goal clothing now or later. 10- 15 pounds to go

• My stats now 5.3 1/2 160 wearing a tight 10 on average. My goal is a red line of 150 but really 145. My 12's are looking comical and my wardrobe is sparse. Would you all recommend waiting to purchase until I drop the last 10-15, or is it safe to pick up clothing on the tighter side now and shrink into. Would 10 pounds drop me to an 8 if I am a tight 10 now?

I have been trying to wait, but I want to take advantage of the end of winter sales. After 15 months of hand me downs, I am tired of I'll fitting clothing and want a real wardrobe.
  • I would wait, things that you buy now may not look as good or fit as good as you think they will when you make goal.
  • I'd wait, or just buy a few key articles of clothing that are on sale.
  • If u plan on wearing them now wait, if not shop places that have a 90 day return policy so if when u r ready u find they don't fit as expected, u can exchange and still have gotten the deals.
  • Get some things second hand to tide you over. No reason to be in clothes that make you feel bad, but you might not want to invest in a whole new wardrobe until you get a stable weight/size.
  • I'd wait. 10-15 lbs can make a big diff at your size
  • OK.....goodwill it is! Boo....
  • re:
    I've bought a couple of goal items on winter clearance. They were all under $10 though. Why not?! At best, they'll motivate you. At worst, you'll have to donate them.
  • Quote: I would wait, things that you buy now may not look as good or fit as good as you think they will when you make goal.
    This.

When you are at your goal weight, you want to have a wardrobe of things that fit just right and look great, not things that merely fit. I'd stick with Goodwill and clearance racks for now, and then at goal, you can start buying things you love that you will look great in for a long time.