I want to reach my goal weight before prom!

• Is it possible for me to reach my goal weight before the middle of May by running and eating right?? Is it healthy to lose 15 pounds in 2 months?
  • 15 pounds in 2 months is a little less than 2 pounds per week, so mathematically it is do able; a good chunk of that depends on your body composition now, though. If you don't have the fat to lose, your body resists a whole lot longer. You might try a food, weight, and inch tracker... sparkpeople is pretty awesome and free. They have a line graph where you put in what you want to weigh and when you want to weigh it by, to help you see if you're on track.
  • Sparkpeople said that I could only lose 1 pound a week :/
  • Possible? Yes. "Eating right" really means nothing in this context, it's more how much you eat, not WHAT you eat. Of course healthy foods are BETTER for you, and that's always good!

You're already a normal/healthy weight, and I know from personal experience (like currently) that once you're at this point every pound is a struggle.

Now, you're a good 12 years younger than me, so you have that going for you!

It's worth a try right? Either way you'll be closer to your goal!

P.S. Spark people, and any other website or calculator, is just that. It was probably telling you for the amount of calories it prescribed that mathematically it calculates to a 1 lb a week loss.
  • Took me about 3 months to get from 153 to 124, I ate roughly 1200 cals a day and did 45 mins cardio pretty much everyday. It does seem to get harder the less u have to lose but if u really focus on your food choices it is so doable. Best of luck, and at your weight and height I bet u look great in any prom dress. Post a picture for us on prom day
  • Honestly, I would probably be happy with being 130 by then! I really hope I can do it. Once I reach my goal, hopefully by prom, I will definitely post a picture
  • Well, I lost a stone (14lbs) in exactly 2 months, but I'm at the beginning end of losing weight, so it's probably easier at this end! It's still coming off though and I'm planning on another 21lbs by mid-may and it's looking achievable! I also remember back when I was at school / uni and my starting weight was much lower than it is now, I could easily shift a stone by eating clean & exercising every day (alone! If I went with a friend it ended up being a gossiping session not a workout!). 2 hours of swimming or ice skating most days (I love both of them so no great hardship) and generally walking everywhere, drinking water etc... I could totally do it. I couldn't keep it off though! So while you're losing, get your head straight for how you'll do maintenance, be prepared!

Oh and, don't be disappointed if you don't quite make it, because changing things up now can only work in your favour, but weight can fluctuate for so many reasons! You can definitely get a good run at it though, so good luck! Hope to see you back with a pic either way