What's For Dinner?

You're on Page 6 of 20
Go to
  • I had turkey vegetable soup with a side caesar salad
  • Quorn "Turk'y" burgers (these are really good! Made from fungus rather than soy), with rutabaga fries, a few regular frozen shoestring fries, baked, roasted broccoli, spinach salad, and a hearts of palm / avocado salad.

(Which is basically: 1 can hearts of palm; 1 avocado, both cut up, dressed with the juice of 1 lime and a handful of chopped cilantro.)
  • I had a small glass of red wine, an everything bagel thin with a little butter and a bowl of seafood soup (cod and shrimp in a tomato base with onions and roasted cauliflower). 100 cal bag of sea salt almonds for dessert.
  • 2 cups (80 calories a cup) of chicken enchilada soup
  • My go to easy fairly healthy meal. 4oz of Salmon, 1/2 cup brown rice and 2 cups steamed broccoli and a bit of Becel for 455 cals
  • Country style boneless ribs in stewed tomatoes and rotel spicy tomato sauce over brown rice with broccoli.
  • Dinner..
    Home made pizza. Mine has 1 oz cut up chicken, spinach, mushroom, roasted red pepper. 1/4c low fat mozzarella cheese, 1/8c feta cheese on a pita. Delicious! And only 470 calories
  • Grilled turkey sandwich on wholewheat bread with bacon, avocado and some chipotle mayonnaise with 1 serving of tomato basil chips. I totally forgot to add baby spinach to my sandwich but I think I will make that up with a spinach salad sometime later.
  • Salad: iceburg and romaine lettuce, raw cabbage, parsley, cucumbers, green onions, yellow peppers, carrots topped with a few olives and capers and a yogurt-based dressing.

Organic (locally made!) tofu-balls, with roasted broccoli and mashed root veggies (rutabaga, turnips, parsnips, potato) topped with caramelized onions + a small piece of toast.
  • Leftover day again but not enough to do anything with other than a lunch or two for Mr. PotScrubber. I've got some spinach that needs to be used up and I bought WAY too many mushrooms last week so I'm going to whip up a spinach and mushroom egg bake thingy with crusty bread and salad.
  • Quote: Leftover day again but not enough to do anything with other than a lunch or two for Mr. PotScrubber. I've got some spinach that needs to be used up and I bought WAY too many mushrooms last week so I'm going to whip up a spinach and mushroom egg bake thingy with crusty bread and salad.
    Change of plans. I get kind of skeeved out when mushrooms are added to eggs so I decided to saute' the shrooms, wilt the spinach and added fresh roasted red peppers that we did last night. Gonna turn those in to Veggie Quesadilla's.
  • Bowtie pasta with homemade veggie pasta sauce and turkey meatballs.
  • I had my spin on garlic shrimp: shrimp, chopped garlic,sliced carrots and onions. Baked sweet potato and sliced cucumber drizzled with nofat balsamic vinegar
  • Still have a ton of mushrooms to work through so I'm going to stuff them with a mixture using Morning Star Farms breakfast sausage and whatever else sounds good at the time. Salad on the side.
  • My absolute lazy-favourite, tuna salsa over boiled broccoli. So simple, but so gooood. Half a red pepper, sauteed in a bit of the tuna brine, add half a can of tuna, loads of garlic pepper, two tablespoons of salsa, half a tablespoon of tomato pesto, keep stirring to simmer until the peppers soften and some of the juices evaporate (not too dry!). Serve over plain boiled broccoli. Less than 30 min prep with no oil, hardly any washing up. Barely comes up to 250 calories but I'm absolutely stuffed after.