Optifast. Oh, it works.

You're on Page 16 of 33
Go to
  • Hey~ So yesterday(Day 2) was a cluster! I went on what was supposed to be a "short" trip to the store, well apparently there was an incident that cause a huge traffic back up! I didn't bring anything with me...no water, shakes, bars, nada! By the time I made it home I hadn't eaten or drank anything for 5 hours!! I was feeling it too! Then to top it all off, at the end of the night I fell asleep on the couch and missed my last meal!! I woke up at about 3 am and wasn't sure if I should eat that last one because technically it was the next day!!!

Today (Day 3) I feel the effect of a VLCD. Unlike most I didn't have a headache or experience moodiness. But today I feel it and the lightheaded thingy is no fun. Was thinking maybe because I didn't do too well the day before? Either way I am plowing through~ Here's to day 4!
  • Does any one have shake recipes? I have only tried 1 variation and LOVE it.
    I make it as my morning glory shake, I look forwards to it in the am
    Vanilla shake powder w/instant coffee, 1 pk splenda, & a few dashes of cinnamon over ice. Ummmmmmmm Have huge troubles gulping down the Strawberry, any advice besides not re ordering them! I'm just hold my nose and chugging it down....barf

Thank you~
  • Torani Sugar free syrups have been a life saver!!! I have S'mores, Brown Sugar Cinnamon, Salted Caramel, White chocolate, Peanut butter, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, and Raspberry...(also got a vanilla for my husband to use in his sodas). IF you get them, do not follow the recommended 2Tbsp portion - that is for making a Gallon - - I find that 1-2 capfuls is more than enough flavoring for our shakes =)

If you check out their site, they have DOZENS of flavors available in Sugar Free.
    The bottles are huge, and glass. I found it much cheaper to order 8 and get free shipping than to buy 5/6 and pay for shipping....but that's just me.
  • welcome all newbies.....

@delvin great start

As for me, this is my 2nd week. It started in a disaster I had a 2 day conference and I thought I had mentally prepared, well I didn't make it through lunch - I ate, I'll spare you the details. But I got right back on the horse and i my not going to let that one failure stop me. I'm disappointed in myself, because I made it through so many obstacles the first week. Oh well it over. I'm moving on. Sooooo I'm down 9 lbs the first week , I'm preparing my mind for the slow down in weight loss this week. I hope I loss at least 3 lbs. a week
  • Have just finished my 17th week on the program....down 59.2 lbs. =) So excited....I am nearly in Underland!!!
  • nibog Yummmmm all of those syrups sound delicious!! I just went onto the site. I also saw amazon had a 6 pk of them!! GREAT update on your SUCCESS! Yes, I'm "talking loudly", I'm very excited for you"! Congrats!!!
    njdx1205 Wow~ 9lbs!! Yeah, brush that slip right off and keep going! You got this!!
    Day 4 & 5 were interesting, we went camping for 2 days w/friends (supportive ones) but I still fell short on the water intake! Man, having to go to the restroom every 15 min is awful. Specially during the night!! We'll see how this and the fact that my period started does to my weigh in on Tuesday Night!! Uggghhhhh WHY~
  • I hate it when I reply before I get to say....Thank you!

I re-read these post when I feel a little discouraged. It really does help that others that started earlier on this program had some of the same "issues" & have gotten through the rough patches successfully!! So, Thank you for giving us newbies some insight and inspiration!!

wishing everyone continued success
  • @nibog Congrats!!!

@delvin Tuesdays weight-in yay!!!!the end of your first , yay!

I'm doing great, had company over yesterday, I cooked for them they ate,it wasn't that bad.
  • Hi everyone!
    I'm a new poster. I'm in week 18 of Optifast 800. I've lost 30 lbs, which isn't as much as I'd like. It's been a tough summer with vacation,cookouts, and other fun events. I've had way too many treats which has slowed my weight loss. But now I'm back on track and staying compliant.

About recipes - I recently mixed the strawberry shake mix with diet orange Crush. It was good! It's nice to have some variety. I have a packet of vanilla in my morning coffee, then 2 more shakes during the day, a chicken or tomato soup for supper, and I end the day with a peanut butter/chocolate bar around 9 pm. I've also been having 2 No Sugar added fudgcicles for 80 calories. I probably should quit doing that.

Looking forward to interacting with others on this journey.
  • 1 week down and 15 more to go! ~I lost 8.5 lbs~ Not too bad I'd say. Although a few of the others lost more, I'm still very happy! Hey, we all gained it differently and we'll all lose it differently as well. Here's to week 2 (on product) Cheers to you all!
  • @devlin-

@opti me - welcome , wow 30 pounds, i cant WAIT to be DOWN 30 WHOLE POUNDS,, great job!!!
  • Thanks Devlin!
    I appreciate your encouragement! Tonight we're going to a food truck festival, so I know that will be tricky. The advice my dietician gave me was to not stress over deviating from my plan. Something I like about Optifast is that it's easy for me to go back to. I took a week off when we went on vacation, but as soon as I got home I was back on track.

On a different topic: my blood work showed I am deficient in vitamin D. I was doing some reading online, and a symptom of Vit D deficiency is aches and pains. Sure enough, every night I was waking up several times because my body ached. I would have to change positions to get comfortable. Since I've been on my supplements, the night aching has stopped. Yay! I never would have guessed I hurting because of a lack of Vit D. So, get your levels checked!
  • So, does anyone else feel like they are on a roller coaster ride?? One day it's a breeze, then it totally feels like forever, now I'm so tired...!!! I thought it would get easier. I just had labs done so if there are any issues I'll find out. But seriously it's only my 2nd week on product and maybe my body is rebelling. Ughhhh
    On a good note, I haven't strayed and started to "move". Went out for a walk today and enjoyed some fresh air Awwwww Hello *Sun
    How's everyone else doing???
  • Yes, it's a roller coaster
    I totally feel like it's a roller coaster ride! Sometimes I feel strong, and at other times, well . . . I just don't. But, feelings come and feelings go. When I was eating whatever/whenever I wanted, sometimes I felt fine & other times I felt frustrated about my weight. I'm learning to acknowledge my feelings as they come then just wait them out. They always change eventually. Hang in there! Enjoy the easy times and days, and gather your strength for the difficult ones. We've got this.
  • Ok, 2nd weigh in and I'm down 3 more lbs. I was a little miffed about ONLY losing 3 but I decided to keep a positive attitude! Which is hard

I'm trying the soup this time and hope that I enjoy a hot dinner!! How's everyone else doing?? Any tips for a more successful loss?

I'm finally feeling better this week, I think my body was rebelling and getting exercise in was not happening!! That's first on the to do list!!

Ok~ Till next week, or if I have any questions! hahahaha