IP Daily Chat Thursday 11/29/2012

You're on Page 5 of 6
Go to
  • Quote: Jen, thank you for the words of encouragement! It's just what I need, I weigh in tomorrow and am hoping for a nice surprise, but will try not to be disappointed if that big loss isn't there. I'm going to stick with it and see where it takes me. OP ALL THE WAY! I can do this!

Yes, you can do this! OP ALL THE WAY! It's human nature to be disappointed when the scale doesn't move like we hope, just don't let it cause you to falter from the PRIZE! Jen
  • Anna, you will keep rocking IP on alternatives!!!! We are all here to help! Congrats on the new program, let us know how you're doing with school!
  • WI today....another 7 pounds gone!!!! I'm so excited...my clinic was closed last week for the holiday, so this is a 2 week loss, but still, super excited about 7 pounds gone forever This is just extra motivation to get through my upcoming week away on vacay....no cheating for this girl. Looking forward to seeing my family and especially my Grandpa who just celebrated his 87th birthday yesterday Have a great day everyone
  • Good Afternoon Everyone !!

Maezy I am soooo jealous !!! I always want to go but it's usually on a Saturday night and I work all night .

Congrats too all the losers this week!!!!!! I love this board !!!

Ok here's my problem: I usually eat around 7 or 8 at night (7 or 8oz of choice meat and 2 cups of veggie salad) I have my snack around 8;30 (last IP and lately it has been a chocolate drink not having my restricted to see if it makes a difference). I am suffering with hunger pangs late night around 11 or 12 to the point of almost grabbing something I know is not good for me. Can anyone tell me why I am experiencing these hunger pangs and how do I make them go away? Thank goodness for these boards I just start reading !!!
  • If having the restricted makes the hunger go away then I would switch back to it.
  • Another weigh in
    Well I just weighed in and I am down.75 I will take it. It has been a stressful week an I felt like binge eating...I didn't but just had a couple extra IP meals through the day. I am re-engaging this week so hopefully I will put better numbers up next week. Hope every one is well.
  • DezD, wish I could reach over and give you a big hug. Ditto what everyone has said: You have been through a very, very tough year and a painful loss. I'm impressed that you're already "up and at 'em" after losing your husband so recently. After I lost my mom earlier this year, I think I stayed in bed a month. Take it a day at a time - everyone is here to support you. Sending prayers and hugs your way.
  • Quote: Good Afternoon Everyone !!

Maezy I am soooo jealous !!! I always want to go but it's usually on a Saturday night and I work all night .

Congrats too all the losers this week!!!!!! I love this board !!!

Ok here's my problem: I usually eat around 7 or 8 at night (7 or 8oz of choice meat and 2 cups of veggie salad) I have my snack around 8;30 (last IP and lately it has been a chocolate drink not having my restricted to see if it makes a difference). I am suffering with hunger pangs late night around 11 or 12 to the point of almost grabbing something I know is not good for me. Can anyone tell me why I am experiencing these hunger pangs and how do I make them go away? Thank goodness for these boards I just start reading !!!
    I work 2nd shift, I am eating dinner right now. I won't have my snack until I get home, anywhere from 11:30-12:30. I drink most of my water while I am working so that keeps me full. Can you eat your snack later??
  • ninjaNurse I'm going to have to try that to see if I can get this under control. Thanks !!!
  • Quote: I'm having a kind of down day. I've been stuck at 171.6 for the past four days and then when I got on the scale today, I was up to 172.1 For some reason, on ANY diet I do, my body ALWAYS stalls out just before I hit the 160's I don't know what it is...and this is always the time I get discouraged and just quit. Not in a good place today
    I agree with others...do NOT weigh yourself daily. Once a week only. Those fluctuations are normal, but a lot of people stress so much about them that they can negatively effect their losses for real. Stress = poor weight loss. I know you will get below your sticking point, and keep going from there!

Quote: Suchawittygal - You know those cartoons where the angel is on one shoulder and the devil is on the other shoulder and they are both whispering thoughts in your ear. Well, the devil is telling you that "there is know way you'll ever get in the 160's. Why bother trying, you're just going to fail and make a fool of yourself again. Everyone around you knows it's a waste of time and look at all the wonderful holiday foods you're missing out on in the meantime!" Your IP family is the angel on your other shoulder. This is who you need to be listening to. In fact, why don't you have the angel go knock the devil off and when he lands on the ground - step on him!
    You CAN do this and you WILL do this and get to the 160's! My challenge to you is take the scale and drop it off at your neighbors or a friends. Don't step on a scale (unless it's at WI at the clinic) for 2 weeks. I will guarantee you'll be in the 160's by then. What is a lousy 2 weeks; they'll be gone before you know it (esp with the Holiday rush)! This is a HUGE step for you. You NEED to prove to yourself that you can get to the 160's and don't allow yourself to wallow in this mountain of a stall you've dreamed yourself into. Good Luck! Jen

DezD - my heart goes out to you. I'm so deeply sorry for your loss. I truly hope you have a wonderful support system around you. Please, know that your IP family here on 3FC want to be your on-line support system!
    The stress and emotional roller coaster that you've been on for the last year has to have been a wild heartbreaking exhausting ride. I believe the last thing you had time to take care of for the past year was yourself and that is totally 100% understandable. You need to give yourself all the grace you would offer anyone else in this situation if the roles were reversed. You did what you had to do to survive over that year, and if that means "eat with reckless abandon", well so be it. Today is a new day and although you no longer have your DH to physically share your life with - you can start to take time to care for yourself now and feel good about it. Whatever "damage" you may have done can totally be turned around. I find our bodies are often very forgiving to us. I agree with the other poster..... if you plan to go back to a clinic, then do so now and move forward full steam ahead with IP. You have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. I am so impressed that you've been back on IP for a week and a 1/2. I think that shows so much character - I know I probably would have used the "excuse card" a little longer and waited until AFTER the holidays. Welcome home to IP. I'm so excited to have you joining us (I'm a somewhat newbie and there are many wonderful new newbies and gurus around). xoxo Jen

AnnaBoBanna - Congrats on your acceptance into the nursing program; good for you! Yes, life is stressful and continuing your education while still having to be an adult and pay bills ranks pretty high up there. You will do fine on alternatives and you can and will get just as much support here on 3FC. Make yourself a commitment that no matter how busy you get with school/studies that you'll log on for "x" minutes daily. Don't let the days go by until they turn to weeks before logging on. It seems for the maintenance IPers that when they "allow" themselves to unplug from here, is when they start down that slippery slope of regaining. Give yourself a lot of grace during this time and don't go backwards - you've worked too hard to get where your at NOW. Even if you don't lose weight as fast during school (and on alternatives), you'll be amazed at how much you can still lose over a long period of time when you have to be so focused on school. Just get in a comfortable routine with the alternatives, like you've found on IP foods.
    If you phase off and have some holiday food before you start alternatives in the new year, try to make conscious choices and and be determined to be present in the moment when you make those choices (no hypnotic pigging out in front of the TV -lol, I speak from experience). I know you'll do well. I have really enjoyed your posts and you've been an inspiration to me. In fact, I'm looking forward to the day when you meet your goal and reward yourself with skydiving; it will be well worth the wait and effort. Jen

To everyone else - sorry for the long responses, but I was feeling very passionate!
    Jen - you have a wonderful, compassionate way of wording things! I totally agree with what you've written here.
  • Quote: I've been stuck at 188 for the last few days. TOM hit on Monday, which is also my WI day. I've been super frustrated, but trying to remember that I can't control it and to just let it pass. How long does the scale stay stubborn for others at their TOM?
    Last time the scale stopped moving for the week. Once TOM left, it sort of wooshed off. TOM is a total pain in the (_|_)!
  • Quote: Well.....I'm back after a long break and after gaining back almost 20lbs. I went through quite a bit this year with my husband being in and out of the hospital while undergoing chemo treatments. I definitely put my health on hold for a while and use the lack of time and resources as an excuse to eat with reckless abandon. He passed away in September and for the past two months or so I didn't pay much attention to my eating. I have been back on the diet for about a week and a half and am down a couple of pounds. I haven't gone back to my IP clinic (except to buy food), because I don't want to see just how much damage I did with my body fat until I get closer to where I was before.
    Dez, so sorry for your loss. You'll get the weight off in no time, don't be too tough on yourself for the gain.
  • Quote: Hi everyone, I haven't been posting much lately.

Very stressful times happening. I just got accepted into a nursing program to further my education, and of course they want money and health info and blah blah ASAP. I've been running around getting everything together, taking out loans, aand just driving myself crazy.

Unfortunately I won't be able to continue IP because my money is being drained by school, and I have to cut down my work hours. I think I am going to phase off for a bit and then jump in with alternatives after the holidays. I am going to try my hardest to maintain while off IP. Just so stressed about school, money, health.

I am thankful for the opportunities that have presented themselves, though. Just taking it one step at a time!
    First, CONGRATS on the nursing program! That is awesome!!! I was (still am at times) in the same boat. It is so hard to pay for school and this diet while working less. I switched to mostly alternatives and part IP (because there are a few IP products I love.) Switching made a HUGE difference in my budget. I agree with what Jen said, stay on the forum. We will all continue to support you. Stay low carb if you phase off. You can do this! Post what you eat and I know there are many people who will give you advice. Good Luck!
  • I bought 2 rotini packages, but the instructions aren't written on the bag. Can someone let me know how to make it?
  • Quote: Well.....I'm back after a long break and after gaining back almost 20lbs. I went through quite a bit this year with my husband being in and out of the hospital while undergoing chemo treatments. I definitely put my health on hold for a while and use the lack of time and resources as an excuse to eat with reckless abandon. He passed away in September and for the past two months or so I didn't pay much attention to my eating. I have been back on the diet for about a week and a half and am down a couple of pounds. I haven't gone back to my IP clinic (except to buy food), because I don't want to see just how much damage I did with my body fat until I get closer to where I was before.
    So sorry for your loss. Be gentle with yourself.