What's For Dinner?

You're on Page 1 of 20
Go to
  • A spin off from Tenoreo's post.

I enjoy cooking and am always on the hunt for new and exciting ideas and inspiration so I'm always interested in seeing what other people are eating. While I do have a few "go-to's", our menu rotation is constantly changing because both my husband and I like variety and big flavors.

Share what's on your dinner table tonight and lets keep each other from falling in to the "same-old, same-old" routine!

Tonight we are trying EatingWell's Honey-Soy Broiled Salmon only we'll be grilling it outside instead of broiling it. Also serving it with EatingWell's Spinach Salad with Japanese Ginger Dressing. Haven't decided on a starch/grain yet.
  • A few servings of spaghetti with low calorie spaghetti sauce, some blocks (you know those tiny ones) of low fat cheese, 1 small green apple in slices, and some grapes. Calorie total: 800/1500 I don't eat much during the day (though I do eat) because I am a night time eater-I eat dinner around 6pm. P.S. Your's sounds YUM.
  • I am always having a huge iceberg salad, tomatoes and onions... And then depending how I feel I either put in some kidney beans, or chicken or tuna or mushrooms...
  • two small yukon gold potatoes that are roasted, two six oz bison sirloins, fresh green beans, fresh button mushrooms and 2tbs of light alouette garlic and herb cheese and a glass of white wine. It's most of my day at 821 calories, but I'm looking forward to my steak dangit!
  • spaghetti squash with homemade meat sauce & spinach salad.
  • chicken breast, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and peas with as little Soy Vet teriyaki sauce
  • Taco salad - ground 94percent lean turkey, iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, low fat shredded cheddar cheese and fat free 100 island dressing.
  • Homemade pizza with carmelized onions and mushrooms.
  • Homemade green detox soup.. (Spinach, broccoli, celery, parsnips, onion, fresh garlic and ginger. Over some quinoa.
  • a cup of veggie soup with 2 oz. of chicken breast tossed in.
    1/2 cup of green beans
    some steamed green peppers and broccili about 1 1/2 cups
  • Lean cuisine BBQ chicken pizza
  • Breakfast for dinner!

Waffles, sausage (links- just one for me), homemade roasted potatoes and fruit.
  • Hawaiian Chicken (Cooking Light recipe) with rice and a salad. I made up the marinade last night so it's been marinating all day.

The recipes all say things like "marinate for 4 hours". Like I'm free at 2:00pm to start marinating my dinner?

That Spinach salad with Japanese dressing sounds delicious--I'm going to have to try that!
  • I am a simple and boring cook. The husband just got a new job where he has to work second shift for a few weeks so it's just me for dinner

Two small corn tortillas with sauteed (olive oil) bell pepper/onion mix, black beans and guacamole. Also, a Japanese sweet potato with butter.

I am currently obsessed with avocado and sweet potatoes.
  • Sauce less pork ribs with a little pepper, steamed broccoli and green beans