Reached goal...been in maintenance...need a short reboot... anyone else?

You're on Page 35 of 35
Go to
  • I am interested in both of your plans too! Are you planning on going completely off or sticking to the rules in maintenance?
  • Quote: I am interested in both of your plans too! Are you planning on going completely off or sticking to the rules in maintenance?
    I was planning on Phasing off the IP way and trying PHASE maintenance.....I want to stick to low carb as a lifestyle, looking into some low carb bread options. I wanted KNM to share her phase off plan because lase time I phased off, I gained quickly and nothing fit right
  • Quote: KNM,

I plan on staying on P1 until April 12th as well. I currently dont have a plan for phasing off. Whats your plan if you dont mind sharing? What worked last time you phased off. I think you have a good plan and I agree that I need to get off IP for the summer as well

Hey Lexi,
    I need to talk to my coach about it tomorrow when I go see her. April 20th I have a fondue night and would really like to partake in it. I was originally planning to start Phase 3 April 13th and follow it for the mandatory 2 weeks. I'm wondering how terrible it would be to have a cheat day a week into it though, and then if I should follow it by a P1 day, or just continue on with P3 the following day... not sure. Also, wondering since I've already gone through the phase off twice in the past two months if maybe my body doesn't need the full 2 weeks of P3? Ahh, the more I talk about it the more questions I have! Haha.

If anyone has any advice or suggestions I'd really appreciate it!

These next 12 days I do plan to do a combination of P1 and P2 just based on whatever works for me that day. My weight loss hasn't significantly decreased when I've been on P2 in the past, so not too concerned about that.
  • As for my phase off plan, I plan on sticking to maintenance, for the most part, but adjusting it slightly.
    Supper - I have learnt that I don't really miss carbs at supper (at least not potatoes or rice type thing), so as of now I'm thinking I probably won't add in the carb at supper, at least not Monday-Thursday type thing, on the weekends I might treat myself, or if I'm out for dinner I probably won't substitute the typical carb with extra veggies like I have been.
    Lunches - I'll probably have my typical salad with chicken and just add feta to it and indulge in some creamier dressings which I have been missing, and maybe add some avocado or nuts to the salad for some healthy fat.
    Breakfasts, I will play around with a bit. I do really enjoy P3 breakfasts, but if I find my daily calories are creeping up a bit too high I'll probably skim back a bit (probably don't need the grain every morning, or maybe add a tablespoon or two of granola to my yogurt, rather than a 1/3 cup). IP has these meal replacement drinks (already in Canada, not sure if they're in the States yet), but I might buy a pack of those for the first little bit, so for the mornings when I'm running late I can grab one of those. Once I get comfortable with that I'll venture out and try and do some research and find some alternative shakes that I could replace the IP meal replacements with, just to save some cash.
    Snacks - I really enjoy some of the IP products - strawberry wafers, pb crunch bars, dill pickle zippers - so I'm thinking I'll continue to buy those for the first little bit, again, just to gradually creep back into real food, and then find some off program snacks that fit a proper criteria that I can replace them with. I also plan and indulging in fruit big time, probably a late afternoon or after dinner snack to cure my sweet tooth.
    No idea if this will work, but thinking about it, this is what I plan on doing. I know when I did P3 the first time around I was adding and weighing and measuring everything. I'm sort of hoping I don't need to do that for maintenance, at least not as strictly. I will weigh myself daily and if I see the numbers creeping up I'll start tracking my meals to see where I need to adjust.
  • Quote: As for my phase off plan, I plan on sticking to maintenance, for the most part, but adjusting it slightly.
    Supper - I have learnt that I don't really miss carbs at supper (at least not potatoes or rice type thing), so as of now I'm thinking I probably won't add in the carb at supper, at least not Monday-Thursday type thing, on the weekends I might treat myself, or if I'm out for dinner I probably won't substitute the typical carb with extra veggies like I have been.
    Lunches - I'll probably have my typical salad with chicken and just add feta to it and indulge in some creamier dressings which I have been missing, and maybe add some avocado or nuts to the salad for some healthy fat.
    Breakfasts, I will play around with a bit. I do really enjoy P3 breakfasts, but if I find my daily calories are creeping up a bit too high I'll probably skim back a bit (probably don't need the grain every morning, or maybe add a tablespoon or two of granola to my yogurt, rather than a 1/3 cup). IP has these meal replacement drinks (already in Canada, not sure if they're in the States yet), but I might buy a pack of those for the first little bit, so for the mornings when I'm running late I can grab one of those. Once I get comfortable with that I'll venture out and try and do some research and find some alternative shakes that I could replace the IP meal replacements with, just to save some cash.
    Snacks - I really enjoy some of the IP products - strawberry wafers, pb crunch bars, dill pickle zippers - so I'm thinking I'll continue to buy those for the first little bit, again, just to gradually creep back into real food, and then find some off program snacks that fit a proper criteria that I can replace them with. I also plan and indulging in fruit big time, probably a late afternoon or after dinner snack to cure my sweet tooth.
    No idea if this will work, but thinking about it, this is what I plan on doing. I know when I did P3 the first time around I was adding and weighing and measuring everything. I'm sort of hoping I don't need to do that for maintenance, at least not as strictly. I will weigh myself daily and if I see the numbers creeping up I'll start tracking my meals to see where I need to adjust.
    Thank you for all the info. That sounds like a great plan. Your coach will probably be against a cheat meal in P3, HAHA. Please share your phase off plan after you meet with your coach, if you can, it would help me allot.
  • I think reevaluating your goal weight is a good thing. My weight fluctuates between 145 to 152. It is extremely difficult for me to hold the 145.

As I lift more weight and see physical changes happening I realize more and more that the fixation on the scale is counter productive. It is a good gauge, but definitely doesn't tell the whole story.

I also still struggle with poor body image...I can see all the spots I would still like to lose from, and they frustrate me.
  • Mom, you have very low bodyfat. I'm sure you look allot better than most of us you are also allot taller. I do not doubt you look beautiful. I'm a short little thing. My bodyfat is high and I weigh allot more than I should. I need to be around 105, I Have a tiny frame as well.
  • It definitely must be tough being smaller. Everything makes such a big difference.
    And having extra muscle does help.
    Interestingly, my dh weighs 100 pounds more than me and he eats pretty close to phase 1. He is losing very slowly now.
    Thanks Lexi.
  • Yea my dh is a big guy as well. But he isn't on a diet he eats allot and details me or tries to derail me all the time
  • Mine has too. The first year he completely ate whatever. After a year he looked at me and said "I'm in feed me". I try to, but booze is our shortfall.
    He lost 35 lbs pretty quick and loved it.. It's the now that's harder as I must be much more restrained.
  • being smaller is definitely difficult! 5lbs on someone my height looks like 10 lbs! Mom, I am sure you look AMAZING! You inspire me to start using more weights during my workouts! My husband did P1 with me when we first started. He has managed to keep the weight off despite how he eats now (which includes lots of carbs and beer).... LUCKY HIM!

• Ooops . . . this thread has passed the magic limit of 500 posts. Would some adventurous soul start a new thread?