Yo! Just For 12-week Challenge! Declare A Plan/any Plan Boot Camp!!! :)

You're on Page 5 of 11
Go to
  • Day Four
    I'm a little under in water today, so I'm chugging a couple of glasses while I'm here. Otherwise, done!

We had a company BBQ today and I just had a single hamburger, no cheese. Stayed away from the sausages!

Robin, I'm just the opposite when it comes to the scale. I'm an everyday weigher, even though many say it's not a good habit. If I see it going down, it motivates me to keep it going down, and if I see it going up, it motivates me to smarten the heck up and get it back down! I only record an official weight once a week, though. I say whatever works, do it! I wish I could stay off the scale....it's become part of my morning....okay, so I'm obsessed.

Determined to Succeed...if you're feeling overwhelmed, how about taking one good habit, like drinking your water or not eating junk food, or whatever, and concentrate on just doing that for a week or so. Gradually you'll find the rest start falling into place again. It's okay to take a breather if you need it. If you can only handle one thing for a while, you're still better off with that one thing than chucking it all! You're worth making time for, just like your mothers are. Glad to hear today was better for you.

Brunissen, thanks for the link. I understand now...never heard the term before. I admire your committment! It's your trainer's job to be an evil *******....and you're paying him to be one! That's what gets the results....you're determined to prove you CAN do it.

Simcoe, GREAT pep talk! You're so right!

Hup, two, three, four....
  • Reporting in for Wednesday. Good day today, met all the goals and for exercise tonight the kidlet and I rode our bikes to the tennis court and had a 35 minute game. I think it is great when we can motivate our kids and show them that exercise is fun, as well as good for us.

Terri, way to go on a great day The power of positive thinking truly is amazing. Let's both of us stay on track for another good tomorrow
  • Wednesday's report

Well, I think Im in that place......you know that place when you start a diet, and there is no stopping you. Im there!! I dont know how long its going to last, but Im going to make full use of it while its here!!

Calories are under but carbs are right on. Drank all my water and then some. Did my 45 min walk this afternoon, and because I was so restless last night I thought I would do another walk after supper to burn off some of the energy tonight....so I did 3.6 miles after supper. Yup, now Im tired, a good tired. Off to a hot steamy shower, and crawl into bed with a book

Keep up the great work everyone, only 11 weeks left!!

Robin
  • Wednesday's Report:
    Did really well on Wednesday - it helps to keep me on track knowing I'll be reporting here and won't get judged if I screw up.

Food - 1383 calories
    Exercise - 35 min on the Elliptical, also a 30 minute walk with my puppy.
    Water - 160 oz

I was dead tired, but in a good way.

Today's plan:

Stay on track with the food, drink my water, 1 hour with the evil ******* trainer, also if it's not raining, a walk with the puppy (it makes him soooo happy!)

• Hi! I know I'm late, but can I join in? I'm hurdling toward my 40th birthday and I want to be fabulous!

Walked 4 miles on the treadmill today and did 20 minutes of Pilates. I think I'm going to end the day around 1600 calories.

I'm going to plan my meals, snacks, and exercise the night before---that works well for me.
    Anybody want to share their workout plan for tomorrow? Just for fun--to see how close the plan comes to reality?
    I'll start--Tomorrow I'll do 30 min. of pilates, a 30 min. bellydancing video, and a dumbell routine! Time will tell......
  • Thursday done. All goals on target and as planned. My exercise was aerobics class for 60 minutes, plus I rode my bike to get there. Now I am pooped Looking forward to a positive Friday.

My only problem is the weekends. I always struggle to stay on goal; not with exercise, which I actually like to do, but staying on eating plan. Anyone else deal with this? What do you do?
  • Day Five Done! And tomorrow is FRIIIIDAAAAY!!!!

Robin H, ride that wave of motivation!

Eydie, of course you can join us! Let's see...tomorrow I plan to get on the treadmill for an hour, do those boring doctor-prescribed back exercises and some ab work.

Simcoe, my problem on weekends is that I get up early (6-7am) and have breakfast....then I get busy and before I know it, it's 2pm and my blood sugar is dropping, I'm cranky and shaky and eat the first thing I can find that is filled with sugar to stop it! I drop in to 3FC often during the weekend, even if it's just to browse other threads to see what's going on to remind myself I want to succeed.

Hoping for a 1lb loss on Sunday, so I'm going to try reallllly hard to stay on plan this weekend.

Let's do it, girls!
  • Thursdays Report

All is good and well in my little corner of the world. Carbs and calories are on target, and did my 55 min walk, and another 30 min after supper.

Eydie welcome!!

Simcoe, I have a very hard time staying op during my weekends. What do I do? Pray I'll make til tuesday

Night all
  • Simcoe, I tend to have a harder time staying on track on weekends too. That's always puzzled me, because having more free time I should be more focused, etc. I guess socializing, going out, having people over for lovely Sunday breakfasts takes it's toll! And I work out LESS than on my workdays.
    So my plan is to go into this weekend with total awareness and see if I can make this a great weekend. Who's with me?
  • Eydie, Robin and Wildfire - thanks for the great suggestions, especially the one about praying for Tuesday!!!! I am with you guys, let's all focus and see if we can't make it through this. After all, it is just another two days of the week.

I agree Eydie, you would think that because we have more time, weekends would be easier. I guess that we have always seen weekends as a time to relax, maybe we take it literally. Who knows.

Anyways, I raise my glass of H20 to the group and look forward to an awesome weekend.
  • Thursday's Report:
    Food - too many calories - 1800 total
    Exercise - 1 hour with the trainer, and 13 minutes on the Elliptical
    Water - Only 136oz (I aim for 150 minumum)

I've been worried about a friend, so I was craving sweets and salt. I did a pretty good job fighting the urges tho.

Plan for today;
    I'm going out with friends, so I'm going to eat a few more calories than I should - but I plan to keep it at about 1600 calories. No alcohol - water water water! Won't be able to get to the gym tonight, but I'll be working out with the trainer on Saturday, and doing cardio on Sunday....

Speaking of weekends - I have a HORRIBLE time staying on track on weekends. It's way too easy to fall into my habit of laying on the couch, stuffing my face and not exercising. If I'm busy at work during the week, I don't have time to think about food and things like that, but with nothing to occupy me on the weekends, food is sometimes all I think about....*sigh*

Hope everyone has a great and successful weekend!!!

• Friday night check in

All is well, and on track. Did my 2 walks today

Nighty night
  • Weekend Warriors
    Day six ended without ANY exercise. I fell asleep reading the newspaper on the living room floor! On to Day Seven.

Alright, girls....most of us seem to have problems over the weekend. How can we address this?

Check in here when you can for a reminder.

JUST SAY NO! ....drink a glass of water when you want to go for that extra, unplanned snack. Tell yourself it's just two days and you can have that *whatever* any time you want, you just don't want it this weekend!

Plan your exercise just like any other activity you have to do this weekend. A half hour brisk walk is better than nothing at all! We can ALL manage that.

Plan your meals! Include salads or veggies as a main dish and carbs as a side. Don't forget the lean protein!

Write it all down!

It's just two days....we can do THAT!!!!
  • Saturday! The weekend has officially started. How's it going? Does everyone have a plan? [Thanks for the tips, Wildfire! ]

My challenge today is being out in the big bad world, and making good food choices. I have a plan though--and if I have a treat it has to be something packaged with nutritional info---no big slabs of fried cheesecake on a stick or anything like that.
    I've already gotten in my workout: 1/2 hour step video, 20 min. Pilates and a quick 10 min. dumbell routine---so If I do nothing else today I'm okay.

Have a healthy weekend, everybody!
  • Well the day is almost over, and I made it Carbs and calories are right on!!

Didnt get much exercise today, truck broke down (its not a year old yet) been dealing with that. If I get a chance I'll go for a walk after supper.

Tomorrow starts my weekend......wish me luck!