New girl on the block

• So I've been lurking for the last week or two, just made my first reply the other day... so i figured i'd introduce myself since I plan on sticking around!

I'm 30, not married (am in a relationship), no kids but we do have 2 dogs (Sophie and Wave) and 2 ferrets (Puck and Loki)!
    I work full time as a secretary at a hospital.

I had actually started my weight loss journey in February last year, but in July (after losing 30 lbs) I hurt my back/neck. Since then my life has been so sedentary only doing physical therapy I gained it all back

Finally feeling a little, so now onward and forward I go!

My plan to go from 209# which is what I was a week ago (now 206.4) to 130's. I am calorie counting, and starting back at the gym. I even got a personal trainer for 2 days a week start with her on monday! Can't wait.

The second part of my goal is to be able to run a 5k. I don't have to be the fastest runner, but I want to RUN the whole thing. My boyfriend does 5k's he even did his first 1/2 marathon this past summer. He totally impresses me considering he broke his neck 5 years ago!

• That stinks to do all that work to lose 30 pounds just to gain it back from an injury. Glad you're better now though and able to dust yourself off and get right back into being healthier!
  • welcome and good luck on your journey!!!!
  • Thanks to both of you! I know the weight gain was partially my fault, because it just seemed that when I got hurt and couldn't work out anymore my eating habits began to fail. Live and learn!
  • Welcome!