Advise Please: Meal Swap

• I have stayed 100% OP except for the fact that I don't usually get all the food in.

I am a morning eater, usually skip supper if any meal. Do you see any reason why I couldn't do the big meal at breakfast and the packet at supper? Tran seems to recommend the big meal for mental and social reasons so that one can eat with their family and friends. But I think I could get in all the food if I flipped the day over. As well, my stomach is queasy and I don't get in all the supplements every day, but I feel like I could if I started the day off with more food in it.

Thoughts?

My only personal concern would be blood sugar dropping by morning (been hypoglycemic since I was a child) but think if I have my last packet late, all should be well.

Thank you!!!
  • I have had many days when my schedule made it easier to eat my " real" meal in the morning. I make an omelet using 2 eggs and an extra egg white with some of my veggies in it. Then I eat the rest of my veggies with lunch and dinner packets and a late evening protein shake or pudding holds me over until morning. Doing this schedule has not impeded my losses. Others on this site work unusual shifts and have to make these same changes to their eating schedules.
  • I think you can mix it up any way you like, but it is really important to get everything in. This is a very low calorie diet to begin with and you don't want to go into starvation mode!

I completely understand wanting to load up on more food early in the day - the small breakfast (shake) never seemed like a real breakfast to me. I did not do this regularly, but there were times I switched things around this way and there did not seem to be any effect on my losses.
  • There are many people who swap their meals (some do the protein meal at breakfast, some at lunch). You have to do what you need to in order to be successful, and if that means switching around your meals, give it a try!
  • I agree with the above posters. My coach, who is pretty strict about following the IP diet, allows people to switch their main meal around as suits them. Quite often (like today) I have had my main meal at lunch.