Soooo Over the 190's and 180's... Part 2

You're on Page 4 of 22
Go to
  • Hi guys!!

I've been away for a little while (away from here, not traveling and living life, just not logging in very often), and I'm both a little frustrated and excited today! Frustrated because since starting my weightloss in July I had been losing weight at an amazing pace, until one day when I just stopped doing all of the things that were working for me... And I keep wondering why??? I was doing so well, and I was enjoying the progress and was super motivated and actually, I didn't even mind working out (I felt so great in fact, because I could feel myself getting stronger). Then I went away for a week to visit family, and when I came home, I just never got back into the swing of things... Why? Sure there were other MAJOR pressures at home, but even those had been successfully overcome, and I could have been back on track for the past two months and I just didn't do it....

I'm really frustrated because my super model best friend is getting married in two months at a resort and all her supermodel friends will be there, and so will I... Had I stayed on plan, there wouldn't be a scramble to "do my best with the time I have left" before we leave, but as it is, scrambling to lose weight is exactly whats on the menu.

Sorry for the rant... But I am also excited because I got back to working out today and I seriously REALLY enjoyed it! So I'm excited to get back into the swing of things, and I'm hoping for great progress!

Only 3 pounds to go before I'm out of the 180's!!!!!!!
    So what do we think? 170's by next week?
  • 1yr2mkovr, don't worry! Ou will have fun and you are doing weight loss for the benefits of a lifetime, not just a night or two or three. I know I wish I was thinner than I am before visiting my sister in LA, but the end result will still be the same, good times had with good people and a year from now when I am thin, healthy and happy I won't remember what I looked like during my visit to LA, but how much fun I had. (I hope)

That being said, I feel like I'm stuck, it has only been a week at 184, but it feels like eternity. I want to see 180 so badly! I am impatient, but I know that the longer it takes for weight to drop off it the slower it is to return. Or so the experts say.
  • I also wanted to add that 2 months is a good amount of time to have a goal in mind! I am also doing some exercise, running, yoga and some Hiit workouts (fitnessblender online, YouTube)

I'm sure that two months from now with the dedication you put into your diet and exercise you will look great!
  • Thanks so much Anna!

Yeah, I'll have to keep my eyes on the ball for a little while, but I think I'll be able to make some progress between now and then.

And, you're right about this now being a destination specific goal. There are other exciting things that will be happening this upcomming year (no to mention the rest of my life, lol!) and so I just need to keep going with it!

Thanks again!
  • Quote: 189 TODAY!!! And I haven't even worked out for a few days

Shrinkberry CONGRATS hopefully I will breeze through these next 10 lbs and join you in the next decade
    Thanks! I hope so too. I saw 179.8 on the scale again this morning, although I left a huge puddle of sweat under my spin bike at the gym last night. So, some of the loss may be water. I'm not quite convinced that I'm in the 170's for good just yet. Fingers crossed.
  • Quote: Hi guys!!

I've been away for a little while (away from here, not traveling and living life, just not logging in very often), and I'm both a little frustrated and excited today! Frustrated because since starting my weightloss in July I had been losing weight at an amazing pace, until one day when I just stopped doing all of the things that were working for me... And I keep wondering why??? I was doing so well, and I was enjoying the progress and was super motivated and actually, I didn't even mind working out (I felt so great in fact, because I could feel myself getting stronger). Then I went away for a week to visit family, and when I came home, I just never got back into the swing of things... Why? Sure there were other MAJOR pressures at home, but even those had been successfully overcome, and I could have been back on track for the past two months and I just didn't do it....

I'm really frustrated because my super model best friend is getting married in two months at a resort and all her supermodel friends will be there, and so will I... Had I stayed on plan, there wouldn't be a scramble to "do my best with the time I have left" before we leave, but as it is, scrambling to lose weight is exactly whats on the menu.

Sorry for the rant... But I am also excited because I got back to working out today and I seriously REALLY enjoyed it! So I'm excited to get back into the swing of things, and I'm hoping for great progress!

Only 3 pounds to go before I'm out of the 180's!!!!!!!
    So what do we think? 170's by next week?
    Yes, If you workout and stick to plan that 7 will definitely show up on the scale next week or the following. Absolutely.

As for the wedding, two months is a long time and you can really make some progress if you stay on plan. That said, you've come a long way, if you find a flattering dress you will look awesome even if you just drop a little. But, just so you get an idea of where you can be in a couple of months, below are my goals for the next two(ish) months. To get there, you don't need to scramble you simply need to be consistent and on plan. You can do it if you put your mind to it and put the time in. Anyway, I'm rooting for you (and for me too).

1/1/2013 175
    2/1/2013 167
    3/1/2013 160
  • Welcome back 1 yr!!!! Definitely remember that you may not be where you wanted to be in this time frame BUT you are much farther then if you had done nothing at all

Ive been stuck losing and relosing the same 7 lbs over the last few months but I know Ive lost this weight before I got pregnant with my last 2 kids I can do it again. Look how far we've come!!!!

My original goal was to be at goal by january 18th but obviously that isnt going to happen and Im ok with that. Now shooting for My 29th birthday at the end of May.

LETS DO THIS
  • Thank you all soooo much!!! I know I'll be able to make some good progress I stayed on plan yesterday and woke up this morning at 181.6!!!

I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!

My hubby and I will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary (dating anniversary, since we dated for five years before getting married) the first weekend of January, and I'm looking forward to wearing some of my old dresses on our weekend away!! (they are beautiful dresses that I bought for our honeymoon after I lost a bunch of weight, then wore them all once before gaining all the weight back... So they're old, but they're new too .)

I'm really hoping this will be my last week in the 180's!!!
  • Quote: Thanks! I hope so too. I saw 179.8 on the scale again this morning, although I left a huge puddle of sweat under my spin bike at the gym last night. So, some of the loss may be water. I'm not quite convinced that I'm in the 170's for good just yet. Fingers crossed.
    I would just move on to the 170's group!!! 179.8 counts as 170's!

I usually move onto the next category as soon as I see a glimpse of that number because it keeps me motivated to stay in that category.

• Quote: I would just move on to the 170's group!!! 179.8 counts as 170's!

I usually move onto the next category as soon as I see a glimpse of that number because it keeps me motivated to stay in that category.

Thanks. You will be there too very, very soon.
  • Hmmm okay 180s I'm sooo bored here
  • Hey guys, I'm jumping in on this one. I'm currently 187.6 and won't have scale access for a while (January 7th). I'm hoping to at least lose four pounds by then. My eating is horrendous but starting now I will count calories and fuel my body properly.
  • Ive been within calories but not eating 100 %!! next 3 days I will be working constantly so no choice but to be OP!!
  • Well so much for working all weekend Ive been super sick since 330am friday morning. Almost had to go to the hospital for dehydration. I was 191 when I hopped on the scale when I started feeling sick and 184 this morning from all the fluid loss:/
  • 185.8 today. I can't not wait to see the 170s!