Using cereal as coating?

• Has anyone tried the rice cereal packet pounded finely to coat zucchini for a light frying in olive oil?

Just wondering before I tried it...
  • I was wondering the same... if you try it, let us know!
  • I made zucchini oatmeal muffins instead
  • Use the southwest cheese curls - they work great! I made a healthy version of fried pickles this way.
  • Quote: Use the southwest cheese curls - they work great! I made a healthy version of fried pickles this way.
    Omg! I almost fell out of my chair!! Love fried dill pickles!!!must try this!
  • Tips for the "Fried" pickles - slice them thin. Dip in egg white and then roll in crushed SW cheese curls (I only had to use about 1/3 of a bag to do two pickles worth of slices). Cook in a non stick pan on high heat with a bit of olive oil. I used WF Thousand Island to dip!
  • Quote: Tips for the "Fried" pickles - slice them thin. Dip in egg white and then roll in crushed SW cheese curls (I only had to use about 1/3 of a bag to do two pickles worth of slices). Cook in a non stick pan on high heat with a bit of olive oil. I used WF Thousand Island to dip!
    Just a note. Grape Seed oil will hold up over high heat (above 250) better than olive oil does. Heat actually damages the fats in EVOO.
    This is why some folks are using coconut oil, even tho it isn't "officially" on the protocol. It holds up over heat better, as well.
  • My wife did this with sliced chicken breast- it made great chicken strips (which I miss having)
  • I also did this with filet of sole on Christmas Eve. I painstakingly picked the cereal apart from the milk power, crushed them up, coated the fish in egg whites then baked. Came out amazing!