Does anybody else feel like they're intruding?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Don't get me wrong - I feel very welcome here. But I sometime wonder if I shouldn't post/answer as a "regular". This site is so predominately female, I wonder if I'm going to be a "thread killer" if people all of a sudden see a guy has posted.
  • I don't think so. I have seen a couple guys on here who have been around for years, and no thread I've posted in has lost any momentum.
  • Yep, posters on 3 Fat Chicks are predominantly female, but a bunch of us are male and are widely welcomed. There's even a male Moderator, so the site itself is clear.

Needless to say, it's common courtesy to allow the Time of Month (TOM) threads and bra fitting threads remain 'girl talk.'
  • Not at all. I have found few places which feel quite as welcoming as here.

It's a shame the Men's forum is so quiet all of the time.
  • Quote:
    Needless to say, it's common courtesy to allow the Time of Month (TOM) threads and bra fitting threads remain 'girl talk.'
    Hope you don't mind, but as a female I'm jumping in here to say don't ever feel like you are intruding! I love a male's perspective on things and I'm pretty sure the rest of the women on here feel that way too. Please post freely, we welcome it, in fact I wish more men would post here (except for the TOM/bra threads, I agree!)
  • The more insight to our journeys the merrier. Good for you not letting a forum full of females discourage u from joining. We all ultimately want the same things, to be healthier and to reach our goals. Post away.
  • I don't feel like you are intruding, I enjoy your views, even the male moderator's.
  • Thanks all for the feedback. Ladies - it's cool that you read and post here too, I guess that should be evidence enough for me!
  • Just joined up myself and if I did feel like I was intruding I quickly got over it as that's the whole point of discussion forums - to participate. Plus if I don't intruded I'll never get my questions answered. LOL
  • I've been here a month now, and I definitely feel very welcome.
  • I have seen you on a few threads I posted on. I appreciate your posts and point of view!
  • I honestly never look at usernames or pictures so I wouldn't even notice if a man was posting!
  • Thanks much elvislover - right back atcha!
  • There are quite a few guys around here. I too consider all of you not only most welcome, but great contributors in the threads.
  • Quote: Needless to say, it's common courtesy to allow the Time of Month (TOM) threads and bra fitting threads remain 'girl talk.'
    Good one, Bill. A lot of TMI for you guys sometimes!

But of course you're welcome here Fitdad - and your POV is always nice to have.