I'm a nerd- and this is why.

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Well, now that I have my signature- I have added some mini-goals. Thank you, Belinda for the inspiration! I hope you don't mind that I borrowed your formatting! I thought it was perfect!

Thinking about my mini-goals- I got sad thinking I wouldn't get a keychain for my 10% weight loss. That was SOOO motivating to me when I was in Weight Watchers. I was just dying for that keychain (Never got any charms).

So what did I do? I bought a set online! LOL! I'm a nerd.

Have you ever done anything "nerdy" during your weight loss journey?
  • P.S. I'm so excited for the keychain! It is coming with the following:
    10% Keychain
    16 weeks charm
    25 lb charm
    50 lb charm
    75 lb charm
    100 lb charm
    Silver Star Charm
    5K Charm
    Lifetime key charm
  • Love it! Which site did you get it? I was wanting to buy a butterfly charm for my Pandora bracelet. Sort of like being set free from this "fat prison".
  • Hey that's awesome! Congrats on the accomplishment!

I think the nerdiest things I did were cosplay again: I dressed as Carmen Sandiego, Kyle as the Human Kite from South Park, and Sailor Jupiter.
  • Awesome!
  • Well, when I get to 100 pounds lost (Again) I want to have stitched/ironed on to my fitness clothes a little thing that says 100 club or 100 gone forever or something along those lines - small - like on the shoulder, but I want it to be there to remind me and get others curious!
  • I love all of your ideas especially yours, Melissa! I definitely want to do that on a sweater or a t-shirt. That may be the push I need to keep going. Thank you.
  • You are so not a nerd, lunarsongbird! Don't even say that! I find it very comforting to have reminders of our accomplishments whether public or private.
  • I bought the set on ebay.

Oh- And I'm totally a nerd. HAHA. I love geocaching. I know who Sailor Jupiter is and I had a level 81 character in World of Warcraft. Hehe.
  • Quote: Oh- And I'm totally a nerd. HAHA. I love geocaching. I know who Sailor Jupiter is and I had a level 81 character in World of Warcraft. Hehe.
    Ok....maybe you ARE a nerd. But we love you anyways!
  • Quote: I bought the set on ebay.

Oh- And I'm totally a nerd. HAHA. I love geocaching. I know who Sailor Jupiter is and I had a level 81 character in World of Warcraft. Hehe.
    I reached lvl 90 on my WOW toon so you are most definitely NOT a nerd. even if you are, so what? Hehe. I wanna try geocaching sometime but I can't find anyone who wants to do it with me, lol.
  • re:
    Quote:
    I reached lvl 90 on my WOW toon so you are most definitely NOT a nerd
    Honey, I have lvl 90 on 3 of them at this point and the rest slots are filled with 80's and 1 70. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
  • Did I forget to mention that I use the word nerd as a term of endearment.
  • Its an awesome idea! I LOVE GAMIFACTION!

I see your "MMO nerd" and raise you a "D&D/LARP nerd." Yep, Ive DM'd many a uber geeky campaign surrounded by cheesy poofs and diet mountain dew. Umm.. cheesy poofs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54VJWHL2K3I
  • ok, whats geochaching? I've got a drooling baby sleeping on my chest so googling wildly to find out is kinda out, I'm on a tiny netbook, so it's usually impossible to find informative site's I can read about unknown things.