160's Part II

You're on Page 2 of 12
Go to
  • beach - woohoo for progress!!! Nice going!
    shrinkberry - yay for whooshes! Those NSVs related to clothes are so fun - glad you're enjoying them!

Still no progress here but it will happen eventually....
  • Finally stopped camping at 164 - so nice to see 163 on the scale this morning!

How are all of you doing?
  • Yay Dancer!! It feels good to see anything different after being at the same number for so long!

I'm sitting on 161. I think my pattern lately is to stay at one number and then jump all at once down 2lbs. It's like the weight has been going gradually, but my body is stubborn and won't let me have it on the scale - holds on to water or whatever. haha I don't know, but I'm going with the idea that I am making all the right choices so it has to move eventually. I WILL BE more stubborn than you, Mr. Scale!! <evil laugh>
  • TOM induced jump from 163 to 165.6 this morning. I know it is just water weight, but it still makes me feel gross. On the bright side, I'm down to a weight where I can notice a 2lb difference in the way I feel and how my clothes fit. I couldn't have said that six months ago.

Sounds like everyone else is doing great. Keep it up.
  • 160.4 this morning! Soooo close! It kills me when the scale flashes a number in the 150s before it settles at 160 something. I have renewed energy to stay on plan today with the 150s so close.

169 to 160 has meant going from a size 12 to a size 10, my shirts fit again and are longer and I feel lighter when I run. I can't wait to see what changes the 150s have for me??
  • Quote: 160.4 this morning! Soooo close! It kills me when the scale flashes a number in the 150s before it settles at 160 something. I have renewed energy to stay on plan today with the 150s so close.

169 to 160 has meant going from a size 12 to a size 10, my shirts fit again and are longer and I feel lighter when I run. I can't wait to see what changes the 150s have for me??

BB - you'll be in the 150s by next week! So happy for you.
  • Beach - way to go!!
  • Quote: TOM induced jump from 163 to 165.6 this morning. I know it is just water weight, but it still makes me feel gross. On the bright side, I'm down to a weight where I can notice a 2lb difference in the way I feel and how my clothes fit. I couldn't have said that six months ago.

Sounds like everyone else is doing great. Keep it up.
    FINALLY, dropped the TOM water weight and back to 162, which is about where I was this time last week. 2lbs to go.
  • Thanks! Today was another woosh down to 159.4!
    Shrink berry - you're so close! Very soon now!!
  • Quote: Thanks! Today was another woosh down to 159.4!
    Shrink berry - you're so close! Very soon now!!
    Congrats! You can join Fluffypuppy in the newly started 150s thread. Hope to be there soon. I was hoping to get there by Valentine's day, but that might be a stretch.

ETA: DancerinDenver - Have fun at the beach this weekend. I'm about to get snowed in where I live, so I'm very envious.
  • After all the snow in my neck of the woods (22 inches), I couldn't drive to the gym today but made up for it by shoveling my sidewalk and buried car. Then, went for a 5 mile walk across the river and through the city. I was a little cold and decided to jog the final 1.5-2 miles home. Running on partially plowed roads is a little like running in the sand. Really feeling it in my calves.

And I saw a brief flash of 159.8 when I stepped on the scale after my workout, although the scale settled at 160.2 and I'm a bit dehydrated after my day out in the snow. Hopefully sometime soon I will hit 159.8 for good.
  • Another workout away from the gym on Sunday. Went for a run outside, which took about twice as long as normal because of all the snow and finished up my workout by riding my bike on my trainer (lifts back wheel and adds resistance...pretty similar to riding outside but you don't go anywhere) and lifting a little. Weighed in at 158.0 this morning, but I'm not ready to declare entry into the 150s quite yet. The loss is likely mostly water weight from my active weekend dressed in probably too many layers.
  • Back from vacation and a bit of a maintenance break but amazingly have lost 2lbs (I was afraid to get on the scale for a while - I was so sure I'd be up at least 5lbs). At 161 and totally ready to make the move to the next decade!

Shrinkberry - sounds like you are doing great - way to blaze the trail!

How's everyone else doing?
  • Quote: Back from vacation and a bit of a maintenance break but amazingly have lost 2lbs (I was afraid to get on the scale for a while - I was so sure I'd be up at least 5lbs). At 161 and totally ready to make the move to the next decade!

Shrinkberry - sounds like you are doing great - way to blaze the trail!

How's everyone else doing?
    Welcome back and congrats on the 2lbs. Hope you had fun at the beach with your friends.

I think BeachBreeze actually blazed the trail to the 150s and I followed along a week or so later after an unexpected whoosh. Down to 158 despite having my first really tough week last week. Not sure what happened, but work stress was making me not want to work out or eat healthfully. Back on track, however, with no major damage done.

Our 150s thread is pretty quiet so you need to join us soon.
  • Yes!!! ^^^^ Come join us!