Daily Thread (Simply Filling/Core) December 15-31

You're on Page 3 of 8
Go to
  • Happy "End of the World" day, y'all.

Lord willing, we are leaving for Oklahoma City in the morning (prayers for travel safety appreciated). My dh, ds, and I are spending Christmas with dd and her hubby. Of course, we are very excited! I will have my computer with me, so I will check in again before Christmas.

The recipes sound yummy! TTFN
  • Ended up spending the day with my grandson instead of shopping.
    There are nice outlets in Ga near my brothers house , so next week
    will be better anyway..I want to look for a new pocketbook..

Going to see Ice Age this afternoon at our dollar theater .
  • Baking cookies and trying not to sample!
  • My brother has been in surgery since 7 AM. Still no news. I know vascular bypass takes a long time. We're being optimistic.
  • Sandra..That is a long surgery..Let us know when you hear..
  • morning chicks. safe travels to those on the road and in the air.

Sandra, I hope everything went well with your brother.
  • Sandra, praying for your Brother!
  • I didn't have internet service from 5 till around bedtime, so I couldn't get on to give you an update. My brother's surgery was not successful. The attempt to save his leg made matters worse. They are expecting to amputate his right leg sometime this next week. It looks like he will not get out of the hospital till after they do it. The doctor is talking with him today. My sister-in-law said for us not to come up today to give him time to deal with this. My heart is breaking for him. But like my sil said, "It could have been a lot worse." And she also said maybe with two prosthetics, he'll run in the Olympics.

It is so hard not to talk about this around people around here.
  • Sandra, my heart is sad. I pray your Brother will find a way to cope and have more happy days.
  • Vickie, I wish I had gotten back here before you saw my post. Thank you for your kind remarks.

I just hung up from talking with my sil. The doctor just told her that my brother's veins are flowing better today. They think the surgery was a success afterall!! Right now it's looking like he will not have his right leg amputated!!!!! We are all crying with joy. What a blessing!!
  • Ohhhhhh.....SO glad I checked her before my party! Thank you God.
  • Wow Sandra, I just read the bad & then good news !!!
    That is like a Christmas miracle !! So glad !!
  • We're thinking it's a Christmas miracle, too. I think we all cried harder when we got the good news than we did when we got the bad. Tears of joy are pretty darn good.
  • Sandra, I was sad then cried a few tears of joy too. How awesome and for sure a Christmas miracle.

I tried a new recipe tonight. I loved it. Healthy too. Here is the recipe....
    http://traderjoesrecipes.net/black-b...iladas-recipe/ ..... I used whole wheat flour tortillas instead of corn. I also used enchilada sauce (green one, not the red one) in place of salsa verde. It's a bean and sweet potato enchilada. Sounds weird but very tasty
  • Thank you all for the kind words.

Pam, that looks really tasty. Thank you for sharing.