IP Daily Chat: Tuesday, 1/8/13

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to

• Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-scale victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms
    OP = on program

Bookmarking:
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
    Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
    MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
    here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
    and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
    the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
    The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
    If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
    have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
    Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
    http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
  • Good morning! I'm up, and am still trying to determine if I am "at 'em". I'm feeling a little slow and tired this morning. That's okay - it is probably the low energy feeling that comes the first week. I will make it through.

We are in a high wind warning. Supposed to have 50 mph gusts here today! Better hang on to our hats. It will be pretty darn cold though. bbrrrr

Have my packets laid out, and my protein for supper thawing. It's gonna be a great day.

I hope everyone has a great day!
  • Morning all! Today is day two for my second time around - hoping it goes better than yesterday. By dinner time I was starving, but as soon as I started eating (eggs with veggies and meat) I was overcome with nausea. I managed to force myself to eat almost all of my food, but I could barely swallow the last bite without gagging. I spent the next two hours feeling as if I'd had the flu (headache and all) and could barely choke down my snack before bed. Didn't sleep well either.

Has anyone that has done a reboot found it to be significantly more difficult the second time around? I remember struggling the first few days last time, as I was getting into Ketosis, but nothing like yesterday.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day! Good luck to all who WI!
  • Good morning. I hope everyone has an awesome day. I had a strawberry GNC Go Lean RTD with 2 cups of spinach this morning on the way to work along with one small HB egg. The drink looked gross but tasted good. The first two times I had them I put to much spinach in them. I think I found the balance.
  • Fishette:
    Congrats on reaching goal!!!

PS. Thanks for the info on myfitnesspal too
  • Morning all!

sneuse, sorry you're having a rough go with round two. I'm on day six of my second start and truth be told this time is actually easier from a side effects perspective. My first time I felt like I had the flu I was so weak and gross feeling on day 3-4. This time I still have the hunger pangs as I decrease what I'm eating and the cravings are way worse. I want EVERYTHING! hehe. I suspect this comes from holiday overindulgence, but alas, it sucks.

The good news is, as you know, it gets better!! Hang in there.
  • Quote: Morning all! Today is day two for my second time around - hoping it goes better than yesterday. By dinner time I was starving, but as soon as I started eating (eggs with veggies and meat) I was overcome with nausea. I managed to force myself to eat almost all of my food, but I could barely swallow the last bite without gagging. I spent the next two hours feeling as if I'd had the flu (headache and all) and could barely choke down my snack before bed. Didn't sleep well either.

Has anyone that has done a reboot found it to be significantly more difficult the second time around? I remember struggling the first few days last time, as I was getting into Ketosis, but nothing like yesterday.

I think for me it was a little bit harder mentally, but the physical headaches were challenging. I was also STARVING. I decided to let myself have four packets for a few days so I didn't go crazy, and by day 3 I felt fine.

Hang in there!
  • Quote: Morning all! Today is day two for my second time around - hoping it goes better than yesterday. By dinner time I was starving, but as soon as I started eating (eggs with veggies and meat) I was overcome with nausea. I managed to force myself to eat almost all of my food, but I could barely swallow the last bite without gagging. I spent the next two hours feeling as if I'd had the flu (headache and all) and could barely choke down my snack before bed. Didn't sleep well either.

I started a reboot about a week ago. The first time around, about a year ago, I breezed through the first week. This time, it was quite the opposite. On the - 3rd day I was so nauseous and was actually sick. I couldn't think about food, let alone eat anything. I really thought maybe I'd come down with something. I had a monster headache all day, along with the nauseous feeling. I spent the day on the couch, with hot tea. By the next day I was up and feeling pretty much back to normal. I must have had some bad stuff in my system to purge!
  • I have a rookie question. Is Dole Spring Mix salad considered unlimited lettuce or veggie? I think the latter but I'm not positive. It was so not filling enough so I went ahead and had another veggie too, so I might have gone over by a cup or so. Just wondering.
  • Gooood morning!!

Does anybody use fatsecret.com? I see myfitnesspal, and I'm thinking of converting, but I've had fatsecret for a lonnnnggg time, and it shows my losses and gains so I kind of like that. If you do, let me know and we'll be buddies! Or maybe I'll just switch (I do hate my user name. I got the account when I did HCG a couple years back... booo)

So I've been sleeping like crap. Any recommendations? I've been 100% OP, eating my snack around 9:00 and going into bed around 10, but falling asleep closer to 1:30 only to wake up every hour tossing and turning. I drink about 110-120 oz of water a day, so while sometimes I wake up to use the restroom, most of the time it's just me tossing and turning. My eyes are so tired and irritated, and I get really pissy in the morning when I have to wake up at 7 for work. This has been happening for about 2 weeks now.
  • Quote: I have a rookie question. Is Dole Spring Mix salad considered unlimited lettuce or veggie? I think the latter but I'm not positive. It was so not filling enough so I went ahead and had another veggie too, so I might have gone over by a cup or so. Just wondering.
    Does it have the carrots in it? I would not worry too much about eating extra veggies unless they are sugary ones. What did you have for your extra? And an extra veggie is much better than bag of chips or a candy bar.

So NSV kinda, I just got excited about my trip to St. Martin a month from today! I have one bathing suit that fits and usually only bring two. I just ordered two more from E bay for just under forty bucks. I was going to stay with two but I will be wearing them as shorts too so what the heck. The NSV is the size which is 16" smaller than last time I went and I was smiling when I ordered them because they will fit and be comfortable. Not painful and tight like they used to be.
  • Quote: Morning all!

sneuse, sorry you're having a rough go with round two. I'm on day six of my second start and truth be told this time is actually easier from a side effects perspective. My first time I felt like I had the flu I was so weak and gross feeling on day 3-4. This time I still have the hunger pangs as I decrease what I'm eating and the cravings are way worse. I want EVERYTHING! hehe. I suspect this comes from holiday overindulgence, but alas, it sucks.

The good news is, as you know, it gets better!! Hang in there.
    Thank you. Glad to hear you are having a bit of an easier time with it! I'm just hoping that after I settle into ketosis I feel better. Otherwise I don't think I'll be able to stick it out

Quote: I think for me it was a little bit harder mentally, but the physical headaches were challenging. I was also STARVING. I decided to let myself have four packets for a few days so I didn't go crazy, and by day 3 I felt fine.

Hang in there!
    Thanks! I agree that mentally it was easier at first - it was much more exciting. This time its just like, CAN THIS BE OVER ALREADY!?

Quote: I started a reboot about a week ago. The first time around, about a year ago, I breezed through the first week. This time, it was quite the opposite. On the - 3rd day I was so nauseous and was actually sick. I couldn't think about food, let alone eat anything. I really thought maybe I'd come down with something. I had a monster headache all day, along with the nauseous feeling. I spent the day on the couch, with hot tea. By the next day I was up and feeling pretty much back to normal. I must have had some bad stuff in my system to purge!
    Glad to know I'm not alone.... and glad to hear that things should return to normal after a few days. I just couldn't believe how much worse I felt this time around. I guess I just assumed it'd be easier or at least the same! Thanks for the encouragement and for reassuring me that it WILL improve!
  • Good morning IPers It has been a lonng while.

I am restarting IP after a hiatus at the end of July. Today is day 2. I have been browsing the forum this morning and do see some familiar, thinner faces

This time around I would like to do the alternatives and have been reading around and seeing there are bars (which are perfect for travelling) that may be unrestricted. May you share the magic number of carbs that would make a bar unrestricted, I think it is 8 or less but am not sure. I have been traveling a lot with long days for sports events- bars are easier to travel with than drinks & mixes. In IP the bars were always restricted.

Here is what I was thinking on going with and am wondering if there are any restricted items I should be aware of.

Protidiet chocolate dream bar
    https://www.nashuanutrition.com/stor...eam-7-box.html

Protidiet vanilla wafer bar
    https://www.nashuanutrition.com/stor...lla-7-box.html

Proti thin Sea Salt & Vinegar snacks
    https://www.nashuanutrition.com/stor...cks-7-box.html

Proti thin Chili and Lime Soy snacks
    https://www.nashuanutrition.com/stor...cks-7-box.html

Proti thin hot chocolate drinks
    https://www.nashuanutrition.com/stor...ate-7-box.html

In addition I have the Premier Nutrition Chocolate drinks I purchased at Costco. They have 30G protein and 5G carbs

Edited to add: I have been drinking my water in the morning and early afternoon so as to make sure I am close to a restroom during critical times. I read somewhere about drinking half your body weight in oz of water so have been chug chug chugging it down!
  • Quote: Gooood morning!!

Does anybody use fatsecret.com? I see myfitnesspal, and I'm thinking of converting, but I've had fatsecret for a lonnnnggg time, and it shows my losses and gains so I kind of like that. If you do, let me know and we'll be buddies! Or maybe I'll just switch (I do hate my user name. I got the account when I did HCG a couple years back... booo)

So I've been sleeping like crap. Any recommendations? I've been 100% OP, eating my snack around 9:00 and going into bed around 10, but falling asleep closer to 1:30 only to wake up every hour tossing and turning. I drink about 110-120 oz of water a day, so while sometimes I wake up to use the restroom, most of the time it's just me tossing and turning. My eyes are so tired and irritated, and I get really pissy in the morning when I have to wake up at 7 for work. This has been happening for about 2 weeks now.
    The calcium magnesium tablets are supposed to help you relax and sleep. What time are you taking them? When I was on IP, I was told never to eat after 8P because your body may keep you awake digesting. If you would to try something else to 'reset' your sleep cycle, I would suggest 5MG melatonin.
  • Quote: So NSV kinda, I just got excited about my trip to St. Martin a month from today! I have one bathing suit that fits and usually only bring two. I just ordered two more from E bay for just under forty bucks. I was going to stay with two but I will be wearing them as shorts too so what the heck. The NSV is the size which is 16" smaller than last time I went and I was smiling when I ordered them because they will fit and be comfortable. Not painful and tight like they used to be.
    Awesome on the NSV!!