300+ Chat Thread February, 2013

You're on Page 1 of 8
Go to
  • WELCOME!!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us!
  • sassyangies - it sounds like your scrap went really well and you had lots of fun! I use mustard as a dip for veggies as well! Love to try different sorts of mustards. I have a green peppercorn mustard and a mustard with champagne and dill and another with herbes de provence. Didn't you take today off too? Hope you have a great day!

My folks are home from South America. I went to have dinner with them last night. We had pizza. I told them not to get a separate pizza for me, (I don't eat the meat toppings they like), so I wouldn't have leftovers. They got the really good local stuff and it tasted great. Then we watched their pictures on the TV. They missed two ports they were to stop at because the winds were too high for the tenders and/or for the boat to dock at those places, but even so they still had great weather.

They had a good time, but said their cabin was super small. Dad said he liked Santiago, Chile better than Buenos Aries, Argentina - but both looked lovely.

Last night it snowed. Ugh. I walked on the treadmill, then got out and shoveled. Underneath the snow was a layer of very persistent ice.

Work is ordering pizza for lunch now, too, as the roads are bad. I'm skipping, I have some bean soup and veggies that I will have.
  • mnemosyne, sounds like you had a lovely evening with your parents! My boyfriend prefers his pizza meaty with extra cheese! Help. I normally would agree with that! But when we do order, and I cave into the ordering, I ask for a small thin crust with onions, peppers, sausage and easy cheese and sauce. My 5 year old helps me with that pizza, so I don't have to worry about eating too much of it. And it's delicious!

I'm trying to stay OP. I found out yesterday that since I'm in grad school and claimed my student loans on my taxes that the school form is one that the IRS is having difficulty processing, putting off acceptance of filing status until mid-Feb. So that delays me getting my treadmill. Oh well, it will happen.

We are mourning our lovely dog, Jazzie. We had to put her to sleep last night. She was 14 years old and went into heart failure. So we're still pretty sad about that.
  • Yes Mnem I took today off too. I stayed up super late last night watching TV and scrapping so I'm barely up now. Another pound down today so Im happy about that. Hopefully it will stay off for tomorrows weigh in and more for Mondays weigh in with my family weight loss.
    I'm kinda mad at my sister right now. I started this weight loss challenge for my family and I so we could encourage each other and help eachother through this. Well, my little sister doesn't weigh in doesn't talk about it. I asked her if she wants to do this, but she doesn't give me a straight answer. WE all live in seperate states other than my Mom and I so it can be hard, but it's not that hard to go online and say Sis that's a great job losing that weight. Even though I'm the only one that's losin weight I still encourage them. It's just upsetting. I know they are probably not ready to lose the weight, but then don't sign up. Or at least encourage the one that is losing..
    Ok my rant is over. I cannot let my family get in my way of me losing this weight.
    Happy February everyone!!! I hope I have another good month!! Happy Losing!!
  • Quote:
    =I'm trying to stay OP. I found out yesterday that since I'm in grad school and claimed my student loans on my taxes that the school form is one that the IRS is having difficulty processing, putting off acceptance of filing status until mid-Feb. So that delays me getting my treadmill. Oh well, it will happen.

We are mourning our lovely dog, Jazzie. We had to put her to sleep last night. She was 14 years old and went into heart failure. So we're still pretty sad about that.
    Sorry abour your Doggy!
  • ... KERRI ~ praying for comfort and peace at this time. Our little furry babies passed at 14 y/o and 15.5 y/o respectively. You know they are old but it is so hard to lose them as they are like children to us. We now have a new 5 y/o furry baby and he brings lots of peace & joy & love into our lives too!

Hope everyone has a marvellously successful month of FEBRUARY ...
  • Quote:
    So sorry about your doggy. She lived a happy life with your family and you can take comfort in that.
  • Oh, Kerri - that is so sad. I hope that you and your family are doing well and that you can remember more of the joy than the sorrow. I will be thinking of you!
  • kerri- sorry for your loss.

I am doing pretty good. GOtta get with it hard but not sure how Im going to do it yet. I really need to lose 10lbs this month.
    Looks like we are in for some decent weather so I will try and get out and walk as much as possible. Maybe a walk before dinner each evening. Cant wait till after because it will be dark.
  • Hi ladies.. I am so excited today because it's my weigh in and not only did I lose 6 pounds this week, but I'm officially in the 280's. yay...I almost cried when I got on the scale. That's a total of 21 pounds since January 1st.

Dgramie, your doing so great I know you can lose 10 pounds this month. The wheather here is getting really nice too. It's in the 70's and and 40's at night. I'm loving it. Nice park wheather for my son..
  • SASSY ~ congrats on getting into the 280's; that's a great milestone. Losing 21 lbs since the beginning of the year is fabulous as well. Don't blame you for being so happy about that ...

dGRAMIE ~ we're pulling for you on the next 10 lbs ....

I am focusing on my snacking right now for my maintenance since my meals have been really good. Snacking has always been my biggest issue, so will be working on that this month. Picked up some more fruit and some UNsalted nuts for my snacks this week.

You are lucky that the weather is so good that you can go out for walks at this time of year. It is colder here than normal and we had more ***** fall last night, but I am still doing my walking rounds indoors here. This house is huge and you can go around the entire kitchen in a large circle (the kitchen itself is 5-sided like a quasi-circle). I make a point of walking the perimeter several + times a day (as many as I can).

Hope you all have a wonderful OP weekend ...
  • After weeks of maintaining, I am down 2 lbs this week! I am one pound away from hitting my first goal of losing 50 lbs, so that is pretty exciting.

kerri - I'm so sorry about your dog too. That is always tough. Hang in there.

dgramie - I think that's a great goal for the month and we're all rooting for you! I have been walking a lot more too. It's definitely going to be easier when the weather improves. Still snowing here and I can't wait for spring.

sassy - Congratulations!! Wow, that's so great and inspiring.

2Bhealthy - Snacking is a big challenge for me too. I've started bringing carrot sticks, hummus, and apples to the office so that I always have a healthy snack to eat when people start bringing in trays of cookies and other treats. Unsalted nuts sound like a good choice too. I hope this month ends up being great for you.
  • so much for walking today outside. We had a light snowfall overnight. lol

I did horrible when hubby and i ate out yesterday. Today is a new day and I will try and regain my focus.
  • Hey ladies. Glad my short work week is over. It was so slow last night because of the game we were so borred. I thought the night was never going to end. My guys got back home Saturday I missed them so much but the house is allready a mess.

I haven't started working out yet, but I know that I should. I so despise working out I used to do water aerobics, but it kills my hair and makes me smell like chlorine all day and I hate that. I don't know I should start doing something though.

Dgramie, don't worry your allowed to do that once in awhile. Sometimes it feels good to just go out and order what you want and not worry. I don't think I will ever miss that. This is the first time EVER that I've been OP for this long of a stretch but it is still so freakin hard to say no sometimes to the food that I want. I know it's going to be a lifelong battle. You can do this!!

Mapeleaf good for you for the 2 pounds. I bet your really itching to get to that milestone. That's a big one and I think you are inspiring. Good luck!

Justwanttobeheatlhy, that's a great idea. If your house is huge enough you might as well, put on your headphones or some music and just start walking. My house is so small that would never work, I could in my backyard though..lol.. Good for you and good luck on the snacking. That's a hard one to conquer.
  • Hi ladies!

Well, I made my 30 days cheat free.... and then promptly cheated. I ate a 500 calorie slice of cheesecake yesterday! Oh well. back on the wagon today. I had a major sodium gain over the weekend because I went for a massage at the spa and didn't hydrate well, then ate out. Hoping to get back in the groove and hit my 100 pounds this week.

Kerri I'm so sorry. I know how hard that is. Hang in there

Sassy That's amazing progress for the month! I'd cry too! Yay!!!!

My boyfriend's uncle (who I've actually known much longer than my boyfriend - he was a client at my dad's vet practice), had a heart attack yesterday and I'm waiting for word on his condition. My in laws just left for New Orleans and I'm sure my mother in law is freaking right out about not being there for her sister. And of course I'm thinking about my dad, who I lost when I was 20, and how every one connected with him is getting old and sick and dying, which is making me teary.... I know, I know, stay positive!