Rotini

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I have heard so much about this, but my center does not carry it! Is there any other way I can get it?
    Thanks,
    Meena
  • I just tried it today. It's been on backorder. I had heard so many great things about it but, to me, it tasted like cardboard. I took one bite and then immediately drove to my center to buy the Walden Farms Basil and Tomato sauce to mix in it. The WF sauce was delicious, but it couldn't hide the lack of taste of the Rotini to me. One person told me to add some garlic, which I haven't tried, but I'm thinking I may just deposit the other 6 bags in our center's exchange box.
  • Really? AH but I see how long you have been a member (no offence). When you haven't had pasta for a few weeks, that Rotini is like manna from heaven. I cook up 3 packs at a time and use it in pasta salads, add to soups, or WF Fettucini Alfredo sauce. It lasts a long time without going soggy or slimy, so it's a good one to cook in a batch and break into servings

Post back in a month. I betcha like it more You still have REAL pasta memories in your tastebuds, so "cardboard" might be a legit feeling right now.
  • Rotini is a life craving saver -
  • Love the rotini!!!
  • I tried to eat it once with the WF Alfredo sauce and took two bites and threw it out. It was quite a letdown actually.
  • I usually make a really potent sauce with tomatoes, basil and garlic for the rotini, otherwise it really DOES taste like cardboard.... but it's a nice change from the soup I was so sick of drinking my meals....
  • I don't find it tastes like cardboard, but then I eat whole grain pastas (before IP), so maybe I'm used to eating cardboard.

I had the rotini last night with roasted mushrooms, cauliflower and broccoli, and added some salt and olive oil. I loved it!
  • I see they now have a new one...basil & tomato rotini. The regular rotini doesn't have much flavor on it's own but the texture is great. I'll bet the new one will be better since it has some flavor added to it.
  • Quote: I don't find it tastes like cardboard, but then I eat whole grain pastas (before IP), so maybe I'm used to eating cardboard.

I had the rotini last night with roasted mushrooms, cauliflower and broccoli, and added some salt and olive oil. I loved it!
    I am in ths camp...so glad to have something solid and not restricted! Easy to get an IP alternative on Nashua by on line ordering if your IP center is out of product. (Cheaper too!)
  • I am in ths camp...so glad to have something solid and not restricted!
    Quote: Easy to get an IP alternative on Nashua by on line ordering if your IP center is out of product. (Cheaper too!)
    Thanks! How do I do that?
  • Love it! but Ive been OP for4.5 months so pasta is heavenly!!!!
  • I LOVE the rotini! I enjoy it as a cold pasta salad with veggies and some homemade dressing. I also really like it warm with crushed tomatoes and italian spices (basically a homemade tomato sauce). It isn't great by itself but if you add some spices and veggies it is great. I have been on this diet since the end of June though so my taste has changed a lot and having something that resembles pasta is exciting for me!
  • Quote: I tried to eat it once with the WF Alfredo sauce and took two bites and threw it out. It was quite a letdown actually.
    That's the EXACT reaction I had to this combo also Cheeky! YUCK! I'm going to give it another try with the WF Tomato Basil sauce, hoping it's better.
  • Quote: I have heard so much about this, but my center does not carry it! Is there any other way I can get it?
    Thanks,
    Meena
    Go to the Protein Store. They sell all the IP products. That's where I get all mine..and shipping is FREE!

http://buyproteinfood.com/index.php?p=home