Starting the 30 Day Shred

You're on Page 3 of 37
Go to
  • Did L1D1 about an hour ago. Had to stop twice in order to remember how to breathe and my legs were too wobbly to manage the last abs bit. When I had finished I felt rather dizzy and exhausted. It was definitely tough, doing it tomorrow with sore muscles is definitely going to be a challenge. I did kind of enjoy it though, tough exercise is always very satisfying once completed.
  • IzzyD07 Good Job!

I took a break from the workout last night ( I still went for an hour walk) I just did not feel good last night, I'm going to continue with L1D4 today since I'm feeling a littler better. My muscles are a little tired but i guess they're supposed to be.
  • Quote: Well, I finally did it. 30 days of pain and I've finished the 30 Day Shred I wonder if I should try Ripped in 30 next?
    Yes! I alternate 5p and 10p weights on that one depending on what she's doing. I did 30 Day Shred earlier this year.
  • I need to stop fussing around with this DVD. I do every move, every time (only modification: wall pushups. Shameful but true) but I take soooo many breaks. In the first cardio, during the lunges, during the side lunges. I pause the dvd and rewind 10/15 seconds so I can press play and get into position without missing anything. I just feel really lame about it.

The weird thing? I actually look forward to the abs cause I get to lay down for a minute. Don't get me wrong, I'm crunching right along with the girls its just...OMG. Save me from lunges. They can suck it. Seriously.

Goal today
    : Make it through an entire circuit without a break. I mean, all you girls are rocking it hardcore. Can't be over here wussing out. L1D6 is happening now.

I'm using 3lb weights for everything, what are you fine ladies using?
  • i do 3 pd and 5 pd weights...and today completed l1d2 and i hate her...even if I did just go buy her book and frontside/backside dvd collection...I'm going to curse her all the way down to a new and improved skinny self....and then maybe i'll change my mind...
  • 3lb weights for the front raises...the rest of it is 5lb cuz its biceps, which mine are pretty strong and my uber super resistant back but its can't resist the JILL! its going down! ooo plus chest raises for my dd ladies. I modify on the jumping jacks and the jump rope...i hold the ladies down because there is no sports bra that allows me to have free movement of my arms and lungs and still cage the dd's...So I cross my arms across my chest...Huge difference between honeydew melons and blueberries...that's all I'm saying so I'm not going to feel bad about that modification...and I suck it up all the way to the last ab move and then I just do regular crunches on account of trying to get my legs in the air after all that makes me want to cry... I really tried today though and it was a little better then yesterday when my leg muscles were like F you lady...I was at least able to get them up but no moving...
  • Guys, I highly recommend wearing an ipod (or playing music) and muting the TV once you know the routine. Makes things a lot less painful, and truthfully I find her annoying. I also spent a little longer on L1 because there was no way I was going to get through that DVD in 30 days flat. She's hard but effective.
  • I use 3 pound weights.
    Novangel I will take your advice and use my iPod. Jillian's counting throws me off.
    Tinnerann2 the lunges wear me out. I have not completed an entire set yet.
  • OKAY, I don't like her but all hail the JILL here peoples! I hated static lunges because I never felt like I was doing them right...I knew I wasn't doing them right and that scared me because as heavy as I am, doing an exercise wrong spells disaster very easy...so I was super excited to discover the side lunge which I was able to master...ANYWAYS..I was working out to the 1st circuit on the Backside for Beginners and for the FIRST TIME EVER someone, being the JILL, broke down the static lunge for me and pinpointed exactly what I was doing wrong! I was able to do the lunges correctly FIRST TIME EVER! No, i'm not the least bit excited to be able to do the staple exercise for you thighs correctly...why would that possibly make me happy?? :P....Just wanted to say, give credit where credit is due and all that jazz...JM for Beginners Frontside/Backside rocks hardcore...its not at hard as Shred but the workouts do WORK you out...
  • Novangel Great idea! I will definitely do this.

I finished L1D4 a few minutes ago, my goodness it's tiring but sooo worth it. I really hope I lose 15 lbs doing this video. I don't want to lose too much because I know that's not healthy but since I lost so much in the beginning.

SW: 276
    CW: 267 (- 9lbs)
    GW: 261
  • L1D4 done with iPod.

Beachbella. It is not the lunges that get me. I could lunge all day. It is the arm raises with weights coupled with side lunges. My arms hurt so much that my lunge form slips as I adjust to minimize the discomfort. I will keep trying but my arms are crying.
  • ImImportant I "can't" do the side lunges with the arm raises. Ok, I could probably do them but OMG ow. My side lunges start looking really wonky bc I'm trying to muscle through the arms.

So I do the arm raises with my 3lb weights by themselves, rewind and do the side lunges just raising my arms. Chest flies. Repeat. It works for me.

Novangel I put a podcast on over JM. Don't say "a couple more" when you mean "I'm going to talk for 20 seconds and then count you down from 5" YOU FILTHY LIAR. I mean...um...I <3 JM?
  • I have had the worst pains in my legs and arms today, hopefully thats a good thing!
  • Since I'm an idiot I've been doing the exercises on a hardwood floor, barefoot. I was in the warm-up jumping jacks and..somehow hurt myself. My right knee is mildly displeased, but mostly the back of my thigh. Had to shelf the workout after the first circuit of strength.

I feel like a massive failure. I was gonna do this in 30 days. It was gonna be amazing, since I never finish anything. So heres to feeling better tomorrow and telling inertia to screw off. It still will be amazing, since I'm going to finish and finish strong.

BippityBoppety I found that I was most sore L1D1-4. From there it goes away...for the most part.
  • L1D5 complete.

Tinneranne2 take care of your knee. You are not a failure. You will finish, just not on the date you had in mind. Chalk it up as a lesson on footwear. Just keep looking forward.