IP Daily Chat 12/14/2012

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • A1Texan - great job!
    KAY - wow, impressed....Im keeping the prayers coming for that adorable son of yours!
    LIBERTYBELLE - started my alternatives today. the maple brown sugar oatmeal from proti diet tastes just like the real thing and it is unrestricted! I felt like I was cheating!

Having a great day today. Woke up a little too early when my son txted at 3:48am to tell me he had the wrong time for his friend's flight. It wasn't 6am it was 6pm so he wouldn't be home until around 5:30pm. He was supposed to be on the road at 3:30am...yes my heart was pounding....seriously, did he have to call SO EARLY to tell me that there was a 12 hour difference???? Guess who's gonna get woken up tomorrow early!!!! yup, my dearest son!!!!!
  • Quote: WI today with a loss of 3.2 lbs. So excited! Stayed OP through all the stress of the last two days. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers for my son. He is doing great this morning. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    Woo hoo! Sorry all you have been going through. My prayers go out to you and your soon.

Quote: I started IP this past Monday and have my first visit with my coach this afternoon. I'm excited because I feel like I've made headway.
    Welcome aboard! Good luck at weigh in.

Quote: I have to get it ALL done today- shopping, tree trimming, decorating. I'm exhausted just thinking about it you guys!!!

Have a wonderful Friday!
    Good luck with all the work.

Well had my 12th Weigh in and lost no pounds. I don't feel discouraged as this happened to me once before. Hoping for a great loss next week for my Christmas present. Hope everyone has a great day and a fun filled Holiday weekend.
  • Quote: Second day out of town went great! Had 3 IP packets, lots of lettuce/veggies, and then super fresh and delicious ahi tuna with cukes and tomatoes (my first since starting IP) and a salad for dinner. So far so good!

I have two very casual Christmas parties tonight and tomorrow night but they'll be very crowded and no one will care about what I'm eating or drinking. Even if they do, I'm getting quite good at saying I'm on a highly restricted diet and leaving it at that. (Some people are interested in the details since they're looking to lose weight, too! )
    Great job staying on track!! That's how you get it done

Quote: I have to get it ALL done today- shopping, tree trimming, decorating. I'm exhausted just thinking about it you guys!!!

Have a wonderful Friday!
    Oh boy, don't even want to think about the list of Christmas stuff I have to get done tomorrow! Finally got the playroom cleaned so that I could more the toys OUT of the living room and make space for our tree, but now comes the fun of decorating, finding and putting up the tree, and keeping my rambunctious boys from breaking anything
  • Someone posted earlier this week that one of the strategies they use to remain focused is to write the # of lbs left to lose on their wrist. I just want to THANK whoever that was! This is brilliant, so simple and yet so effective. When I am at work I can periodically come here and read through the posts, I'm focused and I stay on track (plus I don't have anything tempting in my fridge at work lol) When I go home I forget about the challenges and sometimes I slip up. Now with my "lbs to go" written on the base of my palm...anytime I reach for something I shouldn't, I see it...and I pull my hand back. It's the perfect way to find focus when I am stress eating!
  • Hi Everyone
    Weigh in tomorrow. No cheats this week (as usual), but still have no idea if I dropped anything. I seem to be dropping lbs but not inches.
    Anyways today at work, they handed out shirts w/ our work logo. They gave me a medium. (We didn't get to pick).
    I felt kinda nice that they think I wear that (I still am in XL) lol
  • BELLA great idea!!! I know of a place where i can get cheap slider charms may get 0-9 and put them on a silver bracelet! that will definitely keep me motivated!
  • Quote: BELLA great idea!!! I know of a place where i can get cheap slider charms may get 0-9 and put them on a silver bracelet! that will definitely keep me motivated!
    I love this idea!
  • Day 3 OP. Everything is going well and I am so pleased. I am a little stressed though because I have a Christmas party to go to tonight. Already making plans about that... no alcohol/no potatoes/no bread/no desert. BUT, I know I am having a salad and steak so that should be yummy!

Tomorrow will be challenging, too. I will be tailgating and attending the PA state playoff game with our local football team. I am still trying to plan how I will handle that one I guess I will have my main meal at lunch time... pack a big salad with chicken - and an IP drink? It's just going to be hard to bypass the chips, burgers, hot dogs, and beer. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Have a GREAT day!
  • Quote: I don't like to use the "My Fitness Journal" so I have been entering everything into "My Fitness Pal" on my computer and iPhone App. It makes it much easier...at least for me!

If you are interested, take a look at www.fatsecret.com. There is an app. and I am able to track my progress, print out meal calendars for my coach each week, and they have several progress graphs. I love it. All the IP foods are loaded to the search. Good luck to you.
  • Quote: BELLA great idea!!! I know of a place where i can get cheap slider charms may get 0-9 and put them on a silver bracelet! that will definitely keep me motivated!

I LOVE THIS IDEA! I will be looking for one myself this weekend. And again, this is why I love this site.
  • Quote: Day 3 OP. Everything is going well and I am so pleased. I am a little stressed though because I have a Christmas party to go to tonight. Already making plans about that... no alcohol/no potatoes/no bread/no desert. BUT, I know I am having a salad and steak so that should be yummy!

Tomorrow will be challenging, too. I will be tailgating and attending the PA state playoff game with our local football team. I am still trying to plan how I will handle that one I guess I will have my main meal at lunch time... pack a big salad with chicken - and an IP drink? It's just going to be hard to bypass the chips, burgers, hot dogs, and beer. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Have a GREAT day!
    You can make some zuchini or kale chips to bring along too. Sometimes I make muffins from the oatmeal or cookies from the shake mix to bring with when I have an event where there will be lots of food.
  • Quote: Someone posted earlier this week that one of the strategies they use to remain focused is to write the # of lbs left to lose on their wrist. I just want to THANK whoever that was! This is brilliant, so simple and yet so effective. When I am at work I can periodically come here and read through the posts, I'm focused and I stay on track (plus I don't have anything tempting in my fridge at work lol) When I go home I forget about the challenges and sometimes I slip up. Now with my "lbs to go" written on the base of my palm...anytime I reach for something I shouldn't, I see it...and I pull my hand back. It's the perfect way to find focus when I am stress eating!
    Such a great idea!!!!
  • I'm in my 3rd week now, lost 8.4 lbs, and feeling pretty good until today. I'm stressed over some life issues and feeling that emotional eating come into my mind. I keep thinking that no amount of food is quick gratification is worth the last 2 weeks I've been on the protocal, the 8.4 lbs I've lost, and joy I feel for sustaining a better way of eating and changing my life.
  • Thanks for the suggestion. My Fitness Pal does the same thing and it's nice to print out everything.
  • Great News at my first weigh in...6 lbs and an average of 2 inches everywhere. All of this in 4 days...love it!