2 pound weight gain, feeling awful

• I stepped on the scales yesterday, it said 147lbs instead of 145lbs. I feel awful. I feel like such a failure.
    I know exactly how/why i gained weight (too much chocolate, canteen food, not enough exercise). I know what to do to fix it (eat less chocolate, canteen food, workout more)
    It just sucks that i will have to wait for the weight to go away.

I think i am just negative because a good friend killed themselves on Friday.
  • I am so sorry about the loss of your good friend. That is horrible.

As for your supposed 2lb gain, are you sure that is not water weight? You are right, it will suck waiting for it to go away but it will eventually go away as soon as you get back on track.
  • 2 pounds could easily be water weight. Just try drinking a lot of water today to see if that helps.
  • So sorry for your loss - very tragic.

Your weight gain is not surprising under the circumstances - but now you have to get back on track and move forward. You can undo the damage. Do something positive in your friend's memory.

• What a hard thing to deal with and so recently.

Regarding the two pounds, I know you probably feel bloated but it's likely not a fat gain. (I'm assuming this was a rather rapid gain though your post doesn't specify.) Yesterday I weighed in at 232 and today it said 234. I know I didn't eat enough calories for even a modest gain; it's stress and lack of sleep wrecking havoc on my system. This is why I always show my biggest losses on Monday after I have the weekend to rest.

Given what you're experiencing, your body may just be dealing with the emotion and stress in its own way. Go easy, eat nutritious food, get in a walk or two and take care of yourself.
  • I'm very, very sorry for your loss. I'd venture to guess that the 2 pounds bothering you SOOOO much is really more to do with your grief. I'm sure you know, rationally, that 2 pounds is so little and chances are it's at least partially water. Again, I'm so very sorry for the loss of your friend. Care for yourself during this time instead of picking on yourself!
  • Hey Irish,

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I cannot imagine what you are going through.

I agree with the other girls that it is probably a combination of stress and water weight. When we are stressed out we tend to not look after ourselves as well and forget little things like drinking enough water and eating healthy.

Usually when I put on a few pounds in a short period, I can bring it back down quickly by just making sure to up my water and cutting down a bit on the floury carbs i.e. pasta and bread.

I hope this helps. You'll get back on track.
  • Sorry about your friend
  • Thanks for all the kind words guys. My grandfather recently died too and the day of his funeral i had to move to a new city for a new job.

This move has meant i see my boyfriend a lot more now. I am finding that i have less time to workout, yet i have taken up karate which i do for fours a week and i try and work out for an hour once or twice.

My diet had been great, yet last week it was my birthday and everything had went wrong for me.

It most likely was water weight, as the scales were up by 3lbs, i worked out and they were up just 2lbs.

I think i will buy myself a scales so i can keep track of my weight at home.
    Thanks
  • I am also very sorry for your loss.

I weigh every Tuesday and Wednesday and I take the best of those 2 and claim it for my week. I sometimes get excited about weighing and can't wait, so yesterday I weighed and I was the same weight. I was feeling bloated, so I was content with that. Today I weigh and I'm up 3 lbs and of course I feel super bloated. I'm hoping this bloat goes down by tomorrow morning! It is so discouraging when our hormones sabotage our weigh ins on weeks we have worked so hard. My diet was on point and I did every thing right. Grrrrrrr!

If anyone wants to add me on Loseit, [email protected]

Good Luck everyone!