Wheat Belly-January

You're on Page 11 of 14
Go to
  • maryshady,

You're right, it is sea-iodine. The brand he likes is Life Extension. I'll edit my previous post so as not to confuse anyone.
  • Yeah! Finally down another pound.

Recent changes to diet:
    Took L-Glutamine to heal gut (each day, last few days)
    Took 2 kelp tablets and 1 selenium (each day, last few days)
    Ate a little seaweed
    Had one package of shiritaki noodles shared with DH (made from yams only-some are fake)

maryshady,
    I too suffer from thinning hair, dry skin, and low body temperature, though I don't usually "feel cold", but DH often says I feel "like ice" when I touch him. So I don't perceive my low body temp - it just is, until I am in contact with him and then I will feel cool.
  • Way to go deetermined2 on the pound lost!

Thanks for all your advise. I'm liking this WOE, so far and doing good. Social events are hard but I've dogged my way through!

Have a great week.
  • Dee- Oh not to worry I don’t take anything without talking with my GP first. I have my thyroid tested again and its still normal, I was more curious then anything as to what supplements people were taking.
  • Hey all I have a question about cheese. What I've read is that it must be labeled 'culture' or 'live culture'. And I think I read pretty much block not shredded,etc. I looked at some sliced cheese and the ingredients are: pasteurized milk, cheese culture, salt and enzymes. Some say annatto (color). Is this acceptable?
  • Well ill be honest i eat normal cheese! I dont eat much an oz or two every other day. I cant not afford cultured cheese- small brick would cost be around 15+ bucks!
  • Tonz,

I usually eat Cabot cheddar because at least 2 of the varieties are growth hormone free. There is a little green square on the side that lists this only on some of them. Occasionally, I'll make it to Trader Joe's or the health food store and buy a raw milk cheese which is suppose to be even better for you healthwise. In terms of shredded cheeses, I actually got hold of Sargento's last year, and they stated that they do NOT require their farmers to disclose whether or not they use growth hormones. So now I shred Cabot.

European cheese is growth hormone free. So I buy that sometimes, too.

Billster,
    "Normal" for thyroid function is not necessarily optimal. My doctor said that TSH under 3 is normal. However, Dr. D says that number should be under 1.5, and ideally under 1.0. Huge difference!!!
  • Good Morning. Need help from you pros who have been through plateaus and weight gain. I'd be losing rather nicely then all of a sudden I gained a pound, I though OK no need to panic. Well this am I found another one--still not in panic mode but getting there.

I know some of you are going to tell me (and you already did) to add more fat but how to do that?

My typical day is:

Coffee: 1 cup with 1 tsp truvia & splash almond milk

Breakfast:eggs cooked in tsp coconut oil w/ spinach or just boiled eggs plus maybe a healthy slice of cheese

Lunch: salad with veggies, 3-4 oz of protein, cheese, a few nuts, regular salad dressing OR leftovers from night before

Dinner: 3-6 oz of protein (usually cooked with coconut oil in some type of fashion), 1-2 vegetables

Snack: usually handfull of nuts or cheese

I haven't eaten any fruits, wheat, etc. since starting and I must say I feel better and I do love this WOE.

I am eating an awful lot of cheese and nuts, could that be why the weight gain?

Until I receive a reply, I'll go back and re-read all the posts. I do remember one or two of you having this same issue.

HAPPY EASTER ALL!
  • Well first thing im going to ask TOM soon? I gain up to 5 lbs during that time and they they go right back away!
    Second question are you going to the washroom everyday? Change in diets can back us up and cause a gain.
    Nuts- how much are u eating? Those wonderful lil guys are full of carbs! I have a whole 10 nuts a day now...
    Your snack- what cut the cheese and have veggies and dip or something other then cheese.
    This salad dressin you are using- store bought? Toss it! Make your own using oil and spices. Store bought is full of CRAP. Add apme butter to your veggies! Yes butter!

I have not lost a pound in a good 1.5 months and maybe gained one or two (i threw my scale out a few weeks ago- was starting to over focuse on a number, thats all it is a number!) i do however take my measurements every other week an they have always gone down. This weight loss plan is SLOW and even in the book it did say you can have a gain to start with because your body is soaking up all the good stuff you were not getting when you ate crap. I have read a lot pf blogs and groups and to be honest i have found many more people who have not lost or lost very little on this diet compared to the book where it seems lile everyone lost. I have found more people havr felt better, better medical results and overall improved health on thos diet then any other. Theres my food for thought for the day.....sorry if my spelling is a mess replying to
    This via my iphone as im heading to the city for the night.
  • Sigh... Was at the gym this morning i have been going twice a week swimming and decided to try out the scale- up 8lbs from the last time i weighed myself 6 weeks ago!!!!! I know TOM and stress are playing a HUGE part of this! I have my Dye test on wed and im really stressed out ago the news as well as my husband way laid off this week, so i know those two things are stressing me out. DH should only be laid off a few weeks but it still worries me as Alberta is a very expensive place to live. On a side note i made the white castle pie recipe it was SO good!!! DH even had thirds! Hope you all had a happy easter!
  • Billster,

Good luck tomorrow!
  • Thanks Dee! Hope you all had a great day ~Billie~
  • Well the dye results are back- structure looks great, right tub is clear, left is blocked! However this test has been known to clear out blocked tubes so fingers crossed for a future positive!
  • Hi, all!

My weight is stuck once again, but unfortunately this is normal for me. I had hoped taking the sea-iodine would make a difference, but so far nothing. In the meantime my hubby has been eating more to maintain his weight, and he's just lost another 4 pounds.

I tried yoga yesterday for the first time since I finished college, (which was forever ago), and this afternoon I am definitely feeling the sore muscles. I probably should have tried something at home before taking a class.

Billster, my mom was pregnant one month after having her tubes blown, (they didn't use dye back then just air.) Here's hoping!
  • Thanks Dee for all your support and sharing, it means a lot to me! So here is to hoping! If not i start Clomid next month!

So i have changed my diet a fair amount in the last week and down 3lbs! 80% of my food is raw and 20% cooked. I have a shake in the morning with coconut oil, almond butter, almond milk or coconut milk, some berries and spinich or kale blend it all up- there is breakfast and im good till at least 1pm and i have that at 8am. Lunch is a small salad or chopped raw veggies or 1/2 an apple and 1-2 oz of cheese. Dinner is about 6oz of cooked meat and again some raw veg in a salad or chopped up. Lots of water through out the day, tried coconut water for the first time was too full to eat dinner! If you look for coconut water get the organic stuff there is no added sugar!