Optifast. Oh, it works.

You're on Page 17 of 33
Go to
  • STICK WITH IT!!

3lbs is still a great loss...and guess what? ITS A LOSS!!!! Chip away the weight - most of my weeks are losses of 2-3 lbs, but 18 weeks in I am down 61.8 lbs which is about 3.4 lbs a week.
  • You're totally right about "chipping" away the weight. Thank you for reminding me that it's going to be a long haul. We (Kaiser group) are on Optifast products for 16 week and then transition to food starting the 17th week! I just finished week 2 of product and moving onto week 3 as we speak!!
    I appreciate you keeping it "real"! It's easy to get discouraged. By the way...
    You are doing fantastic!!

Best to all
  • On day 3 today. Was a little hungry yesterday but better today. It amazes me how tempted I've been to just take a little bite here or a small piece there. Thank goodness I have talked myself out of cheating.

I've done that in the past and before you know it, a bite turns into a small meal and then quitting all together. It's also hard in a work environment when there are business lunches or coworkers inviting you out.

I'm trying really hard to give this the best try I can.

It's nice too hear how others are doing
  • I just started on Optifast today. I am feeling more hopeful than I have been able to in awhile. I just hope my expectations aren't unreasonable.

I did the supervised program about 10 years ago and am doing it alone this time (there's a waiting list til January right now to do the supervised program and I didn't want to wait). I was really pleased with the results that I had the last time around but I wasn't ready to make it stick. I've come a long way in the last 10 years and am confident that the lifestyle changes will stick this time.

Looking forward to hearing more about your experiences with Optifast!
  • Hey Twish, we are both in the beginning of this journey. Would love to hear how you are doing and support each other along the way. We can do this!
  • Hey Mary!

We can to this. I feel like I'm playing the lottery, where I know I will win, I just don't know how much.

I followed to program to a T last time around. Did not cheat even once. And it worked. I lost 68 lbs, so I am hoping to lose at least that much again, since I am starting at a higher weight (I remember people in my group who were heavier than me lost more, especially in the beginning).

Anyway, my plan is just to take it day by day...
  • Hey! Welcome newbies. I'm in week 12. I'm down 47 lbs. i promise you that after a week or two you will get into a groove and it will get easier. Keep up the good work.
    P.S. I do miss ice cream.
  • Quote: Hey! Welcome newbies. I'm in week 12. I'm down 47 lbs. i promise you that after a week or two you will get into a groove and it will get easier. Keep up the good work.
    P.S. I do miss ice cream.
    That's awesome! 12 weeks seems so far away now . Day 5 down. I've been good, no cheating at all, although I have been so tempted. I haven't weighed myself yet. Looking for some good numbers on Monday morning, if not, I'm sure I will be very disappointed. Thinking positive for now
  • I'm just finishing Day 3. Have been hungry, with weird cravings. But, no cheating. Down 4.7 lbs already- probably water weight.
  • OMG MaryBB & twish You guys are doing awesome!

I'm on day 12 and missing my coffee with creamer in a bad way! I keep trying to drink it black...yuckk!! Other than that I have missed a meal here and there!! Hard to believe I know. Just let time get away from me and or fall asleep.

I was out "back to school" shopping with my daughter and wasn't sure if I ate or not! I so need to write it all down! This is an issue~

Tuesday nights are my weigh in nights....getting close! No cheats but I worry about the few missed meals!! Although I know some people are on 5 products a day. I'm on 6 and was wondering when they made the switch to have one more??

OK party people, keep rocking it!

• Quote: OMG MaryBB & twish You guys are doing awesome!

I'm on day 12 and missing my coffee with creamer in a bad way! I keep trying to drink it black...yuckk!! Other than that I have missed a meal here and there!! Hard to believe I know. Just let time get away from me and or fall asleep.

I was out "back to school" shopping with my daughter and wasn't sure if I ate or not! I so need to write it all down! This is an issue~

Tuesday nights are my weigh in nights....getting close! No cheats but I worry about the few missed meals!! Although I know some people are on 5 products a day. I'm on 6 and was wondering when they made the switch to have one more??

OK party people, keep rocking it!

Thanks for the support!

I place my 5 shakes on the kitchen counter along with 3 containers of water (equalling 64 oz). That helps me keep track of where I am. Right now I am doing the ready to go shakes. I don't know why, but not having to mix the shakes for some reason makes me feel like it is easier for me. It's one less excuse for me to have when I feel like giving up. I know, it makes no sense, but it works for me.

Keep up the good work! Let us know how weigh in goes on Tuesday!
  • DevlinGeorgia- I have missed a shake twice so far, for the same reasons as you. Hopefully not a big deal. Are you on Optifast 800? That's 5 shakes a day, totalling 800 calories. There are other versions of the shakes, with different amounts of total calories per day.

MaryBB- I mix my own shakes, since I like to flavour them. I add instant coffee to chocolate to make a cold cafe mocha, peppermint to vanilla, etc. I just ordered a couple of sugar-free syrups by Torani in Salted Caramel and Brown Sugar with Cinnamon. These were recommended on another thread here or in an MFP forum.
  • Hi again ~ So, I'm doing this through Kaiser Oakland, Ca and they have us on 6 shakes or 4 shakes 2 bars or 4 shakes 1 bar and 1 soup. It wasn't till I was here on this forum that I noticed that y'all were having 5 shakes mix & match! I'm wondering why? I'll ask Tuesday and maybe that's why I'm not dropping the lbs as much! The package does say Optifast 800~ hummm I'll get back to you on this after my meeting!
    I also add ice, instant coffee, a pk of splenda, vanilla shake mix and a few shakes of Cinnamon~ Ummmmmmm I look forward to it in the morning.

That's some true organization MaryBB. I see success from that!!

I still have a hard time with the exercise. I'm tired!! They did say to add vit D 1x a day, I just bought some and maybe that will help.

Ok, I'll let cha know how it goes on Tuesday night...fingers crossed!
    Hang tight and cheers (holds shaker cup up...)
  • When I did the supervised program we were warned not to over do it with exercise. No weight training allowed. Walking was really encouraged.

I'm doing my week 1 weigh-in tomorrow. I know I've already lost 8lbs, which i'm pleased with. I am weighing myself everyday because it motivates me. Am also measuring myself every 5 days and I have lost an inch around my waist so far.

Optifast DOES work!
  • Hey Twish!
    Great job. I can't wait to see how we'll you do tomorrow. Losing inches is awesome.