The Onederland Express - Hop on here ! #8

You're on Page 17 of 30
Go to
  • Hey Girls the warmmm weather is back to stay till fall
    Carri & Susie Thank You for your support to me w dh, I'm sorry your dh has been like that too. My dh Knows my 2 business incomes r about my clients & the personal service I give them to fill their needs, during the crazy-busy weeks +50 hr wks (I have 2 college guys work for me) otherwise I work by myself. I'm not lazy dh confessed Monday night about hurting me; dh wants to spend $$$$ on fishing gear & another lawn tractor using my appliance savings acct from my business acct. He did buy parts & repair our washer & it runs fine now, so he wants my washer savings to spend & that's why he be-littled me to make me feel guilty, so I'd just hand it to him. But then I told him +20 things I've done this year saving us thousands of dollars & then he backed-off & appologized. I forgave him, but said 'your mean words backfired' then dh went to Staples & bought me a 'I'm sorry gift' the 7"KindleFire for my purse that I wanted from Santa. Men can b jerks... If he'd been 'honest' I would've shared some of the appliance savings, who knows how long the washer will last, if the fridge breaks, so I need a savings acct. from my business income for our appliances/home emergencies. I'm the logical/saver spouse & he's our spender & has enough guy-stuff (tools & sports equipment) for 5 men... He Needs to sell some stuff to buy himself the newer models he wants. We both work too hard for him to do this when we have his medical debts. Marriage....

Carri Mattress shopping, so many sets to look @ & lay-on try-out I'm glad U found 1 that U like. I'm sorry about your car damages from the storm & getting it fixed.... Hey, I'm proud of U for never giving-up when U mess-up, U fix yourself again & again being determined just like I did w food. Neverrr b sorry for venting-sharing your prob's w us....We R your extended Family & care & wish a Wonderful life for each other. Did your dh use the same body-shop when his car got hailed? If your car isn't like new condition, enjoy the rental car & take a longgg relaxing drive, on the body-shop's $ for their careless work. Carri needs some pampering this week.

Susie I'm very impressed w U doing the 5K walk today w/o training. I hope your knee is good & doesn't hurt U. I hope U took your water w U. How is your throat feeling? Did U watch Revenge last Sunday, I can't wait to see it next fall when Emily confesses to Jack... Nashville I wonder if Rayna will confess to Deacon about their love child as a cliff-hanger...

Yonnana It Works it's a Hit! I've used it 3 x now & last night I was craving sweets & made a ice cream banana split, w frozen bananas & frozen strawberries & drizzled a spoonful of chocolate over my bowl w a spoonful of chopped nuts. YUMMY. I got the hot-pink, but it looks fushia. Guilt-Less desserts, just count the cals/values of your fruit + any toppings. The fruit does comes out creamy like soft serve ice cream. I put the parts into a big bowl of warm, soapy water to wash & then rinsed off; instead of using my dishwasher, so its ready to use ASAP

After losing my 30 lbs, I mainly do portion control now, eating 1 serving of whatever I want or 1/2 serving size & I only eat my big carbs 'early in the day (breakfast-lunch)' to have the whole day for burning-off the carbs/fat. My supper is almost carb-free (veggies & protein). That way if I'm tired from a long work day or its hot-humid, I won't feel guilty for not being active & I can relax w dh knowing I didn't gain any pounds.

Lyss, we r campers too. It's so much fun & relaxing, the camp-fires, etc. I hope the weather is good for U It's such a great family time w your kids

Torri & LeeAnne we Miss U, please stop & say 'hello'
  • A healthy way of eating is a quiet statement of self love.

That sentence was in a program I did at TOPS last night....when I was preparing for the program...yesterday at lunch because I forgot that I was to do the program....and I came across that quote, it stopped me in my tracks.

Confession: I don't really love myself. My actions show it. I put EVERYTHING before me. No wonder I feel half dead most of the time. I try..I give it a try for a day or a week but then when it gets tough..and time is tight, I take care of everything else but me.

It showed on the scale last night..that is all I want to say about the gain...that and it WILL come back off this week.

I'm printing that self love statement out and putting it everywhere so I can see it. Dee, I love how you do with your self-contract and your goals. I'm a "thought" person and this self love statement speaks to me..and I'm going to use it to get back to loving me and eating healthy, and moving healthy. I am worth loving...really I am!

The 5 k was brutal ladies. It was 88 degrees in the 2 p.m. afternoon sun. Many people had a tough time. I finished it but not in a good time... We had about 1/2 a mile to the finish when my co-worker I was walking with said "I don't feel good...I feel dizzy and have chills" and then she threw up! She got overheated and had a bit of sun stroke. I stayed with her while the medics took care of her and then I went ahead and walked to the finish line. So my time was 1 hr and 35 min..but I did finish. I got a mild sunburn. Note to self--I will only do early morning 5k's from now on. I can't take the heat or the sun when I'm exercising.

Dee: I was going to ask you what you thought about Nashville and Revenge. I am on the same page of what you are thinking.

It's nice that DH got you a little "guilt" gift. I am a saver too..and my DH is not...we have many "passionate" discussions because of it.

Carri: It's ok to vent. When I was reading your post a thought came to my mind. I thought about how sometimes when a storm is brewing you can feel it coming..and you can feel your heart race and you can feel the air becoming electric....and then it blows in and there is this fury and the rain pounds hard and you can't see...and then when it is over....it is very peaceful and things look brighter and cleaner and refreshed. That is what your vent can do for you!

Mattress are every expensive..for sure. When we bought our new one 3 years ago we did a 1 yr same as cash and paid for it that way. I had the money in the savings account but I didn't want to take that amount out of my savings..I just wasn't comfortable with it. So I paid for half of it in cash and then did the interest free 1 year same as cash thing and I just added it to the budget and then paid it each month even thought I didn't owe the balance for year....it worked for us..just a thought.

it's ok that right now, you don't care....we care about you and will hold you up!

Ok..I need to get to moving. I took a vacation day to get ready for my jewlery party tomorrow. I can't have 15 women in my house and not clean!

My plan is to be done by noon and then read and nap until DH gets home from work
  • Just a quick pop in...still under some stress, car thing still isn't going well...but it's Friday and I'm gonna try and have a nice relaxing weekend...mattress is being delivered tonight so that is one good thing.

Susie - I'm just so proud of you that you did the 5k...sorry to hear about your friend, that would have been me, I don't do heat well at all, especially if I am exercising. Thanks for the encouragement.

Hope you all have a good one !!

Carri
  • Hi Ladies, I just got caught up on some posts here. I'm on the way to chuck e cheese w the girls and their friends but I'll be back this evening to catch all the way up. I just got called an ugly wife! I was devastated, I couldnt even say anything back because I was already feeling so horrible about myself this morning then I went to take my husband to pick up some bread and I heard some male workers say that in their language, I was at first very angry but then I was so sad because I felt they were so right and that is something I have never heard from other people it was so heart wrenching I had no idea what to say back and my kids were in the car my husband didnt hear and I couldnt tell him what they said since i was so ashamed! omg you guys are the only ones I could tell this too. I'm sorry to be such a debbie downer but wow some people are so rude I wish I would have been mean to them but Idk it felt so embarassing. I started crying as soon as we left and i told my husband they said something bad about me , he tried to get it out of me but omg how embarassing to look your husband in the face and tell him that someone else said out loud exactly how you are feeling. I know its just words and they were jerks , and i'm gonna be fine but that sucked. I gotta go becasue my pal has a flat tire and i have to pick her up so we can go to chucke cheese. I will be back for personals. I miss you guys! my ankle is still so weak i can only walk a short ways but i'm just gonna low carb this crap off i can't deal anymore.
  • Tori So sorry that happened to you. People are so damn mean and cruel. Let me tell you, you are absolutely GORGEOUS and don't let some a**holes let you think any differently. Please don't let it ruin your weekend, consider the source and know they are just jerks being jerks. Chin up girl, you're beautiful!!
  • Quote: Hi Ladies, I just got caught up on some posts here. I'm on the way to chuck e cheese w the girls and their friends but I'll be back this evening to catch all the way up. I just got called an ugly wife! I was devastated, I couldnt even say anything back because I was already feeling so horrible about myself this morning then I went to take my husband to pick up some bread and I heard some male workers say that in their language, I was at first very angry but then I was so sad because I felt they were so right and that is something I have never heard from other people it was so heart wrenching I had no idea what to say back and my kids were in the car my husband didnt hear and I couldnt tell him what they said since i was so ashamed! omg you guys are the only ones I could tell this too. I'm sorry to be such a debbie downer but wow some people are so rude I wish I would have been mean to them but Idk it felt so embarassing. I started crying as soon as we left and i told my husband they said something bad about me , he tried to get it out of me but omg how embarassing to look your husband in the face and tell him that someone else said out loud exactly how you are feeling. I know its just words and they were jerks , and i'm gonna be fine but that sucked. I gotta go becasue my pal has a flat tire and i have to pick her up so we can go to chucke cheese. I will be back for personals. I miss you guys! my ankle is still so weak i can only walk a short ways but i'm just gonna low carb this crap off i can't deal anymore.
    I was just browsing this thread, but this post made me feel the need to speak up. Yes some people are jerks and rude and horrible. But these jerks are also wrong wrong wrong.

That's you in the profile pic right? Cheeriloos you are gorgeous, and I mean it. And I know I'm just a stranger on forum, but you are. Forget those idiots. Look at yourself in the mirror, high five yourself for having gorgeous eyebrows and cheekbones, smile and see that it lights up your whole face. Then go kiss your husband who I know agrees with me and don't give those idiots another thought!
  • Hey Girls, Happy Saturday!

Tori, I am so proud of U for not making a scene in front of your girls & upsetting them. "U r very Beautiful" & today U showed your dignity & grace. U can explain to your girls about Bullies & how momma handled today; there Is a time & a place & way to deal w Bullies... Now when U see those guys, U know they have 'no respect' & 'no morals' they r just 'trash/garbage walking on 2 legs', they r Blind & probably have 'no girlfriends/wife', Trash like them belong in the garbage can, put their lid-on & forget about them. We Luv U & r so happy that U came back to us Tell us what U need & we will b here to help U get to your goal. I hope your dh had a fun b-day & your visit w your mom was great & your Chuckie Cheese day was fun w the kids & friends. See U soon

Carri, sorry your car prob continues to bum U out But Great news that U got your new bed Sunday is a new start to a Wonderful week for U soo keep going, your days will get better.... Hey, go walking w Les & enjoy our beautiful weekend

Susie, I'm so proud of U for finishing your 5K Sorry to hear about your friend getting sick... I love your "A healthy way of eating is a quiet statement of self love" quote When I texted U last week, I knew we shared that we 'put ourself last daily' that's why I always gotta put Me into my daily schedule/day planner now for a hour somewhere in my day. Otherwise, I'd b too busy doing for everyone/everything else & I'd grab the quick junk snacks to eat & still b fat. I Like coming here w you'all on my food break. I'm eating a ice-cream sandwich snack, I made my ice cream w my Yonanna machine & subbing 2 thin slices of angel food cake I made in a loaf pan for the cookies, instead of 2 normal cookies used in the store. Susie I know U can Reach your size 16 Goal by Christmas because U meet your deadlines every week @ work Wonder Woman always Wins against allll odds When our knees & feet r messed up, we can always 'lift hand-weights' & burn those cals/carbs.

I put my pic back on today, I want your opinions. I'm getting my hair styled & highlighted Tuesday. My hair is just touching my shoulder & still has long layers & today its in a pony-tail. I'm thinking about getting a long-layered bob just below my chin to b able to pull it back w barrettes/headbands & pop into a pony-tail this summer when its hot. What r your hairstyles & r they low-maintenance during the week. I need wash & go because I have to b ready for a spur of the moment, sewing client to drop-in w/o a appointment & my dog kennel clients/grooming. Girls, what r your hairstyles & r they easy to keep-up during the week.... Post your pic TY
    Hi Lyss & LeeAnne
  • I am here....struggling..unfocused but here. We all know that when I get busy I loose focus....but I MUST stop doing that. Losing focus doesn't make me less busy but it sure makes more of me.

Torri: When I read that post got so DANG mad!
    You are BEAUTIFUL...your husband is HOT and HOT men pick BEAUTIFUL wives.

Dee is right..you showed your beauty from the inside out in that situation. They are not worth any more of your tears.

Dee: I don't know if I'm too late for the "re-do" of your hair? I think putting some long layers in your hair sounds good. It will give it movement when down and you can still pull it back or parts of it back. Is your hair curly?

Mine is stick straight and i have it in a inverted bob where the back is shorter than the front, other than that my hair is all chin lengthy.

I am meeting my regular walking.workout partner tonight. My plan is to do 30 min on the bike and 20 min on the elliptical and then some weights.

I have got to get moving again so my depression will lift and I can get this mind back in the game.
  • Thank you girls so much for being so supportive, I am back up to 232 So I have officially gone back to the drawing board. how funny its like a never ending cycle sheesh.I found myself loathing the girl on the cover of my magazine this morning in the bathroom, she looked so perfect, i threw the magazine on the floor , I really need to get back to a healthy weight. n I currently have no plan. I am totally type A so I'm going to sit down and create a plan soon.My girls will be home schooled this coming year , (I decided I can give them a more focused and customized to their level of learning education to be their foundation at least for the higher grades and it will strengthen our bond because we have most of the year together but none of the summers or holidays per our divorce papers 2009.

Dee- My hair has always been a mess so i'm no help i did have an inverted bob which i loved but now I am growing it out so its just a weird mess. I have vitiligo so i'm getting some white patches in my hair and the hair is soo brittle its like two inches long, ( i'm hoping that the rest of the hair doesnt follow suit)which i just read today I shouldnt color until I find henna color which is more natural and affects my vitliligo less.

Carri-I know the car thing is tough but it wont last forever, there are sometimes when I park my car in the drive and don't look at it all day but since I put it in the shop yesterday I feel stuck here at home, lol

Susie-you're right about working out it sure does help your mood and self esteem, since I have sprained my ankle I have been more and more depressed about my self , I'm finally pretty much back to normal. I need to be very careful because my ankle is so weak now but I'm gonna try at least walking, I wanted to ride my bike but the pedal fell off, i put it on and it felll off again! lol what in the world. Anyway our tv broke and its at the repair guy so my workout dvds arent helping me either, we have a tv in our room but no space .. can't really walk w my shepard since it yanks me around and my ankle is weak i'm gonna get the tv back this week though and start on some of my beginner dvds. Susie- Thank you! I finally got someone to tell me my husband is hot, lol my girlfriends normally dont want to comment i guess. Sometimes i'll say isnt my husband so cute and that prolly makes em think its a trick question..its not I think he is but noone really says that, so thank you. and thank you for being such a sweetheart.

thinkin thin- thank you so much reading all the posts again makes me feel better. you look so great. I'm happy for you , you look so great! Great motivation for me I cannot wait to back in the 180s again.

I love yall and thank you again! I will update you girls on my plan soon, I just gotta do some research on what will be best for my injury i dont want to reinjure, not only for weight gain, I am actually afraid of the pain that was just awful. awful pain.

Ok gonna do my homework and update you , I'm gonna be the happy cheery non depressed tori I was before. YOu'll see!
  • Hey Girls I sure hope that you'all r having betterrr weather. Next week is back w sun & warm temps

Carri, where r U .... We r missing U

Hi Susie & Tori, girls keep trying you'll find something that works for U. When your knee, foot hurts don't forget that lifting hand weights revs-up your fat burning + it burns cals off. We can use our bed as a weight bench & lay down w our hand-weights, leg lifts, sit-ups etc. when the floor is uncomfortable. Hula Hooping is a newer aerobic activity to think about doing w/o hurting knees & feet, Amazon has the dvds & hoops & some cities have classes. Good Luck girls & Tori, both myself & Carri told U after seeing your dh pic, that he is hot & a cutie-pie Girls, U both have such Wonderful lives I'm sorry that U both have felt sad/depressed lately; kiss your dh & 'make your Healthy menu's', Today is a beautiful New Day

I don't know If this will help anyone & I don't want to sound like a baby but, (1 wk ago I broke 2 toes when a hammer fell off the ladder on my foot & will rebreak if I'm active on my foot), I'm burning fat/cals off by exercising w hand-weights & walking on my mini-trampoline/rebounder, {I do this w fun tunes when I'm short on time or have a injury or just bored}. Ok I'm not trying to make excuses for eating bad.... but I know for me, when the weather is awful outside I'm tempted to eat more carbs & fats, like a bear eating for 'hibernation for the winter' I put the brakes on myself to Stop myself from 'Backsliding', when I see 'my contracts' I wrote to myself on my 'fridge' bathroom door & my '143 pounds' I wrote w lipstick {inside a heart} on my bathroom mirror years ago. I'm a southern type A personality, I gotta have fun being active or else I'll quit & I 'must' have Reminders to see to stay on track w myself or I'll mess-up & b fat again & regain that 30 pounds it took me those 11 months to lose. I gave away my size 12, 14, 16 clothes, I'll b naked if I backslide & gain my fat pounds back I'm not trying to annoy U. I really Just want U to know U CAN do this Long Term, I DID~ & I am Not backsliding regaining more than 1 to 4 pounds which is normally from salt snacking & pizza night & goes away from drinking lots of water.
    Got my hair done Tue. morning, the salon/spa owner did it, I trust her & said 'make me pretty'. She cut a short bob (1" below my chin), w long layers & seeing my hair roots r copper, she got rid of the dk blonde color I dyed it & she dyed it back to my natural light copper-penny hair. The last time my hair was short @ chin length I was a 2 yr old. I'm Irish/Scotch/French & had strawberry blonde hair child growing up & it's copper now. In a few weeks I'll post a pic after a light suntan, my hair has natural waves so the new cut will b fine & go back to the beach-waves, it grows 1"-2" a month. My dh doesn't like it short, but likes my natural hair color back. Lunch today: spaghetti salad w double veggies tossed in. My snack: Yonnana ice cream made w mixed fruit, sprinkled w chopped nuts for my protein

Lyss, I told things some things I do to stay @ goal, please tell us how U r losing your weight/fat.... U look soo great

LeeAnne, Mel, & everyone else, We Miss U
  • Morning everyone ...not much to say, still off the wagon but gonna maybe detox this weekend and get my butt in gear ...I did get a new car last night so no more worrying about the problems with the old one ( well it wasn't old, 2011, but you know what I mean ), and the stress...

Tori - I was SO mad when I read that story...were they speaking spanish? I know spanish and I have caught men doing that to me before...I once told a guy that you never know who can speak or understand a language so watch yourself...like he cared ...I have to tell you that the first thing I thought when you first started posting here is how cute and pretty you were ..so don't you DARE believe what they said ...they are SO off ....I once had an old man call me a "fat peice of sh*t" and stupidly I let it bother me for weeks...but I realized he was the peice of sh*t and I needed to forget about it and move on ....and you do too ...they are idiots !!

Dee - Sorry to hear about your toes, ouch ....I have broken my foot before and I know it hurt really badly ...hugs...thanks for missing me. Can't wait to see your hair, I love short bobs, but with my face being so round they don't look good on me...plus my hair is pretty thin from my hormonal issues so I am kind of limited on what I can do with it.

Everybody have a GREAT holiday weekend...I so need the three days off to recoup....I actually wasn't posting because I had some bad vertigo caused by dehydration from a med...I'm still trying to get my body back in line from that...it's awful ....

See ya
  • Hi Everyone. Beautiful day here in Ohio today. Blue sky, sun, and it's not to cold or to hot. It's my kind of day. (and I think Carri's too!)

I am with Carri..I'm detoxing and getting back on this wagon...I think that Tori is hoping on too?

I swear this is what alcholics go through trying to stay on the wagon.
    In fact I was thinking of using the chip system they use for days/years sober for myself and do it for consistant weeks of losses or no gains. Sort of a reminder to myself. I'm visual so I think it would help me. I have a friend who has been sober for 24 years and she carries that chip with her EVERY day.

Dee: I can't wait to see you hair! and I'm sorry to hear about your toes...ouch!!

Did you watch the finale of Nashville? I can't wait for next season!
    I will be watching the Batchelorette when it starts on Monday. Will you?

Carri: What new car did you get? I'm with you in this detox so please, come and post daily--if your vertigo is gone...that had to be awful!

We have to take out kitty to the vet tomorrow. He has been having issues with one ear. It bleeds off and on. We have cured the mites and the yeast but it is still bleeding so in the morning they are putting him out to take a look at it. If you will say a prayer or think a good thought for our kitty, I would appreciate it. We love him like a kid. and my husband has been crying about it all week as he is afraid there is something really wrong and he LOVES this cat. Hudda Budda, DH and I would appreicate your prayers and kind thoughts.
  • Hello. We have such a beautiful weekend here in Ohio. Not to hot, a lot of sunshine. We have a cookout to go to later tonight. I'm looking forward to just relaxing with friends.

Update on our kitty. They didn't see anything in his ear other than what they think is a nerve and it looked infected. When it is touched it bleeds.

The next course of action is to give him a steriod shot--in two weeks. We have to wait because they gave him his shots yesterday and didn't think about they couldn't do a steriod then.

About 5 days after the steriod they are going to put him out again and biopsy it and see what that says and then they might have to refer us to a specialist.

It is a bit depressing. He has a cone on and it drives him crazy. I think if I can keep him from scratching his ear for the next 10 to 14 days it might stop bleeding.

Have a great day everyone.
  • It sure is quiet here!

How is everyone doing? We had a very nice relaxing cookout with some friends of ours last night. Watched the Die Hard 3 movie that will be coming out on DVD soon. Our friend has access to DVD releases about a week before they are sold to the public.

This is movie weekend for us. We watched, in the comfort of our home "Flight" with Denzal Washington on Saturday night--GREAT movie! Today we are going to see "Fast and Furious".

We also plan to stop at our favorite custard stand and get some frozen custard to kick off summer...and then tonight, I am going to take a walk in the neighborhood--and try to get my DH to go with me, but if not I'm going without him.

I'm kicking off my personal Summer Challenge 2013 today. My plan is to lose 25 lbs between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Does anyone want to join me?

Have a great day everyone. I'm going to wear white sandles today..because it is the "unofficial" start to Summer and I'm old school and only wear white shoes and white pants, shorts, skirts and dresses Memorial Day through Labor Day.

I'll be watching The Batchelorette tonight. Is anyone else going to be watching?
  • Happy Memorial Day!

We have been camping all weekend and got back yesterday afternoon. I did really well eating wise, did have to have one smore though.

We had really nice weather and hated to leave. Hoping we can get back soon. The kids just love being outside all day.

I was hoping to come back and see a loss on the scale and be at the 100lb loss mark, but nope, remained the same. Oh well, I'll get there soon enough.

Just stopped in for a quick note, have to get out and do some yardwork!

Have a wonderful day!