What is your NSV this week?

You're on Page 6 of 32
Go to
  • Garnet - I LOVE that sweater. Where did you find it!!

--

I saw someone today whom I've not seen for months: "You look like a different person!"

Quote:
    I ate out with the hubby. I enjoyed food I liked but made sure it was within my calories. I even treated myself to a cheddar bay biscuit. When I felt full, I stopped eating my biscuit. I also had my salad dressing on the side and saved so much dressing by just dipping my salad in the cup. I had half the salad dressing left!
    Hah, I love that trick. Another one to consider: dip your fork in the dressing BEFORE getting your salad on the fork. You'll eat even less dressing.
  • NSV of the week - I haven't killed the hubs. It's been close but I keep repeating, "You don't look good in county orange. You don't look good in county orange."

I've yet to turn to typical comfort foods, no runs to sonic for a dt dr pepper with lime, no twix, no bk, no nothing but healthy on plan calorie counted food.
  • rugby nsv
    Angihas - what are you talking about??? I'm a Tennessee grad, so I'm pretty sure EVERYBODY looks good in County Orange. 80,000 Vols fans in Neyland Stadium can't be wrong!

But it's far better to wear it as a choice and not as a sentence

My NSV - well...I dressed out for a team sport for the first time in 25 years on Sunday. Women's rugby. I didn't actually get to play, but I don't think it's far off. And my team won!!

• Angihas

As for me, my NSV was having my niece tell me today that I'm looking narrower....as she put it "not so wide" anymore.
  • I hope this is an nsv because it involves no scale, which by the way I had to google nsv. Lol. My nsv goal is for the tape measure to read 29 inch waist. I am only about 1/2 away. Other than a period in my life when I was freakishly thin at under 100, not by choice I have never passed 29 inch
  • I lost 2.5 inches off my waist and 2 inches off my ribcage in January. ^___^
  • I made homemade runzas yesterday...ate one portion,wrapped the rest up and called my sister to come pick up dinner for her and her family.I do have one serving for lunch today,but that's it.
  • AlmostMe - I'm from a small town in Alabama, nobody looks good in county orange.

NSV - I had to tie my sweats!!! I'd walk through the house and sliding down they'd go, so I tied them!!!
  • Angihas - I'm a small town Tennessean. I was once in a gas station buying smokes behind this guy in orange coveralls. Didn't even cross my mind he was a guest of the county until he joined the rest of the chain gang.

But you KNOW he looked good

Really shouldn't even tell these things to a Bama girl.
  • I had to get my boyfriend to take a link out of a choker necklace that was starting to droop. I also had to adjust the belt on my apron for work today. Oddly enough, my shoes are already fitting more loosely. I knew that would happen, I just didn't expect it to be one of the first changes.
  • I started -- and completed -- day one of a couch-to-5K program! I actually RAN a little bit! There is NO way I could have jogged for even a minute 73 lbs ago.
  • After almost 4 months of trying, I finally had 3 weeks in a row that my hydration was over 50% and my body fat is down over 20%.

The clothes that were too tight 6 weeks ago are now too big and I finally gave in and bought new proper fitting underwear and they don't look like small parachutes!

Oh and... I finally closed on my new house!!!!!!!!!
  • This may seem like it has nothing to do with weight loss, but for me it does. I got three teeth pulled today. I have never taken much care of my health, and I was in denial about it for a long while. Now that I'm thinner and healthier, I knew I wanted a beautiful smile.
  • I finished Week 1 of the Couch-to-5K program. :-)
  • Good for you RadioJane! Interesting how taking control of our weight and getting healthy in that way wants us to be healthy all around. I think that is a huge NSV!