I finally quit smoking!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • So that basically sums it up. There's a couple downsides...like...I've gained ten pounds and the smoker's cough has prevented me from working out. (not to mention the fatigue of initially quitting, I could barely get out of bed) but I'm feeling confident that even though I had to go backwards in my weight loss a little bit, quitting smoking will help me in the long run be healthy and have more efficient workouts since I'll be able to breathe.

2.5 years ago I lost 30 lbs in about 6 weeks, and since then I have gained now almost 60. I need this OFF once and for all. Frustrating, but I'll take all of the little victories for now (like the no smoking)
  • Good for you! It is crazy how much easier exercise is once you've quit smoking for a while and all that crap is out of your lungs. I'm thinner now than I ever was as a smoker. And more importantly I feel so much better (and a side benefit: my skin looks AMAZING now!).

Quitting smoking was one of the smartest things I ever did for my weight loss.
  • That is awesome! Quitting smoking is the best thing you can do! I have been quit for about 2 years now and I love it. Most of my friends are quit now but there are a few that can't hack it. I am not sure how much I put on but I had enough extra already it didn't make a huge difference. lol

Take all the victories you can get and enjoy your new tobacco free life!
  • Congratulations! You won't regret it!
  • That's really amazing! Congrats! Your body will eventually thank you.
  • Thanks guys, it's only been a week but I went my first full 24 hours without a craving. But I deff can't stop eating, I'm just going to have to deal with that for now.
  • Good for you!!!
  • Not any easy accomplishment, for sure!
  • Congratulations! Way to go! Quitting is one of the best things you can do for your health and I'm sure you're already feeling much better.
  • I'm really lucky in that when I quit smoking I lose weight because I feel better and am more active. :-) I've been quit again for about 4 weeks and the weight is coming down.
  • Congratulations! I stopped smoking tobacco cigs in July (I use an e-cig) and being able to run without coughing is such a great feeling.

My downstairs neighbor's smoker cough is so bad I can hear her gagging and throwing up some mornings when I'm in the bathroom - don't go back!
  • That's great! I quit last year myself, and my husband quit a few months after me We made a promise that we would be done forever before our daughter's first birthday. I stopped a few months before and he stopped about a week before and we haven't gone back since
  • Hey me too!!! I haven't had a cigarette in 3 days, 11 hours, and 49 minutes. Congrats to you!!
  • Way to go, girlfriend! I'm still trying to quit, though no luck. Smoking and exercise clearly do not go together. Hopefully I can quit and conquer it like you have!

Keep up the amazing work!
  • I really does get a little easier every day. I'm just allowing myself some time to focus on nothing else...not going to try to change my eating habits drastically while I'm stressing about this. But today was a pretty good day! I had a stressful day and had the itch a few times but DID NOT CAVE haha. I made sure to not bring my wallet with me to school...if I had I may have bought a pack :/ not sure.