Favorite IP Phase 1 foods from Trader Joe's?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Great list! Thank you!

For the chicken broth, what does that count as if I drink, say, a cup of it?

Oooo- didn't think of the fat free ham either!

Does the 21 seasoning salute have oregano in it? (If you remember)
    Oregano is just not my thing.
  • Another thing to add to my favorites-
    Chili Lime Chicken burgers.....mmmmmmm......
  • Quote: Another thing to add to my favorites-
    Chili Lime Chicken burgers.....mmmmmmm......
    LOVE those... Forgot all about them. Are they P1 friendly?
  • I would kill to have a Trader Joes in Alaska!!! Rumor is we are getting a whole foods!
  • Quote: LOVE those... Forgot all about them. Are they P1 friendly?
    Uh...um...I'm hoping so!!!

Ingredients: ground chicken, onions (ack! that might be the killer), bell pepper, garlic, cilantro, natural flavors (?) salt, lime juice, red pepper flakes.

Cal=150
    fat= 6
    Carb=3
    fiber=2
    sugar= 0
    protein= 19

Anyone know for sure before I eat another?
  • Quote: Uh...um...I'm hoping so!!!

Ingredients: ground chicken, onions (ack! that might be the killer), bell pepper, garlic, cilantro, natural flavors (?) salt, lime juice, red pepper flakes.

Cal=150
    fat= 6
    Carb=3
    fiber=2
    sugar= 0
    protein= 19

Ingredient wise it looks fine. I doubt they have carmuzed the onions so they should not be a problem.

You are eating them as a protein for your meat choice, right? I have never really checked the amount of cals/fat/protein etc. in typical 8oz of meats. Maybe someone else knows that and can comment on how the patty compares. I will try to look when I am at my computer (on my phone now).
  • yes- as protein for meat choice.
    Am interested in hearing re:the fat.
    Thanks! :-)
  • Quote: Uh...um...I'm hoping so!!!

Cal=150
    fat= 6
    Carb=3
    fiber=2
    sugar= 0
    protein= 19

I saw this yummy item tonight at TJ. Is the onion ingredient IP Phase 1 "approved"? Anyone have any feedback to share on how this item may have impacted their plan?
  • Quote: Is that 6 g fat?
    if so, it is pretty high for IP

What is the product? Is it a sausage or something?
    Trader Joes Chili Lime Chicken burgers
  • Re: Natural Flavour - just fyi
    The exact definition of natural flavorings & flavors from Title 21, Section 101, part 22 of the Code of Federal Regulations is as follows:

"The term natural flavor or natural flavoring means the essential oil, oleoresin, essence or extractive, protein hydrolysate, distillate, or any product of roasting, heating or enzymolysis, which contains the flavoring constituents derived from a spice, fruit or fruit juice, vegetable or vegetable juice, edible yeast, herb, bark, bud, root, leaf or similar plant material, meat, seafood, poultry, eggs, dairy products, or fermentation products thereof, whose significant function in food is flavoring rather than nutritional."

In other words, natural flavors can be pretty much anything approved for use in food.

I might be a bit more worried about this than the onions, lol. The label doesn't give you any info on this at all, really - what if there are allergies?? Yikes!
    Liana
  • How many oz in the burger?

4 oz of 93% lean ground beef
    160 cal
    7 g fat
    0 carb
    24 g protein

4 oz 95% lean ground beef
    153 cal
    5.6 g fat
    0 carb
    23 G protein

4 oz ground turkey (not breast)
    170 cal
    9.4 g fat
    0 carb
    20 g protein
  • Quote: I love TJ's!

Look for their fresh, raw "shaved" brussel sprouts in a bag. I spray with olive oil, shake on salt, black pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper and roast at 350* for 20-25 minutes until they soften then begin to crisp up/blacken.

They are amazing!!!
    These are fantastic! They also have a shaved assortment called "Crunchy Crustiferous" (think I got the spelling wrong. I treat it just like the above and it is a great and crunchy snack of veggies.