The Ultimate Breakfast

• I decided yesterday that I was going to give Holy Crap cereal a try. (holycrap.ca)

I am IMPRESSED!!

This stuff is amazingly good for you and surprisingly tasty! It doesn't look that yummy. (My BF thought I was crazy when I showed him... )

It's organic, gluten free, high fiber, and nut free

At 10 dollars a bag you might be thinking I am crazy for spending that much on a little bag of cereal. I thought I was too, HOWEVER, one serving is 2 tablespoons. I know, I was thinking that 2 tbsp is NEVER going to fill me up.

The ingredients are simple. Hemp Hearts, Chia seeds, Buckwheat, dried cranberries, apples and some raisins. The recommended serving is 2 tbsp with 4 tbsp of almond milk. ( I tried it with the almond milk, didn't really like it, so I dumped a serving of fat free yogurt in the mix

So in total, my very filling and super good for you breakfast was 175 cals, low in fat, carbs and sugar. 5 grams of Fiber too!

I have found a few recipes out there in the interweebs (and on the holycrap.ca website) on other ways to eat holy crap or skinny b (Skinny B doesn't have the dried fruit and has more Chia seeds) for breakfast, adding it to oatmeal etc.

Long story short, if you are looking for an organic and filling breakfast give Holy Crap a try.
  • There are a couple different almond milks you could try, I like unsweetened vanilla, there is original, unsweetened original, vanilla, unsweetened vanilla and now a coconut almond milk, that's just blue diamond brand, sounds interesting.
    thanks for sharing