IP daily chat. Wednesday 12-26-2012

You're on Page 5 of 8
Go to
  • Quote: TX - we found this recipe for spinach at a very high end restaurant and of course altered it to my IP specifications. Measure out the spinach, I use 2 cups, get a wok pan hot ( I use a non sticky one) or if you don't have a wok pan which I suspect you don't, you can use a regular fry pan with either marg spray or olive oil, put in some garlic, real or powdered, and some red pepper if you like your food hot, or a tiny bit of soy sauce & ginger if you want a more Asian flavor. throw the spinach in to the hot pot and stir constantly until the spinach cooks thoroughly. It wont look lik emuch but it taste unbelievable!
    Thanks, I'll try that. I plan on going to buy some Kale today and try the chips as well. Great suggestions everyone....
  • Quote: Good morning. Going into the end of week 3 I have found that I'm starting to loose interest in veggies. The thought of eating more broccoli and zucchini is starting to repulse me. Last night I had rump roast but couldn't even do a salad. I would rather drink all my meals. This week I plan on making a Shepard's Pie with the cauliflower but I'm running out of options. I have never been a big veggie person to begin with so my choices are limited.

Anyone else having problems with this?
    I am starting to feel this way now and Iove veggies! I am also finding it harder to eat any if the nonrestricts besides the drinks.
    I would love some suggestions.
  • Quote: An actifry was the best thing I have ever bought! We ate out 4-5 nights a week but now use the actifry for our protein & veggies practically every day. I get my olive oil in by using it in the actifry. Minced garlic, tablespoon of soy sauce or another flavour like hot sauce to the veggies are great. We use red, orange & yellow peppers, mushrooms, bok choy for crunch, jicama. I have only had broccoli once since Halloween!
    WOW..I just watched the video for the Actifry. It looks AWESOME. I plan on buying one of those today to. And it comes apart and goes in the dishwasher. Cooking made simple is for me...LOL Thanks for the suggestion.
  • Just jumping in here to your daily chat..I have my first appointment on Friday morning and am so anxious to start! I am glad to have found this little subgroup to check in with you folks about this new way of eating for me. I was most recently on WW but have wandered off after some surgery and 40 pounds back later, here I am. We have no plans for NYE so I figured it would be great to get the first few days under my belt before I go back to work on 1/2.

One of the hairstylists where I get my hair done has been on this weight loss plan and looks amazing, which spurred me on to do a little research and jump in. I really need something to make me feel better about myself again!
  • Hi all, I have been MIA for a while--not following plan to a T and felt ashamed and as though I would not continue to be welcomed. I had a big cheat day yesterday (Christmas) and I'm back doing plan and will not do any restricteds at all for a few days.

I was doing great with no cravings at all but then the inundation of holiday foods really got to me. I was feeling really bitter and was actually in tears in the office one day about it.

Anyway... just wanted to check in. Until the day before yesterday I had been at 323 for several weeks and then this morning I was at 328. Hope to lose that 5 pounds quickly and be back on track.
  • Quote: Just jumping in here to your daily chat..I have my first appointment on Friday morning and am so anxious to start! I am glad to have found this little subgroup to check in with you folks about this new way of eating for me. I was most recently on WW but have wandered off after some surgery and 40 pounds back later, here I am. We have no plans for NYE so I figured it would be great to get the first few days under my belt before I go back to work on 1/2.

One of the hairstylists where I get my hair done has been on this weight loss plan and looks amazing, which spurred me on to do a little research and jump in. I really need something to make me feel better about myself again!
    Welcome! That is a great plan. It's really nice to start IP on a weekend, so you don't have to deal with the carb withdrawal at work.

Quote: Hi all, I have been MIA for a while--not following plan to a T and felt ashamed and as though I would not continue to be welcomed. I had a big cheat day yesterday (Christmas) and I'm back doing plan and will not do any restricteds at all for a few days.

I was doing great with no cravings at all but then the inundation of holiday foods really got to me. I was feeling really bitter and was actually in tears in the office one day about it.

Anyway... just wanted to check in. Until the day before yesterday I had been at 323 for several weeks and then this morning I was at 328. Hope to lose that 5 pounds quickly and be back on track.
    You can do this! You don't have to give up the restricteds. Just make sure you are measuring everything, getting your water, salt & oil, and staying aware from off plan foods.
  • Quote: Just had to stop in to share that today's WI officially dropped me from obese to overweight. Who knew I'd ever be so ecstatic to be overweight?!

And I was celebrating being "just" obese now instead of extremely or morbidly or class 2 or 3 or any of those other horrible names.
    Congrats on being overweight. I'll join u soon.

Quote: Hi all, I have been MIA for a while--not following plan to a T and felt ashamed and as though I would not continue to be welcomed. I had a big cheat day yesterday (Christmas) and I'm back doing plan and will not do any restricteds at all for a few days.

Oh dear, don't make it harder than it has to be. Have the restricteds & just follow the program. Don't penalize yourself & make it harder.
  • Quote: Just had to stop in to share that today's WI officially dropped me from obese to overweight. Who knew I'd ever be so ecstatic to be overweight?!
    Yay! Im anxiously awaiting this day, getting there soon. Crazy thought though, how we are excited to be overweight. Congrats on the milestone.
    Congratulations! Keep up the good work!

I agree with others, don't make it any harder on yourself, just do the plan and start watching the weight fall off. It will drop quickly and you'll feel great soon.
  • Thanks for all of the kind words, guys! And I loved reading about some different ideas for veggies, too. Yay!
  • Question: Where to buy IP foods online in US?
    There is one IP branded food packet that I really like and I need to buy a few boxes of it. I use alternatives and don't have a coach.

Where is a reliable online source for IP foods?

Thanks,
    Chloe
  • Just got back from an extended (compared to typical visits) to my mom's. Yesterday dinner was way off what I planned. But, I enjoyed myself with out eating too much (in terms of quantity). For the rest of the visit duration, I did great and stuck with my IP plan. I found great IP dishes with very little need to modify the meals two nights in a row at restaurants, so that was a wonderful bonus!

A1Texan, hang in there to get out of the veggie rut. Can you try to experiment with some new ones? I was really in to rutabaga for a few weeks making them in to a spicy baked "fries" side dish.

Cadu, welcome and good luck. Get through those first few days and it is not too bad. Hang in there and post often until you get to a steady IP routine.

Clodia Polchra, welcome to IP!

lisa32989, glad travel went well for you! Great to hear.

mrskuby, great job sticking on plan. Traditional meals can be hard to eat at. I've just been bringing a salad to share that is actually full of the foods I can eat.

SDChickie, congratulations and I hope to join you in a few weeks.

usmcvet, I will also be in the boat with the two of you getting back to being struck on the protocol. I've been having an extra packet on days when I've been super hungry.
  • Quote: Hi all, I have been MIA for a while--not following plan to a T and felt ashamed and as though I would not continue to be welcomed. I had a big cheat day yesterday (Christmas) and I'm back doing plan and will not do any restricteds at all for a few days.

Hey there! You pretty much wrote my post for me...I'm right there with you! I cheated on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinner. The best thing was eating what everyone else did and not having to PLAN, PLAN, PLAN all the time! But I'm back on the wagon today. I am actually a little relieved to be back to restricting myself--a little freedom goes to my head!

On the positive side, everyone had wonderful things to say about my weight loss on Christmas Eve. My husband's cousin said, "You're so tiny!", making her my favorite person in the world! I went to my annual well woman visit on Christmas Eve and my doctor did a double take at the weight noted in my chart. She said, "This is your weight today?" We looked at my chart, and I have lost a little over 70 lbs since my well woman visit last year. So I'm feeling pretty good about my weight and am not going to let a couple of bad days derail me!
  • Quote: Good morning. Going into the end of week 3 I have found that I'm starting to loose interest in veggies. The thought of eating more broccoli and zucchini is starting to repulse me. Last night I had rump roast but couldn't even do a salad. I would rather drink all my meals. This week I plan on making a Shepard's Pie with the cauliflower but I'm running out of options. I have never been a big veggie person to begin with so my choices are limited.

Anyone else having problems with this?
    I was literally just getting on here to post pretty much the same thing! I can barely swallow my veggies anymore...kind of to the point where I would rather not eat at all then take another bits or broccoli or zucchini! Hoping to see that others have offered some advice as I read through other answers...I just feel like a need more "real food" for lunch or something. I'm pushing through but Its tough right now. My husband says probably because of all the holiday food I have had to see the past couple days (haven't touched any though!)
  • this girl is awake Welcome back! You will always be accepted here, many of us have gone off plan at one time or another. We reject no one!! (Just give a little tough love now and then!) I'm so glad you only went up 5 lbs. That's a reasonable number to lose quickly.

Quote: My husband says probably because of all the holiday food I have had to see the past couple days (haven't touched any though!)
    Smart man. It's so hard to diet over the holidays, but totally worth it!