The Onederland Express - Hop on here ! #8

You're on Page 6 of 30
Go to
  • Well, after 1 year and 2 months I have FINALLY made it to Onederland It has been a long journey to get here and I can finally concentrate on getting to my goal now instead of just getting under 200. I was so thrilled this morning I took a pic of the scale

Alyssa
  • First things first ......................CONGRATS ALYSSA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know how great that feels, I've done it a few times and like you I always take a pic of it ...I hope to take another pic soon and this time not have to do it again.....................I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you !!!!!!

I had another OP day yesterday and I am thankful again for that...we are having a pitch in ( right now ) at work and I am trying really hard to stay away from all of the desserts...I actually brought spinach turkey wraps for everyone and that is what I'm having with some baked bbq chips and some green grapes for my dessert ...if I can stay away from all the goodies until 2 or 3 when they put it all away I will be good...wish me luck

I am SO glad it is Friday, can't wait to sleep in tomorrow....this DST has done me in...my body is having a hard time adjusting...

Food 3/14
    breakfast - left over frittata - 265, handful of small crackers - 25
    lunch - chili -220, 4 nuggets -180, and one saltine cracker - 25
    snack - smart popcorn - 200, square of dark choc - 60
    dinner - chicken wrap ( 1 and a half of them ) - 350
    snack - greek strawberry yogurt - 130
    total for day - 1455

have a great weekend everybody !!!!!!!
  • Thank you Carri!! I actually made it to 198.8 this morning....so I will say I have a foothold in the 190's

We just got back from Target and Sam's Club, well Saturday at Sam's they have all the free samples. Kids more or less had lunch just walking around Of course I had to try a few things so I'm counting that as my lunch as well.

It was really nice here yesterday so we took a nice 7 1/2 mile walk. Cold front seems to be moving thru now and the temp is dropping. Will have to get our walk in sooner than later.

How is everyone else's Saturday going? Have a good day!

Alyssa
  • Hi Everyone,
    I am among the living. DH and I went back to the doctor yesterday and we both were put on a different antibodic and DH was also given a steriod and we have a cough syrup to help have a productive cough instead of this "barking" we have been doing.

I must say I feel 10 times better today and so does DH--we haven't ran a fever for over 24 hours now--Thank goodness!

Alyssia--I am SO Happy and PROUD of you for making it to ONEderland. You have worked hard and accomplished a great thing for yourself.

Carri: Look at you having all these OP days! Go Carri, Go! Were you able to stay away from the goodies?

Victoria: How are you doing? Did you find a track you can walk on so you don't have to deal with those scary dogs?

Dee: Missing you!

I plan to start logging my food again tomorrow and countig calories and posting them. I must get started back on track.
  • Hello Girls my paternal-grandparents r from Ireland so its been a hard~long 2 weeks leading to St.Pat's day w all the starches, etc but I did make a few of my reubens w turkey instead of corned-beef & they were yum & I switch my bread & used low-fat thousand island dressing & saved about 400 cals on my huge 2 serving-size sandwiches. Plus other yum traditional Irish foods I try to make slimmer or eat 1/2 serving during these weeks & lo-cal beer. All of America is Irish this weekend We entertained w green beer & green-tinted gingerale & mint-green milkshakes for our guests this weekend & had a Irish pot-luck party

Alyssa on hitting the One's & w cooking for your family makes it hard because they will sneak into 'our diet' food & treats. Sometimes I buy/make something I know my dh/others don't like, so I know when I want to eat it, I know it will still b there @ my meal time Congrat's on counting Sam's as a lunch instead of a snack & your lonnggg walk, wow that's impressive!!! What state do U live in?
    Carri, great going w being OP sooo many days Soon U will b back in the 'One's again too
    Susie I'm glad that U & dh r feeling much better now. I have to get back to posting meals daily also, because I've lost interest in being @ tops w all the clicky groups & I simply won't join in their gossip so I plan to quit this month & my dh doesn't want me to join another club because of the 6 yrs I was a officer in this club, I'm just burnt out. I hope U take good care of yourself when U go back to work Monday; do U know when the finale' of Revenge is???

Girls, U gotta post for 'all of us', your tips for losing & staying OP

Victoria, do U go by 'Vicki, or Tori' also? Have a great week w your little girls, dh & doggies in your beautiful warmmm state, U'll get into the 'One's again soon, your family will see to that w all their energy
  • Happy St. Patrick's Day ladies!!

Thank you so much everyone for the congratulations.....I sooo appreciate all your encouragement and support!!
    I weighed in at 197.8 this morning, getting deeper into Onederland

Dee - all that food sounds sooo wonderful. My DH is mostly Irish but we usually just do the standard fare of corned beef, cabbage and red potatoes. I love stocking up on the corned beef this time of the year because they tend to be cheaper. Love them!
    I live in Illinois. It's colder here today, was snowing pretty good earlier. They always have a huge St. Patrick's Day parade in St. Louis (which is 45 min away) every year, haven't been to it in a while, but it's a lot of fun.

We picked up some nice looking ribeyes at Sam's yesterday so grilled those up for dinner last night. Made hot dogs for the kiddos. Had 1/2 of a leftover steak for part of my breakfast this morning

My walking buddy, DH, is out of town working this week. So it will either be the treadmill or pushing our 2yo in the stroller during the day if the weather cooperates.

How is everyone else doing today?

Alyssa
  • Hello! I am feeling better each day. Still coughing a lot but I'm cleaning this house, and washing everything that is washable that we have touched and spraying lysol on everything that can't be washed.

I have two more loads of laundry left and then I am done!

Dee: I am looking forward to logging on tomorrow and seeing what you posted for your meals. I'm sorry to hear that your TOPS group isn't supportive to you anymore--it's ok..you have us!

Alyssa: It can be hard to keep up the exercise when your workout partner isn't with you (I know..when mine has something to do and can't make our workouts then I just want to not do it--especially in this cold, gloomy weather) but don't let yourself get into that rut...get on the treadmill and work hard and look sexy and tonned for your DH when he gets back.

Ok..back to the housework...see you all tomorrow.
  • Dee- you can calll me vicky or tori whichever you like, noone ever calls me tori but i think its cute, lets try that . Glad to see you're doing good.

Susie-I didnt find a track yet but i also havent looked very hard since my last post, it has been busy here at home between the housework and time with friends. I am wearing my workout clothes and need to workout! my dad came by to pick up my 2 year old Adi so i will go to my workout as soon as i'm done here.

Carri-Awesome job on another OP day girl. you are in control. Hi 5!!

Alyssa! great job , i know you must be so excited, that just makes me even more excited to see someone doing it! great work!

Ok ladies, will see you soon!
    weight today was 227.6 my ambitious goal for friday is 224.6 thats 3 pounds on a beginning of a low carb diet so it should be attainable.

talk to you all soon.
  • Morning LADIES !!! Sorry I have been MIA for a few days...but I have still remained OP and even was thru the whole weekend which is a BIG deal for me...last night I did go over about 400 cals but I need to do that once in a while to keep my body guessing , haha

I didn't watch the B Loser finale yet but did see online that Danni won, she looks amazing

Alyssa - I usually feel pretty good after I get below 195..then I feel like if I gain a couple I will still be under 200 You are doing so great.

Tori ( I like that ) - I have done low carb before, and you can lose weight very quickly, but it's just hard for me to sustain, especially being a diabetic, my sugars get too low and then I need to up them, and sugar is the only thing that raises it quickly ...my dh loves low carb...so good luck with it, if you have any questions let me know...I did it for quite a while a time ago.
    Love your new attitude, I think you are gonna really start losing now

Hi Dee - my dh is irish too ...and it really shows in his red beard, haha ...the hair on his head is brown, but his beard always grows out red, haha...I tease him about it, he's a cutie.

Susie - so glad to hear that you are feeling better, sometimes it does take a while...dh says he has a cold and is feeling worse today...I REALLY hope I do not end up getting it, I am so sick of sickness.

Well tomorrow is the first day of Spring and it says our high temp for the day will be around 32 ....now that doesn't sound like Spring to me...
    I don't think warmer temps are ever coming, lol

Food 3/18
    breakfast - Bellavita Biscuits - 4 pack - blueberry - 230
    Lunch - three fresco style tacos - 450
    Snack - half a bologna sandwich - 180
    Dinner - piece of tilapia with light breading - 200, mac n cheese - 300
    Snack - cherry poptarts - 410, and choc milk - 230
    total for day - 2000 cals

Have a great day everyone ...it's freezing here and the wind almost blew me over,....so if you have the same weather, stay warm !!!!!
  • Hello Everyone.

For those of us that watch Biggest Loser...did Dani look amazing?
    Really I thought they all did.

I worked from home half a day today and then took the other half off as a vacation day. We are leaving around 4 to go to a WWE event tonight in Cincinnati. My DH is a HUGE professional wrestling fan and I got him tickets for his birthday. We haven't been to a live match in over 17 years.

I'm just so happy that we are both feeling better and can go.

No exercise yet for me but here is my food from yesterday. Dinner looks skimpy because it was. We thought our light bulbs in the kitchen were blown out and they were but we have more issues than that; we think it is a ballast that needs replaced. I have a electrician coming tomorrow-couldn't get one here today (of course not, not when I was already home), so tomorrow I'm working from home again (which is sort of nice)

3-18-13 FoodB=Special K breakfast bar, water
    S=greek yogurt, water
    L=1 potato skin with ranch dressing, beets, water
    D=2 pieces of cheese, celery sticks, and 1 peanut butter egg, water

Tory: It's cute and I think it "fits" you. Share with us what your your low-carb meals are.

Carri: Do not get sick!! I'm tired of sickness and cold too. I'm hoping that spring will show up on Easter or right after. I think that it always takes Easter to get things going.
  • Boy Susie, that whole day of food seems puny ,....must not have much of an appetite from being sick, lol
  • Hey everyone!

Susie and Carri OMG did Danni look awesome or what?!? My jaw literally dropped to the floor when she walked out on stage. I actually couldn't recognize her for a minute, her body looks amazing and she's so muscular! They all looked great....another one that looked really good was Lisa. Wow!

Tori love the name....wish I had a cool nickname I have been doing low carb pretty much this whole time. So far it's what has worked best for me.

Weighed in this morning at 197.0 hoping it keeps going down, but TOM is around the corner so that point may be moot

I did take my 2yo DS on a walk this morning, in the stroller, only for about 2 miles. It was pretty cold and windy. Really needs to warm up here. I think Punxstawney Phil may have been mistaken about Spring being around the corner......

Talk at ya all later!

Alyssa
  • Good Morning Ladies!
    Weighed in at 226.4 this morning.
    Breakfast will be a cheese stick and a slice of bread don't have a toaster yet, dont have butter . lol with my protein shake which is hi i n protein 0 carbs, its called syntrax and i buy it at vitamin shop, i only take a 1/4 of a scoop with each meal and in between so it comes to one and a 1/4 scoops a day. or around 100 calories but lots of protein.

LUnch will be grilled chix that i already precooked monday night for the week with salad, and my shake,

dinner will be more chicken but oven roasted chicken thighs with squash and zuchini

snacks in between will be protein shake also through out the day i'll be drinking 100 ounces of water or thereabouts. will be changing my name at the social security office then buying bright sheets wanna make my room springy too! I hope you all have an OP day i havent yet, (at night I have cookies and milk) but not tonight! lol i'm going to brazil to visit my in laws in the summer or soon after and I need to look presentable , you know they're all skinny! lol I gotta do it for me too though and my family. have a beautiful day lady loves. tchau.
  • Morning Ladies …not much going on here …just ate breakfast…my stomach was actually growling, haven’t felt that in a while…lol
    I watched BL finale last night and Danni looked so good…I hope she can maintain this weight ( or within 10-20 lbs or so ) …they all looked really good…I don’t remember them saying anything about when the next season will start….did any of you hear anything?

Alyssa – yes Danni looked so good…I can’t believe that she didn’t appear to have any real loose skin …I saw a little in the arms when she waved them but not much…Jillian really toned her up good…plus she is also 26 I think so that always helps…it needs to warm up here too, so cold….I want to get out and walk sometime this year, lol

Tori – bread ? That’s a no no on any low carb diet, lol – although I guess looking at your menu for today you need some carbs…also be careful with salad dressings, a lot of them have a lot of added sugar, especially the lower fat ones – do you like deviled eggs? When I did low carb I used to like to make up a batch and snack on them when needed ( lower fat mayo )….it would be so AWESOME to go to Brazil, I’m so jealous ….yeah now you step it into gear so you can feel so good there and have a great time.

Susie – hope you are feeling even better today….and that you guys had a great time last night.

Hi Mel, Dee, Liz, LeeAnn

Have a great day all !!!

Food 3/19
    Breakfast – Bellavita breakfast biscuits 230
    Lunch – ½ ham sandwich on wheat with mustard – 190, cup of chicken tortilla soup -260
    Snack – pce of dark chocolate -60, natural applesauce -50, and handful of goldfish – 90
    Dinner – parmesan couscous – 220, 10 small shrimp ( plus some oil ) – 90
    Snack – M&M’s fun size pack – 75, cereal – 160, milk – 100
    Total for day - 1525
  • Hi. In Ohio we don't know that it is spring yet--the sun is out but it cold! The wind is bitter cold. I will put up with this until Easter Sunday and then it better change! I think Easter is the true turning point.

We had a nice time last night. It was fun to see my DH act like a kid. We needed a night out like that. I sat next to the nicest man---he was very good looking and had cute kids. He was smart and talked to my DH too! He asked me about my hair and took a picture so he could show his wife. He said she was a red-head too and was looking to start covering her grey (he was grey too..and very distinguished...I guess they started late in life with kids) and he thought she might like my color and highlights and cut.

I would have thought that was strange but people stop me about my hair all the time.

Tory: Brazil sounds great! Keep on plan and work hard so you can enjoy yourself and feel confident when you go.

Carri: I didn't hear them say anything about next season for BL...surely they will have something.

Alyssa: I thought Lisa looked GREAT too.

Hi Dee!

Food for 3-19-13:
    B=greek yogurt, and a Breakfast on the Go back of oatmeal clusers, and blueberries
    L=2 cups of pasta with red sauce. One bread stick, 2 cups of asparagus
    D=2 p of pizza
    Snack:1/2 bag of cotten candy