Induction Breakfast Ideas

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Ok, i'm in desperate need of breakfast ideas that don't involve eggs. It's getting to the point that the thought of eating an egg is gag-inducing. Help!
  • I eat 2 eggs every morning so I don't have a lot of ideas for breakfast BUT Google "Linda's Low Carb". She has A LOT of recipes. I'm sure you'll find breakfast ideas that don't involve eggs. Also remember that you can go non-traditional and have meat/cheese.
  • Don't just think of breakfast as an "egg" only type meal.Think outside the box! I sometimes have leftover venison steak and cheese for breakfast. Or veggies. Definitely check out Linda's site. I haven't been there lately, but remember it from the first time around on Atkins You can do this
  • Tomorrow is 2 weeks on induction for me...didn't take long at all to get tired of eggs. Surprisingly, a crustless quiche, full of low carb veggies and maybe ham or turkey, is not so eggy. Also got tired of lean ham. I'm enjoying sausage patties for breakfast now.
  • I'm planning on venturing into making my eggs into "muffins". that way I can have them pre-made and ready to go in the mornings. I'm planning on throwing cheese, onions & Peppers in along with the sausage and eggs. Can't wait to eat them
  • Well, there's the common sausage and bacon for breakfast. But I personally think chicken salad scooped into a bell pepper is pretty good in the morning, even though it's not super 'breakfasty'.

I got really sick of eggs too! I had to give them up until I discovered pickled eggs. You can make them at home with some eggs, vinegar, bagged pickling spice, and a jar. There's tons of recipes online.
  • It's gotten to the point where anything "savory" makes me want to gag first thing in the morning. I know they're not really recommended for inductions, but i've been drinking the shakes in the morning and it's saving me. I guess that's one thing i really miss about IP (the shakes).
  • I'm guilty of drinking shakes too. I go for the generic whey protein stuff (it's less expensive), and it hasn't caused me any problems. But Atkins bars are another story! They knock me right out of ketosis.
  • I agree SugarSpell....there is much cheaper stuff out there. I buy the Costco whey protein mix and it only has 3 carbs per serving....I am not using it right now on induction but will later on......
    Also, I love your idea for breakfast.......I never liked sugar filled breakfasts to begin with...mainly protein..Pickled eggs....got to try that one!
    Thanks for the ideas!
  • muffins in a minute made with flax seed meal is a great breakfast, i put cream cheese on them..and the flax helps clear the pipes :
  • I love leftovers for breakfast....I know, some of you will understandably go "YUCK"!!!
    I love chicken, steak or fish in the morning.....was never a fan of sweet sugary crap.....and the protein fuels me.
    I must admit that - many times - I am bad and skip it.....but when I try my hardest.. protein is the answer for me!
  • I alternate between sausage links and eggs during induction. Sometimes I'll use bacon instead of sausage, but that's as much as I deviate for breakfast...
  • I second the muffin in a minute, can be with flax meal or almond meal. Sliced and toasted with cream cheese, nut butters, crumbled into greek yogurt instead of granola etc. I make several at a time and keep in the fridge.
  • So I'm not totally sure this is inductions friendly (I'm still in week 2) but I found this recipe for fake french toast that I'm gonna try for breakfast tomorrow.

Cuz I'm with you... I'm sick of eggs and I miss french toast sooooo much! Its my favorite food ever! And I have a 1 yr old that hates eggs so he's torturing me with his waffles, oatmeals, fruit, and cereal breakfasts. Yes, I'm jealous of my 1 yr old!

So because I'm probably more desperate that you I'll be your guinea pic and try this recipe:

www (enter dot here) lowcarb (enter dot here) ca/recipes/rrecipe012 (enter dot here) html
    Sorry, I guess you cant post full links here.

I'll let you know how it tastes and if I have any issues with ketosis and weight loss.
  • Ok so I tried the recipe and it was actually GOOD!!!
    I would add little more splenda than the recipe calls for and add lots of cinnamon cuz it was slightly salty still but thats cuz i used alotta butter to pan fry. And cook them on low-medium heat so they dont burn and make it saltier.

Here's how they turned out:

lc french toast.jpg
    lc french toast 2.jpg

The texture and taste was very simlar to french toast. It hit that spot, thats for sure! I did use SF syrup from Publix which has a lotta sugar alcohol so I tried to use it sparingly.

Gets my approval but I'll let you know if I stall in any way.