Optifast. Oh, it works.

You're on Page 3 of 33
Go to
  • Hi, everyone! First time ever blogging, so I hope I'm doing it right! I just started Optifast 70 two days ago, on my birthday. Calling it my "rebirth" day. I've always been really good at losing weight really quickly (but not keeping it off of course), and I think I was already in ketosis yesterday. Could tell by the foul breath. Looking forward to watching everyone's progress, and thankful for any support.
  • well done kellykins, sounds like you're in ketosis. are you hungry? not being hungry is a sure sign. i don't klnow about your version of optifast (opti 70) but my version VLCD has 4 phases and you must goir through each. that will help you keep it off this time!
    good luck
    saraphin
  • Hi all,
    I'm on day two of optifast and was hoping to connect with other people using the same program. It is so helpful to read about the experiences of trying optifast. Fingers crossed, let's hope this works!
  • hi cbsimpson, underwater, 2healthierme, i'm doing optifast vlcd, i've been doing oit for 4 months and i've lost 18 kilo's now!!!!!!. the first few weeks are the hardest, as underwater says, also ,that's right about your body getting used to less food. the ketosis is the key - you don't FEEL hungry!!!!!

i am hooked on a xmas binge still though, so i expect i'll plateau again soon. i'm a very slow loser, considering it's optifast and others are more rapid, but it'is a loss i care about, so i'm happy. can't exercise much because a) i'm lazy, and b) i have a very painful foot and leg (nerve pain) also, i HATE exercise!!!!!!!!

• Hello Everyone,

Didn't know if anyone was still posting here or not. But I wanted to share my success story. I started Optifast 800 (or if you call it Optifast 160) last month around the beginning of December. And boy has it been some journey thus far. I am extremely obese. So when I started out, I weighed 598lbs. But on this day I now weigh 554lbs. So all together I have lost 44 pounds. And let me tell you what I feel more energized. And it's been a long time since I've felt this energized.

It was extremely tough around the holidays. But my family and friends have been very supportive. So that motivation and the motivation of achieving my ultimate goal led to forget about the temptations of eatting food and continuing on my journey of weightloss.
  • Just ordered my 2 week supply...
    Can't wait to start!!!
    Have 40 to lose.
    Jen
  • Way to go!
    Quote: Hello Everyone,

Didn't know if anyone was still posting here or not. But I wanted to share my success story. I started Optifast 800 (or if you call it Optifast 160) last month around the beginning of December. And boy has it been some journey thus far. I am extremely obese. So when I started out, I weighed 598lbs. But on this day I now weigh 554lbs. So all together I have lost 44 pounds. And let me tell you what I feel more energized. And it's been a long time since I've felt this energized.

It was extremely tough around the holidays. But my family and friends have been very supportive. So that motivation and the motivation of achieving my ultimate goal led to forget about the temptations of eatting food and continuing on my journey of weightloss.
    Thanks for sharing your success story! It' is very encouraging! I'm only on day 3, but I've lost about 7 pounds according to my scale

We can do it! Christy -- optifastadventurer.blogspot.com
  • optifast works for certain . i have obstacles to losing, but just look at my tickers now!
  • Hey Everyone,
    First time doing something like this I will be starting Optifast on Monday. I have tried it before and… totally failed! This time I am in the right frame of mind but need some tips. I found last time it was the chewing of food that I missed - pathetic I know but any tips would be greatly received! Need to lose 15kg!
  • Good morning everyone! I signed up for Optifast at the end of January. I did it for four days and went in to take my weight/blood pressure. My weight was down 4 pounds in four days and my bp was 171/116......I got really scared. The doc didn't take this, I had it done on one of those machines at the grocery store. I was so freaked out I knocked myself right off of Optifast...and went back to my Starbucks comfort drinks. Makes no sense, I know, right? My doc says Optifast will not cause me to have high BP. Well, I ended up going to CVS and used their machine and I was 134/84. Much better, but too high. I've goofed around for two weeks but this morning I got back on the band wagon. I'd love to keep motivated with everyone on here. I weigh 199.8 and I'm only 5'1". My goal is 115 but I'll settle for 125 right now. I weighed 105, even after three kids, but when my husband passed unexpectedly I gained a lot, on top of having hypothyroid. Ugh! Anyway, today is day 1. I wish everyone good luck. I'd love to have 40 off by my family reunion on June 28 and all of it off by Christmas when I will see all of my family again. I'm doing this for me......and my kids......but, to see the look on my family faces will be joyful.
  • Hi everyone!

I've been on Optifast VLCD for 2 days now, I have been replacing my breakfast and lunch with the shakes and having one cup of low carb veggies for dinner, so far so good. I hope more people post in this topic as I don't know anyone who has used Optifast before and it would be good to know how other people have been using this type of weight loss method!
  • Hi everyone
    My name is Lynne and I am new to the forum. Just started Optifast 800 on Monday and I am already down 5 pounds. Im very excited. My goal is 30 pounds by June.
  • Looking to lose 60 lbs and get support
    Hey all! Glad to be here. I just started my second round of Optifast today. Feeling a bit jittery from the Phentermine they give you to help suppress your appetite but feel pretty good otherwise. I have done this one other time but only stuck with it for a week, losing 8 lbs. I'm looking for support and advice. I am also here to support and help out as much as I can!
  • I just completed orientation and I will be through my appointments by April 4th then will be fully on the program. I am dying to begin - I will be doing the full fast program
  • Thanks for posting to this thread.
    Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting. I’m glad that I found a forum that has this as a part of it.

I’ve been on OptiFast for 7 days now; yes I’m counting the days. I have a lot of weight to lose. I cannot wait until the tiredness stops. That’s really the only side effect that I’m having an issue with. You really have to be in the right place to do this diet. I have chronic bursitis of the hips and just couldn’t stand the pain or shots anymore so I have to lose the weight. Plus, I’m rather lazy these days with all the work that goes into eating. You know, planning, shopping, cooking, cleanup, etc. So I was eating out a lot. My kids are gone so I don’t have to cook.

I also have issues with the scale. The scale and I haven’t been on speaking terms for decades. It causes me to yo-yo. That’s from suffering from Anorexia Nervosa before it was commonly known, if it had a name back then.

So I’m on this for 7 days and I think I’m running at about 900 calories a day. If that is the case, this is the lowest calorie a day diet that I’ve lasted more than a few days. My clothes are getting baggy (my way of tracking). I’m not experiencing some of the sever side effects I usually get, which I’m still in awe of. Either I am completely ready for this or it’s not that bad. It may be a bit of both. I know that I’m so done with being a pin cushion. Those shots hurt!

Reading your posts actually made me feel better about this process. Not that I was feeling bad per say. But I was feeling concerned/fear about the unknown and your posts help temper that. Before I can transition into the second phase, I need to lose 15% of my body weight. I hope I can do it in 12 weeks … yesterday was hard, the smells at work during lunchtime were taunting me. Today I hope it is better.

Oh and the vanilla shakes taste awful to me, ack! I’m going to try Strawberry.