lost 10 pounds and half a question

• Woo hoo..ive lost 10 pounds since Jan 2nd (I was 213 now im 203..my goal is 160) I was 219 before Christmas and got sick which took me down to 213..but I dont think I can count those pounds since I wasnt technically dieting then Im not very active, due to some medical issues(degenerative disk disease and MS).. is it possible to continue to lose weight without much form of exercise?(I have 2 friends though who had gastric bypass and are now so nice and slim and didnt do any exercise at all) I do walk a little bit when I take my kids to school, but I dont like to go to far from home..as I have balance issues and dizzy spells from the MS grrrrrrrr...any input or advice as to what I can do would be great...I can see 160 pounds in the horizon...43 lbs left to lose doesn't seem so far way
  • Congratulations!
  • Of course you can lose weight without exercise, I do not do much exercise myself due to an injury. My main exercise is walking. Do the best you can with diet and don't worry about the exercise, you don't want to take a chance on falling. Good luck.
  • Congrats on your loss.
    Yes you can lose weight with diet alone
  • Thanks everyone...and I apologize...it should be HAVE a question not half lol
  • Congrats! I myself find that I lose more weight when I'm exercising. 95% of my exercise is walking and the other free style weight lifting.
  • Quote: Woo hoo..ive lost 10 pounds since Jan 2nd (I was 213 now im 203..my goal is 160) I was 219 before Christmas and got sick which took me down to 213..but I dont think I can count those pounds since I wasnt technically dieting then Im not very active, due to some medical issues(degenerative disk disease and MS).. is it possible to continue to lose weight without much form of exercise?(I have 2 friends though who had gastric bypass and are now so nice and slim and didnt do any exercise at all) I do walk a little bit when I take my kids to school, but I dont like to go to far from home..as I have balance issues and dizzy spells from the MS grrrrrrrr...any input or advice as to what I can do would be great...I can see 160 pounds in the horizon...43 lbs left to lose doesn't seem so far way
    Congrats!
  • I agree. You can lose without exercise but it might be slower and you'll have to eat less. I am trying to lose without much exercise myself. The first twelve pounds were no problem but now it has slowed right down. I am thinking of adding something light like a resistance band.

Anyhow congrats on the first ten (count those initial sick pounds too! Celebrate every bit!)
  • Weight loss is weight loss, definitely count them! U can feel more proud saying u lost 16 lbs, u go girl!
  • Wtg!!!
  • Woo-Hoo!!