The 2013 Palace: Nurturing our royal selves

You're on Page 10 of 16
Go to
  • Thanks, Arabella, re the 129! Hoping to make that official tomorrow but honestly haven't been on scale for a number of days so don't know if I'm quite there officially yet.

Hope your performance went well and you did not have to work today.

I love Beanitos, haven't had any for a while, sort of replaced them with Mary's Gone Gluten Free Crackers, so yummy with Laughing Cow Light Cheese.

Arabella, congrats on the tops fitting also and that verge into "down a size" territory.

LOVE that territory! Woot!

I had a frankly awful day yesterday, which is a long story I am not going to share, lol, but really pleased to have stayed steady on calories and yesterday and today are in the 1600s.

Tomorrow is my first official Saturday weigh-in and sometimes I wonder why I get such a charge out of a thrilling weigh-in day saga lol. But I do hope it will be 129 or less!

Thinking fondly of all our friendly royals and wishing all royals well.

Toddling off to couch, been fixing computer most of the day.
  • Lol, well, some might say I am having another bad day but I don't see it that way (rhymes lol).

The weight, as I did NOT predict, popped up again & I gained 1.6 from the official weigh day last week (Thursday). So the unofficial 129 is history for a little bit, but not long.

The nice thing about this is I had an astounding inch loss in the nine days of an overall 2.75. Things are fitting right now that haven't fit for two years.

So am good and have reset my goals, realizing that 125 ISN'T the weight I want to settle down in for life. I want a loss to 120 and a wide range of what I find acceptible for my body's comfort of 120-129.

I WOULD LIKE to lose that 11.8 pounds to 120 OFFICIALLY (no more unofficial weight data in my queendom. It skews the elegance of the calculations) by or on June 22, 2013, the Saturday following the Summer Solstice.

So I created a new ticker and the beat goes on!

Hoppy Easter to all! Woot!
  • Hoppy Easter, royal friends! Woot!
  • Invoking my new favorite goddess of water, wells, transformations, Coventina & discussing with myself the frustrations latterly felt over stupid things, I decided to break my own rule this time and do YET ANOTHER OFFICIAL WEIGH-IN two days following the official weekly one. This is a departure from my principles but is in honor of flowing with change as water flows through the countryside (or so we always hope in Arizona) and it is in honor of Coventina and also the Gloriously Fun Spring Holiday Known as April Fool's Day.

BUT TIS NO JOKE, LOST .2 POUNDS AND SINCE THIS IS AN EXTRA BUT OFFICIAL WEIGH-IN, I CHANGED MY TICKER AND RECORDED THE WEIGHT EVERYWHERE I RECORD WEIGHT.

Needed that little boost.

Next official weigh-in is the regular Saturday one coming up at the end of this week.

• anagramredux-glad to hear you had a good day recently in which you felt the best you had in months. i know how those days can be few and far between. hope you have lots more of them. good for you for keeping up pt exercising. also understand about having to do them just to keep moving.

amarantha2-great pre-planning with having a protein shake with you in case needed. i used to carry a protein bar in my purse, which helped me to not stop at store instead for
    "emergency candy." i need to start doing that again, in fact.

huzzah on staying steady with calories when had an awful day recently! and on .2 down!

arabella-hope your performance went well, and things have settled down after your recent very long work hours. huzzah on verging in to "down a size" territory!

have been staying op with with food and exercising this past week. the scale sure isn't reflecting that, but at least i know i am doing my best again, and that part feels good. need to get out and about for some appointments and errands. thinking of all our dear royals, one and all.

• Lol, Wsw, I remember the days of "emergency candy" before I discovered protein shakes. I am reducing their use now but still depend on them for a protein boost. I am now making sure to use ones that are gluten free.

I am reading & enjoying the South Beach Diet Gluten Solution, which is much less fad diet & much more good explanation of gluten avoidance benefits.

Have to sleep now, royal ones.
  • Ahoy all royals, would love to share that her royal self has finally hit the 120s on the official weigh-in day. There will be no going back as Am the Queen, Empress & CEO of her own world is weary of the 130s! There will be no rebound this week!
  • Hmmm, just a fly-bye, apropos of nothing! Woot! Hope all royals are well.
  • congratulations, empress!!!! what wonderful royal news that you hit the 120s on your official weigh-in day!! woot! all your contsant hard work sure is paying off.

i had a very long, busy day, so am a bit bleary-eyed, but wanted to check in at least. a little bit higher cal count today than i needed, but not terrible either. really have been staying on track food and exercise-wise, quite well for most part. pollen is getting to me big time, plus lots of wasps flying around outside and am hoping not to have get too up close and personal with one. well, i am going to take an antihistamine, and curl up on the royal couch. greetings to all dear queenlies. take care, all.
  • Woot, thank you kindly for the congrats, Wsw!!!! T'is great to see ye! Congrats on staying on track with food & exercise! Hope the pollen stops bothering you soon.

I've been trekking through a royal rough patch in some ways but also am on track food & exercise wise. Just took an extra (safe) walk in the lovely night & it really increased my daily step count & helped my head as well.

Hope all royals near & far, have a good weekend.
  • Huzzah all royals! Ended eating day at 1250!

Will be working a part-time job through the first week in May starting next week, then we will see. Determined to still get the steps in daily & stay on this lower calorie cycle.

Will be back with quick post about the weigh-in.
  • Well, okay, a royal "WOOT!" arises from Am2, Empress/Queen/CEO of Her Universe! She DID this morning stroll on down to the Sacred Grotto o' the Golden Scale o' Dietary Justice & DID, accompanied by her friends Diet Wise Woman & the Exercise Elf & some others, hop on the machine and it did vouchsafe to her the WAY HAPPY NUMBER o' 126.4, which beith a nice loss o' 3.4 pounds, well within her stated legal range o' weight from 120-129. She is not even THINKING about gaining any of that back next week but if she does she'll still be in the range. Meanwhile the initiative goes on to actually REACH 120.

'Bout covers it!
  • congrats on that marvelous weight loss, empress!!! royal woot woot!!! you are doing so great, and you are truly inspiring me.

wishing you well on part-time job you will be starting next week!

op food and exercise-wise. the pollen here is still very intense, and everything outside is just pretty much covered in green, so all my exercise needs to stay only indoors for a while. my condo still has not sold and that is giving me a big headache. theoretically, now there are a couple people interested but nothing in writing, so not too hopeful yet at this point. well, need to get moving and take care of a few things. hope a good weekend is being had by one and all.

• Thanks for the congrats, Wsw! Much appreciated!

Sending good condo selling vibes your way as well as pollen cessation vibes. I used to have a lot of such allergies (lots of flora here in AZ thus time of year). Oddly, going wheat free has helped. Strange.

I am working this week, a lot of my online friends & also neighbors here at home can't tell I am working because I do so much of it from my office lol. Meetings & driving begin soon.

This should run to the first week in May, then I don't know.

I'm good, whatever.

Hope every royal is well.

So sad for Boston.
  • i, too, am sad for boston.

hope work is going well, am2.

no cessation in pollen here yet. am sticking to food and exercise plan. thinking of all our royals, near and far.