So itchy on my fat!

• I wasn't going to ask this as I am really embarrassed but since we are all friends here!

Does anyone else have a very itchy stomach area (like the front sides about belly button high but closer to the outside)?

I am finally able to wear smaller pants so I must be losing weight in this area but it's itchy as heck! It's not a new soap or detergent and nowhere else itches, just my fat stomach area. (Not saying it in a derogatory way, it is just where my fat "hangs".)

If this is the least of my problems losing weight, I'll take it! But I might look like a scratching fool for a while!
  • Honestly the only time my stomach itches is when stretch marks form :-(
  • Maybe mine is itchy reversing the stretch marks lol.
  • Elvis- Your definitely not alone! If you google it- you can see how many threads there are on itchy skin while losing weight. Hehe.

Iron deficiency can cause itchiness.

I get INSANELY itchy after I workout hard.
  • lol yes my existing tiger stripes seem to itch now that my gut is getting squishy. I think maybe cuz my pants sit in a different area now as well as my bloomers n my skin isnt used to being touched in the new areas. Ive started using St. Ives skin firming lotion for the obvious reason as well as moisturizing. The lil irritants r worth the work ive been putting into me as my body changes n so far none have become permanant lol.
  • Thank you all! I thought I was going out of my mind!

I never thought to google it lol, I just come to my sources (3FC ladies lol)!

I am going to try the lotion and see if that helps. It's not real uncomfortable, it's just something I am very conscious of recently.

As long as I am still losing, I'll cope!
  • I'm not sure if this is the same area you're talking about, but my stomach was very itchy in my waistband area. I always wore elastic stretchy pants (please no laughing) and they still dug in and itched like mad.

Lotion did help but it got better as I lost. I hope yours does too!
  • Quote: I'm not sure if this is the same area you're talking about, but my stomach was very itchy in my waistband area. I always wore elastic stretchy pants (please no laughing) and they still dug in and itched like mad.

Lotion did help but it got better as I lost. I hope yours does too!
    Thanks for the reply Tai and I promise, no laughing.

It's not at the waistband area but probably 2 inches below that (so if I put my hands in my jean's pocket, right there and to the outside edge on each side). It's really a strange place, which is why I posted about it!
  • I noticed that the parts that jiggle when I exercise are also the parts that itch, and they are usually the part that I am losing from.