Weight in morning vs night

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I've been obsessing with my weight the last few days and have been weighing myself first thing in the morning and then also in the evening. I have noticed that the weight does not change. Is that normal? I thought you were supposed To weigh a bit more at the end of the day from eating and drinking water. Am I wrong? I am going nuts.. Wondering if my scale is not accurate!?

Anybody else have this experience? I know that everyone is different but this seems odd to me.
  • I weigh obsessively also. I always seem to weigh 2 pounds more at night. I cant imaginej not losing any weight between night and morning. I am assuming that your drinking enough?
  • Oh, I have. Sometimes I actually weigh LESS at night than in the morning (like this week for example). I find it sometimes has to do with what I've eaten all day and sometimes with water fluctuations (either I'm dehydrated or it's in conjunction with my monthly cycles). And sometimes i do weigh more at night. I'm all over the place!

Maybe you're not drinking enough water? I wouldn't stress about it.
  • I do this sometimes and occasionally I don't weigh more at night than I did that morning but it's pretty rare. Usually it would be on a day where I ate light and didn't drink very much water....as well as using the little girls room between weighing in the morning and at night if you know what I mean
  • I always weigh myself in the morning and track that number, however I have gotten into the habit of checking at night just to see where I'm at and to give me an idea of where I'll be in the morning. I lose anywhere from .5-1 kg which is 1.1-2.2 pounds.

When do you usually eat last? If it's way before you go to bed it may make sense for you to weigh the same, especially if you've used the bathroom after eating.
  • I can usually count on a 2lb difference between morning/night weigh ins
  • The more I weigh myself, the more anxious I get and the more obsessive I get. I know it seems extreme but the stress can actually cause your body to not lose weight (might not be the case for you but it happens to some).

And...when I weigh at night, I never know if my body is done processing dinner, the cup of tea I had, the 32 oz. of water I had working out.

Now I try to stick to mornings as I have an empty stomach and haven't had water or food for about 8 hours or more.
  • I am pretty obsessive about weighing myself too. I always track my weight from my morning weigh in. But i often step on the scale multiple times through out the day, just to gage how the day is going.
    If i have bad food i will weigh a couple hours later to see how bad it effected me.(Which in reality it doesn't show and in the morning i am usually fine)
    But my weight is always the lowest in the morning.
  • I drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water a day, usually more like 12. I eat dinner around 6 and don't eat again for the rest of the night. It's bizarre, but I think my scale is a little crazy it never gives me accurate readings. I tried buying a new one but it does the same thing so perhaps there is some sort of a scale conspiracy working against me!
  • Some times I'm up, sometimes I'm down, I actually try only check in the mornings and I have made Friday my "official weigh in day" so it doesn't matter what else happens during the week as long as I weigh less then I did last Friday I am happy. Admittedly I do cheat a bit andIsometimes check as I'm going but I try not to because I tend to get worried when the number goes up.

So no matter what you do your number doesn't change?
  • Well it stayed the same day and night for about 3 and a half weeks. Then all of the sudden this past weekend I was down 5 lb.. Then it just went right back and has been the same day and night all week until this morning I seemed to be down two again lol. I didn't weigh again tonight because I need to stop putting so much energy into worrying about that number. I recorded this morning because Wednesdays are my official weigh in and I was down two so I guess that's what counts!
  • If you're not eating past 6pm that could have something to do with it!
  • I weigh myself once a week...don't obsess with the scale...also...I've always heard the morning is the best time to weigh yourself
  • I go up 2 pounds at night, if it's more I know i've gained.
  • I do the morning and evening weighing too. If my before bed weight is the same as the morning it means I will have lost something for my weigh in the next morning, but if if I weigh 1 - 1.5 lbs heavier before bed it means the next morning I'll weigh the same as the previous morning. Confused yet? lol It's nice to know how to read my weight fluctuations though.