Calling Pregnant Mamas! When are you due?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Just want to see who else is going through pregnancy. I am 8 weeks with baby#3, due the beginning of August.
    Anyone else?
  • Due July 24th (also my wedding anniversary!) with Baby #1!
  • Quote: Due July 24th (also my wedding anniversary!) with Baby #1!
    Congrats!!! Baby #1 is so exciting! Going through everything for the first time. If you don't mind me asking, were you in a maintenance phase before getting pregnant, or were you working on weightloss?
  • I am not! I am 7 weeks postpartum with #2 and baby factory is closed. But I just saw your name and wanted to say congratulations GlamourGirl!!! And of course you too Smisen, what a wonderful anniversary gift.
  • Quote: I am not! I am 7 weeks postpartum with #2 and baby factory is closed. But I just saw your name and wanted to say congratulations GlamourGirl!!! And of course you too Smisen, what a wonderful anniversary gift.
    Thank you Sacha! Whenever I come back to the board there's always a group of names I recognize and you're one of them. Congrats on the new baby! Did you have boy or girl?
    My husband and I are done after this one. Well, I'm done! lol, hubby says not to decide now. But I get so sick during pregnancy, and the older I get the harder it gets.
    Congrats again!!
  • Quote: Thank you Sacha! Whenever I come back to the board there's always a group of names I recognize and you're one of them. Congrats on the new baby! Did you have boy or girl?
    My husband and I are done after this one. Well, I'm done! lol, hubby says not to decide now. But I get so sick during pregnancy, and the older I get the harder it gets.
    Congrats again!!
    Thank you! I had a boy, making it two total! Oh my husband is the same but seriously, he can birth the next one... yeesh!
  • Quote: Thank you! I had a boy, making it two total! Oh my husband is the same but seriously, he can birth the next one... yeesh!
    I have two boys now too. I really love having boys. I'm more of a tom boy myself, so I really enjoy raising boys. Everyone thinks we must want a girl for #3, and I'd be happy just to have a healthy baby, but I'm not hoping for a girl, I would in no way be disappointed with a 3rd boy. And if she's a girl, then I hope for her sake she's a tom boy, because with 2 brothers, and me for a mom, there are no dresses or makeup in this house...ironically my screen name suggests the opposite... lol

Haha, husband's get the easy part of the pregnancy if he and I could take turns being pregnant, I've have a few more! But yeah, my body is done after this. Plus it takes me time after baby to get back to normal. I want to focus on other things physically, like I was to get back into running and I really want to do a half marathon. I know there are women that are able to stay athletic while pregnant, but that's not me.
  • I'm due on March 24th, but fully expect to go overdue as always . It's baby number four and we didn't bother finding out what we're having - I've got boy and girl clothes already so it made no difference. We're also (hopefully) not done!
  • I'm due 27th June.

I'm terrified I'm going to pile on all the weight I've lost. I got down to normal BMI after a long long slog at trying to shift it, and then I went and got myself pregnant again!

I'm already up 7lbs and I'm only 14 weeks pregnant. *nuts wall*
  • I'm due July 8, but am already planning/panicking about getting off the baby weight.
  • Quote: I'm due on March 24th, but fully expect to go overdue as always . It's baby number four and we didn't bother finding out what we're having - I've got boy and girl clothes already so it made no difference. We're also (hopefully) not done!
    Congrats!! The spring is a nice time to have a baby. My last one was born in May.

We originally wanted four, but after 2 m/c before this one and being I just get too sick during pregnancy, I don't want to do this again. I've lost over 10 lbs in the past 3 weeks. I'm either sleeping, puking or inbetween. And I've already been into the hospital for fluids once. I'm hoping to stay out of there until I feel better. I have spent the past 3 weeks on the couch, and so on line or watching tv. I was sick with my other two as well, and I usually start to feel better into the 2nd trimester. (and then I gain weight!) but I see alot of women that continue a moderate workout while pregnant, and have a life, and I just don't. So 3 will be it. I want to focus on other things physically and I don't want to be so sick anymore!!
  • Quote: I'm due 27th June.

I'm terrified I'm going to pile on all the weight I've lost. I got down to normal BMI after a long long slog at trying to shift it, and then I went and got myself pregnant again!

I'm already up 7lbs and I'm only 14 weeks pregnant. *nuts wall*
    First of all, Congrats!!
    I feel the same way. Well right now I am losing from being so sick, but if this pregnancy is like the others, I start gaining during the second trimester and gain way too much. I am determined to eat healthy and in moderation during this pregnancy and not gain too much. Even though I am losing right now I am already nervous about a huge gain
  • Quote: I'm due July 8, but am already planning/panicking about getting off the baby weight.
    Congrats!! You're due about a month before me, still summer! lol I had my first baby at the end of August, and for me I didn't like being pregnant in the summer, but it was probably because I gained so much weight!!
    Yeah I'm already trying to figure out how I'm going to fit in a workout with 3 kids. My oldest son was a horrible sleeper, he would scream in his crib, and I could never get any time to myself. My second one though was a good sleeper, calm. With him I would work out in the morning and when he woke up he would play in his crib while I showered. Just an easy going baby. And my second son napped well too. My older son never napped. If my 3 rd is like my first, I don't know what I'll do!! And my husband, unfortunately, does not think he should ever watch the kids for me to workout, and I get attitude if I ask him. And being that I'm a SAHM now, there's no way I can get a gym membership, because I have no income of my own. So yeah I'm panicing too!
    I was almost to my goal weight at lie 145, and I got pregnant in May and m/c and just got really depressed and started gaining, and then m/c again, and forget it...I was up to almost 190 when I got pregnanct with this little one. So I was already gaining and now I'm going to gain again. My goal is, since I'm over weight, to only gain about 20 lbs, which my OB has said is a good target now that I'm over weight.
  • Quote: Congrats!!! Baby #1 is so exciting! Going through everything for the first time. If you don't mind me asking, were you in a maintenance phase before getting pregnant, or were you working on weightloss?
    To be honest, I wasn't working on weight loss or maintaining. Right around the time my husband and I decided to start trying, I was diagnosed with some serious thyroid issues, so most of my attention was on getting that managed - not weight loss. Once things were set on that end, pregnancy happened too quickly for me to even think about losing weight

So going into this, I definitely weigh more than I should, but I've been losing weight (thanks to zero appetite) and all my tests look good (including the full GD test that I passed with flying colors). Hopefully, weight won't be much of an issue - and hopefully it won't be an issue at all with future pregnancies
  • Quote: To be honest, I wasn't working on weight loss or maintaining. Right around the time my husband and I decided to start trying, I was diagnosed with some serious thyroid issues, so most of my attention was on getting that managed - not weight loss. Once things were set on that end, pregnancy happened too quickly for me to even think about losing weight

So going into this, I definitely weigh more than I should, but I've been losing weight (thanks to zero appetite) and all my tests look good (including the full GD test that I passed with flying colors). Hopefully, weight won't be much of an issue - and hopefully it won't be an issue at all with future pregnancies
    What thyroid issues were you diagnosed with? I was diagnosed with Hashimotos last year and started on synthroid. What prompted me to see the doc was I went from normal energy to zero energy, hair falling out, and many other classic thyroid symptoms. Since being on synthroid I feel so much better. I was almost at goal, but after 2 m/c this year I just stopped exercising and stopped calorie counting, and gained a lot back. I was depressed and just didn't care. So I'm higher than I'd like to be going into this pregnancy.

I've been losing too (10 lbs so far yikes!)from feeling so sick but in my other pregnancies I lost in the beginning (though not this much) and eventually ended up gaining way too much.

I'm glad to hear to pasted your test!! I've known several women that have had GD (and actually only one was over weight, rest were healthy weight) and it is a very strict diet and going off it can really be harmful to the baby. Not having that extra stress is good news!

I'm also concerned about GD. I'm going to talk to my doc about having GTT early, I've heard some woman at higher risk do that. Diabetes runs in my family, I'm older with this baby than the others, I have mostly belly fat now. I used to be all hips and thighs but over the past year that has changed. Also I've read about hypothyroid patients also being at higher risk for insulin resistance. Also, with my other two pregnancies I did not need progesterone, but with this one (and my 2 m/c) my progesterone was low, and I have also read about a possible link between low progesterone and insulin resistance, but then I also read that taking progesterone supplements can be a risk for insulin resistance, which I'm on, so I need to talk to my doc...but I'm definitely concerned about GD.