Myfitnesspal.com.......

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Since yesterday I have been using the myfitnesspal app. Is there anyone that has used it and had success?
  • I've been using it off and on since I started. It's a great tool for counting calories! I find their database to be extensive and I expecially love their app!
  • I've been using it for 5 weeks. So far, I love it. I like the app a lot--and it keeps me on track to see the numbers added up for me. I enter everything as I eat it (or sometimes the plan the night before).

Other people like LoseIt! which they say has better graphs. (MyFitnessPal doesn't have that great of a web interface even though its mobile app is good)

I think if you're calorie counting, using an app such as MyFitnessPal is really beneficial. As long as you enter everything you eat--no exceptions--you will have a real picture of what you're eating and what your calorie deficit is.

Common view is that MyFitnessPal underestimates net calorie goal and overestimates calorie burn for activities. That might be true.

Either way--log your food. Log your beverages. Log everything. It really makes a difference. (I'm told that last sentence is supported by studies, but I haven't looked up any primary sources.)
  • Lots of us there... Feel free to add wannab2cute
  • I use the app and love it. Their data base of food is better than any other app that I've seen. You can pretty much find anything in there, regardless of where your getting it from. I also like how it puts it into a different perspective for you. You don't really notice how fast calories add up when eating but with this I'm more apt to put down the food because I know I will have to see it when I enter it and don't want to be above my calorie intake. I also use their "map my run" app and really like that one as well. If anybody wants to add me on there my name is "Jlynn913"
  • I've been using it to track my food since November. I use the mobile app and desktop version. The database is everything. Far and away the biggest database. I like being able to scan barcodes with my phone to save screen tapping.

I'm a low carber, and so I totally ignore their goal numbers, just use their tracking. I would like to be able to export the data into my own spreadsheet, which they don't seem to have. But MFP exchanges data both ways with my Bodymedia Fit activity tracker (calories burned from BMF, calories eaten from MFP), and BMF then can export the nutrient numbers.
  • I am using it and getting better at logging. I like seeing the amount of sodium, carbs and sugars I take in. I am 122ish if anyone wants to add me
  • I love the MFP app...I don't have a problem with it overestimating calories burned because I put in those numbers myself. I love the scan barcode feature!

Feel free to add me as well: mnbell2013

• I've been using it for a week. Love the barcode although I try and avoid prepackaged food. Putting my food in the app does make me consider my choices, especially when it comes to restaurant food. I also like to see the nutrition for each day. Overall it is great, and it's free!!
  • I've been using their app since the beginning of the year and I LOVE IT!!! Since its on my phone, I find it much easier to remember tracking my foods and should something come up (going out to eat with friends, office party, etc) I can do a quick search on their database to do some research make sure I'm still on track. Not to mention - ITS FREE!!! You can't beat that!
  • you guys need to check out the forums there. The success stories are amazing and there are new ones every day
  • The success stories are amazing on MFP. I don't think the forums are as informative and helpful and thoughtful as 3FC, though.
  • Quote: The success stories are amazing on MFP. I don't think the forums are as informative and helpful and thoughtful as 3FC, though.
    Oh I definitely agree. I loathe their forums for anything but the success stories.

stephanie1133 on MFP, feel free to add me (anyone). I don't log daily anymore, but I pop on still.
  • Love the myfitnesspal app on my phone!
  • Anybody can feel free to add me I'm a newbie. mygirlvj on MFP