Easy lunch ideas

• Anyone have any easy lunch ideas other than soups or salads? I was thinking about getting Lean Cuisines but like another poster pointed out, they're not very filling.
  • If you don't mind eating the same thing I usually bring leftovers from my dinner the night before. It makes things really easy, I just make sure I cook extra the night before!!
  • Mini tuna sandwiches:
    12 triscuits, 1 packet of tuna, 1 travel packet of mayo.
    ~400 calories, oddly filling.

If you use mustard instead of mayo you can knock off about 80 calories, but I like my mayo. lol.

Omelettes are easy to reheat or good cold, a great place to sneak some veggies in, and can be very filling. Eggwhites can make them lower cal.

Fritattas
    (basically just a baked omelette) can be made in muffin tins and are super portable. With both the ingredient combinations are pretty endless, so you can have consistency without monotony.
  • Great ideas! Thanks!
  • My number one low effort meal:

- low carb or whole wheat tortilla/wrap/pita/flat bread
    - any pre cooked meat and/or canned black beans
    - cheese

Nuke in microwave, then add some lettuce, low fat sour cream, and sriracha hot sauce.
    High protein, high fiber, and easy to take with you. Mine are about 300 cals each, depending on what I use.

This is a great way to use up leftovers, too.
  • I have bought some smoked salmon and grilled asparagus with a little stone ground mustard and it seems to really help with my lunches, I think it is because, I have to have my taste buds really "full" of taste in order for me to feel full (if you know what I mean).. LOL
  • Hummus and veggies?
  • I'm a huge fan of making a bag of frozen chicken breast in a crock pot on sunday, shredding it up and then using it in salads, pitas, soups and meals throughout the week.

my favorite is Sabra cucumber dill yogurt dip with romaine lettuce and chicken in a pita for lunch