Let's get back to chatting and supporting each other

You're on Page 3 of 17
Go to
  • Well, I'm down 2 from the Take Off. I was hoping for more, but I will admit that I didn't drink nearly enough water. I can't wait for it to warm up.
  • yay!! That's great! Was it easier than the FF or more difficult since you get less food?
  • I think it was a little bit easier to do the Take Off since you have the bars to look forward to. Each day, I got an 8 oz piece of steak (to account for shrinkage) and cut it into thirds. One piece I butterflied so it would look bigger, and the other two I sliced for stir fry. I cut up garlic, green onions, jalapeno and regular peppers and sometimes threw in some bean sprouts to make two oz of meat into a large stir-fry. If you brown the garlic first, the dish tastes "salty" without any added salt. I used a little bit of light salt and some pepper to season. I know bean sprouts aren't on the list, but they are basically water so I just added them for a little volume. I would have my two ounce butterflied steak with a salad for dinner. It always helps when you can fool yourself into thinking you're eating more food than you really are.
  • I have stayed in the 183 zone for the past couple of days. I'm totally ok with that as I am sick AGAIN or still. However you look at it. Going back to the doc on Wed. I think it must be pneumonia not bronchitis. I have uncontrollable coughing. And the heaviness I feel in my chest is similar to what I had back a few years ago when i had pneumonia. If I go back on antibiotics I will have to be patient as I usually gain a couple of lbs.
  • Difference between Greek and regular yogurt.
    It says that Greek yogurt is. Protein exchange but regular yogurt is a dairy. Does anyone know why and if it is much of a difference?
  • Feel better
  • Dee, I hope you're on the mend. I felt just like that in December. I waited too long to go to the doctor because I was "too busy." I was just about to have pneumonia.

Lovegoldens, I am guessing the Greek yogurt is considered a protein because of the extra protein content. I don't have a container in the house, but I think the Greek yogurt has about 20 grams of protein per cup.
  • What is the diet program that requires a certain salt daily???
    Does anyone know what diet program it is that requires a certain amount of some perticular salt, like mortans iodized salt or something like that in its program???? my friend did this years ago, and lost 100lbs, i cant remember what program she did, but i remember this tiny, crazy detail!?!?!?!? help please?!?!!?
  • You might actually be talking about LA Weight Loss. You use Morton Lite Salt, which is a half sodium-half potassium product. Not to be confused with the yucky fake salt also marketed by Morton. The lite salt is in a robin's egg blue container, and the fake salt is in a dark navy blue container, if my memory serves me. The LA Weight Loss program has reduced salt and a lot of water to be consumed, but it does help you get rid of puffiness as well as weight.
  • Thank you! yes, that was it. Mortons lite salt. I have been reading and it all seems very confusing with which plan color for who.... i am going to keep looking for the booklet she gave me, it seemed so simple! thanks!
  • It's easy enough to get a whole book or computer CD from Ebay with all of the colored plans on it.

I bought that a couple of years ago, and recently bought the modern LAWL numbered plans, which I am using now. I think you lose faster on the colored plans, but the numbered plans have more flexibility and I have enjoyed the foods I've been eating.

You can also get a starter LAWL kit with the numbered plans at Costco.com. They recently had a sale, but even though the price has gone up to $199 again, it is still cheaper than the LAWL website. The starter kit gets you the plan, two bottles of Take Off juice, eight boxes of LA Lites protein bars and some other stuff that you probably don't need.

It took me forever to find a copy of the numbered plans on Ebay, but I do like them.
  • Thanks!
    Thanks! I will check on ebay for the colored plans
  • Hey guys...
    I used to post here a ton and lost about 40 lbs doing LAWL on here but gained it all back and then some when I got pregnant with twins and then of course the stress eating of raising them with very little help.

Hubby and I are doing DASH diet for weight loss now and it reminds me a lot of LAWL. I am pulling out some of my old tricks. Has anyone tried it? I haven't weighed myself but hubby's lost at least 10 lbs (he didn't weight until a week in or so) and I am not weighing myself this time but I can tell a big difference in my pants already. It was just too overwhelming to weigh myself knowing what size I was in, so I decided since I have fat pants all the way down to skinnyI will just try to guage by how my clothes are fitting and hopefully hubby's lbs lost will mostivate me since we are doing the same thing.
  • Dairy, I am a lot like you. I decided I would not run to the scale every day, or even every week. The LAWL program is the way you should be eating anyway, so I don't want to psyche myself into quitting if I don't lose weight as quickly as I'd like.

My pants are getting a bit looser, too. I will only weigh after each "Take Off" period.

I loved LAWL when we had a center ten miles away. I would still be at a healthy weight if they had stayed in business.

I am following the new numbered plans, and even though the weight loss is not as quick, it is the type of plan you can easily stay on for the rest of your life.
  • Hey all, I'm still around. Went back to the doc....complained that I have been sick for almost 2 months. She doubled my inhaler dose. So far so good. She also told me to coast a bit on the diet for a couple of weeks. Thinking maybe it is adding to the stress on my body. I've been good. I lost another lb while coasting LOL. I'm down 6.5. My 2 week weigh in point is tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm hoping to be well enough for yoga on Sunday (fingers crossed)