Egg white freebie

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I have been looking into the recepies and lots ask for egg whites but I don't wanna kill my protien on egg whites in a biscuit or pancakes par say -- my coach is on holidays for 3 weeks so I can't ask her =( but I have been reading here that egg whites are a freebie but I was told by my coach in the beg 2 eggs is your protien but that's not egg whites -
    Was just wondering what's correct and what others have been told?
  • I believe you can have two egg whites a day in addition to your normal protein (packet and whole protein).
  • Quote: I have been looking into the recepies and lots ask for egg whites but I don't wanna kill my protien on egg whites in a biscuit or pancakes par say -- my coach is on holidays for 3 weeks so I can't ask her =( but I have been reading here that egg whites are a freebie but I was told by my coach in the beg 2 eggs is your protien but that's not egg whites -
    Was just wondering what's correct and what others have been told?
    The newest sheet (June so not that new) says you can have 4 egg whites and 2 egg yolks. Most people find the 8 oz of meat at supper too much anyway, so having eggs or adding whites can give you some protein throughout the day if you need it.

I personally love to use my egg whites to turn the cereal into pancakes, or a shake into cookies. They're more filling to me, take me longer to eat, and a lot of the shakes and puddings taste gross to me as is. When I bake 'em into a muffin or something, I can enjoy them more.
  • 2 egg whites a day are freebies! I have fried egg whites every morning!
    the 4 egg whites plus 2 yolks equals the 8 oz of protein
  • The June 2012 Phase 1 IP sheet says 4 whole eggs plus 2 egg whites for your (dinner) protein serving.

Many people have been told by their coaches that an additional 2 egg whites/ day for recipes is acceptable.
  • I started ip back in August - glad to have found this forum it really helps soo much - thank you everyone it really help to know I love the ready made drinks since I can't down some other things glad to know I can use egg whites to spice them up
  • Quote: The June 2012 Phase 1 IP sheet says 4 whole eggs plus 2 egg whites for your (dinner) protein serving.

Many people have been told by their coaches that an additional 2 egg whites/ day for recipes is acceptable.
    These darn sheets! I actually went to my fridge and looked at my sheet, and it's circled in pen as my coach told me the "new news" and it ONLY said 2 whole eggs. I really thought it was 4 but second guessed myself till you confirmed it, so, as I've said before "Always listen to Scorbett -- or Lisa-- over me anyday!" Thanks for clarifying. Now I'm REALLY excited. Gonna have me one yummy omelette tomorrow (since DH ate my pancakes!Grrr)
  • Most recent Phase 1 sheet

http://www.idealtogo.com/Library/Fase%201%20-%20ITG.pdf
  • So it's would tech not be a freebie then? It would go towards the Protien -- my sheet only has 2 whole eggs as Protien -- so I guesse of I did half of a protein and half of the eggs it could work out-
  • Quote: So it's would tech not be a freebie then? It would go towards the Protien -- my sheet only has 2 whole eggs as Protien -- so I guesse of I did half of a protein and half of the eggs it could work out-
    2 egg whites can be used everyday for "free." Do not subtract from your dinner allowance.

If you decide you want scrambled eggs or a veggie omlet for dinner, it should contain 4 whole eggs and 2 egg whites to make up your 8 oz. protein for the day.

You must have an outdated sheet.
  • Quote: 2 egg whites can be used everyday for "free." Do not subtract from your dinner allowance.

If you decide you want scrambled eggs or a veggie omlet for dinner, it should contain 4 whole eggs and 2 egg whites to make up your 8 oz. protein for the day.

You must have an outdated sheet.
    Oh I get it now lol thanks =)
  • Quote: So it's would tech not be a freebie then? It would go towards the Protien -- my sheet only has 2 whole eggs as Protien -- so I guesse of I did half of a protein and half of the eggs it could work out-
    Check the sheet I posted. It is the most recent IP phase 1 sheet. Your coach may be using an old one (not all coaches stay up-to-date)

Dinner protein for eggs is FOUR whole eggs plus two egg whites (not just 2 eggs)

IN ADDITION
    Many here have found 2 egg whites for recipes is an appropriate freebie. NOT something that needs to be subtracted from dinner protein b/c egg whites are technically 0/0/0.

Extra CARBS matter a LOT more than the egg whites will.
  • I have a sheet where it still said 5-8oz but she crossed off that and put 8oz =) -- thanks everyone I'm excited now to go buy eggs whites .=)
  • Our coach gave me the "new" sheet last night but it said only 2 whole eggs and 4 egg whites. I love eggs and I am DEFINITELY using your phase 1 sheet!!
  • Quote: Check the sheet I posted. It is the most recent IP phase 1 sheet. Your coach may be using an old one (not all coaches stay up-to-date)

Dinner protein for eggs is FOUR whole eggs plus two egg whites (not just 2 eggs)
    This is the *correct* information. I had to give my coach the new sheet.