I ate a tsp of no fat refried beans. Will this affect ketosis?

• I have been on Medifast for a month now and have lost 18lbs. I have not cheated and resisted temptation. Today I made a pot of refried beans in a crockpot with no oil or fat. Just spices, beans and water.

My daughter said that they were really spicy so, I had about a tsp to taste. Will this throw me off of ketosis? I'm just really tired of being overweight and I'm stressed over this bite of beans and believe me if I'm going to be thrown off of ketosis then I'd rather it be for something tastier!

Has anyone had a bite of something not allowed and continue to lose?
  • I wouldn't think so... 1 tsp of refried beans is only about 50 calories.
  • Thank you! What's funny is I still lost a pound!! Yeah!!!
  • Ketosis has nothing to do with calories. It is solely dependent on the number of carbs you take in. MF limits are 80-100 carbs. If the carbs in the beans put you over that range, then yes, it could conceivably knock you out of ketosis. It was a very small amount so it probably didn't, but if you get into the habit of lots of bites, licks and tastes, then it can add up pretty quickly.
  • Thank you Robin 41. It's kinda hard to cook for the kids and not be able to taste just to ensure it taste ok but, I'd rather lose the weight so, I guess the kids will have either over or under seasoned food.