NOVEMBER Feather's Chat!

You're on Page 5 of 20
Go to
  • LeilaJey : Aww, is your jaw/mouth feeling a bit better? I HATE going to the dentist. 134's! you're getting so tiny!!! I'm getting jealous, everyone is loosing so well right now and I can't help but stuff my face BWHAHA

Joss : Those cookies looks delish!| Can't beleive it's with the noodles you all praise about How are you doing at your boyfriend's house?

Bayzee : Thanx for the scones recipe! I might try it sometimes. I never tried scones but I always see tons of recipes of them on Pinterest and I was always curious!

Mottaini : Oh, I love BC and Vancouver and I would move there ANYTIME, but I think the lack of snow in the city would get the better of me You good and greater new defenitely make up for the loss of the ID card. So you speak japanese? That is awesome!

pixellate : yeah, running in the falling snow could be romantic if I wasn't all by myself in the trails Nice romance moment with me myself and I heheh!

Hey Feathers!

All my nice November goals are having a hard time. I'm still up and stable to 138.6 this morning. I'm starting to push away the water weight theory : my stomach is sticking out but not in a hard water weight way, it's like all there and flabbyyyy.

I had trouble since sunday with the remains of the broken cake just hanging around in my kitchen. I ate way too much of it... At least now it is gone. I really do have to get some control on myself from now on.

I ran monday and yesterday, so I only have to go 2 other times until sunday to make it to my new goal of 4 times a week. i have to be careful though, I think I'm pushing it too much since I got hurt. The foot is feeling all fine, but I have some pain at the hip joint of my right legs.. Red a bit online, they say hip flexor pain is frequent for runners when you increase the intensity of the training. It feels like my body is falling appart lately
  • Just spent about a half hour writing personals, the server was restarted here at work and it was all lost. Almost cried. Now I just feel defeated.

In summary - Hope you all are doing well. Hugs to those who need hugs. Hive fives to those who are rocking it. Those cookies make me hungry.

UG UG UG! Can't believe I lost all that work!

149 today! I honest to GOD never thought I'd ever see the 140s again in my life. It seemed SO far away when I started out. I'm living proof that the only limitations we have are the ones we set on ourselves (well, there are some exceptions to that I suppose). Even though I thought I couldn't do it, I figured it wouldn't hurt to try! Now I think I can acheive my dream goal of seeing the 130s for the first time ever! I mean what's another 9 pounds!? 9 seems like such a measly number, though I know they won't be a fast or easy 9. Anyway, feeling pretty good today!!!
  • Wednesday…the hump day!
    Hope everyone is keeping well. I got home very late from work and after a stressful day, I went right for a glass of wine. I rarely drink the during the work week, so I must of REALLY needed it! Well…so I convinced myself!

My eating is OP and I hope to lose 1 lb CONSISTENTLY this week. My official weigh-ins are Friday, so we will see. I’ve changed my attitude towards losing, realizing that slow and steady is better than the rollercoaster weigh-ins from the past couple of weeks. My mood is way better, and DH is much happier about that too! LOL!
    I’m still calorie cycling and I am more focussed and energized during workouts so far this week. Still trying to stay under 50g carbs per day.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Leila…Always lots of drama with my sister. I already got the “so sorry” text. I wish she’d just take a day to chill out before she freaks out on everyone.
    I’m totally an apple shape, but since losing some weight, I’m totally losing it on top…not on the belly! Totally sucks! Down 2 bra sizes!

Joss…I hope you have a great visit with your husband. Good for you for taking time for yourself! Work will still be there..take care of yourself first!

Pixel…I’m off July and August and it’s SO hard to stick with a healthy eating plan. I “pretend” I’m working…so I make of list of things to do to stay busy (shopping, junking out, exercise) and I have to plan my meals. I tend to shop for food more day by day when I’m off, just so it gives me something to do. I always gain about 10 lbs when I’m off. Still trying to lose 7 of those from this summer!

Turbo…Don’t panic on your goals yet…It’s only November 7th. have you ever tried Pilates? Many runners take classes with me and they say it really helps with injuries. Plus, It’s core exercise! About the sweets…You are like me but I’m the same with chips! If they are in the house, I will eat them.

Lockit up
    …Yay and congrats! Are you doing anything differently?

Monttainai…You always seem so focussed, even when you allow yourself a treat. Congrats on the trip…sounds like fun.
  • I got my ID back this morning! It was pretty funny actually- I was getting a new one, already took the picture, was literally handing over my bank card to pay for it, and then one of the employees comes over and says, "Hey, this is yours. Some lady just dropped it off, said she found it on the bus." So I got it back without having to get a new one!! Yay. So I got to go to the gym today too, which made me very happy.

I'm struggling a bit with not letting myself slip into "extreme mode." Especially with the date of my trip coming up, I am catching myself starting to make those ultimate plans, you know, I'm going to this and this and NEVER this and if I lose XX.XXX pounds each day and then water fast the last day I'll be XXXX on exactly this date and when I get on that plane I'm gonna be so freaking skinny!!..... That's so my personality, I love making those little plans, lol. I KNOW from experience that those never actually last. I'm doing way better right now allowing myself zero pressure and zero deadlines and planning in massive treat days. I KNOW that, but I still wish I could really push myself and be all strict and get those results quick. I could be losing a whole 1-2 pounds more a week if only I cut out the binge-like refeeds.... technically I could, but practically I'm like 100% sure I would actually just go straight back to just doing it compulsively and even more often than once a week eventually. So I'm determined to stick it out like I am now....it's just, I wish I didn't have to. You know?

I'm so ready to be back to the normal eating part of my plan. I was worried yesterday that I'd feel compelled to binge again today, but I really just don't, would rather do as planned and wait for next week. I felt so nasty yesterday, not emotionally or mentally, just physically. I consumed SOOOO much dairy yesterday and other than binges I never eat it, so it really gives me digestion issues and my stomach gets so huge and pregnant-looking. You'd think that would discourage me from eating like that, but nope. haha

---------------------

Leila- Ooh, sorry to hear about your mouth! My husband has the same jaw problems as well, it sounds so awful. I hope the mould helps you!!

Turbo- I'm sure you can get back up on those goals of yours!! I don't particularly like cake, but I can just imagine it would be so tempting to nibble on when you've got them sitting around. Please do be careful with the running. It'll be a million times better to take it slow than to get hurt, eh?

Lockitup- Oh gosh, that has happened to me several times, losing all my writing here! So many congratulations on the 140s!!! That's a great milestone. You're inspiring for me, for real! Keep it up.

Bayzee- Going slow with the weightloss is a great idea. It's SO hard for me to do and accept (was actually just about to write a new post about it), but I know from experience that it works so much better to not put too much pressure on.
  • Hello lovelies! I made it to Colorado to see my husband and so far all is well. He is at work right now, and I've had a somewhat productive day so far. Hit the gym, got some groceries, and started networking a bit and making some appointments to go meet with the admissions folks at the school I want to attend.

I got up and hit the local 24-Hour Fitness for a workout, and instead of charging me the $15 day pass fee the guy at the counter just let me workout for free! Nice! Normally when I'm here my husband and I go use the Group Gym on base but he's out at the demo range today and I can't get into the gym without his access key. I'll go to 24-Hour Fitness again tomorrow but after that he is off of work and can take me to the Group gym. I like it much more; no weirdos in there wearing things they have NO BUSINESS wearing, no commerical Globo-gym feel to it; just weights, hardcore music, and America's Finest in there tossing iron around. My kind of place.

The hard part about being here is, as usual, the eating. I ate on plan while I was traveling yesterday, and so far so good today. Here I can cook for myself and all of that, but my husband is going to ask me to go out to eat at some point, I just know it! It's a bit easier now that I've explained to him that I've had trouble eating well lately, though he will never fully understand. I think just reminding him that I have a photo shoot coming up and Thanksgiving is right around the corner should do the trick. I just don't want him to be upset if he and I get invited out for dinner or drinks and I don't want to go.

I think today I am going to go check out a couple of tattoo shops in town to see about getting my sleeve finished. I want to add a bit more to the top and bottom in order to soften up the hard borders. I'll post pictures if I get any work done!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Mottainai - Thats great that you got the situation with your ID taken care of, and that you were able to get into the gym for a workout! If I had plans to go to the gym and then couldn't for some reason it would throw me off plan for sure! I'm totally a creature of habit.

I can definitely relate about the deadlines and pressures as well. I like to track things and plan everything, but when I do that and end up going off plan it messes with me so badly! My goal was two planned 'treat days' for November and when I ended up going off plan on Sunday it totally flipped me out. LOL, enough to the point that I ended up deciding I need help and to talk to someone about my stress issues... so it was a good thing after all in that way.

I wish I had some better advice but really I think you are doing what's best for you right now. You have already come SO FAR in such a short period of time and it seems like your new plan of allowed treat days is working for you at least for now. Maybe eventually you can cut them down or out entirely, but I say if it aint broke, don't try to fix it!

Bayzee - Normally when I gain a couple of holiday/vacation pounds I get them off in a week or two and that means losing it pretty quickly... but right now I am totally in agreement with you that slow is better. Sometimes the situation and mental state we are in needs to dictate how we proceed with our diet and exercise programs. For me, I would LOVE to lose a couple of pounds before my photo shoot (OMG I just realized it is in like 9 days... holy crap!) and historically I have been able to lose 2-4 pounds in that amount of time... but right now I'm just hoping to stay on plan and not gain anymore! Ugh!
    Honestly I think for most of us dealing with the upcoming holidays and all of that stuff just maintaining is a monumental accomplishment!

LockItUp - Ugh, that's the worst when you lose all that typing! I do that crap all the time and it's so frustrating. I have started typing in a word document and then pasting it into the window but it makes weird spacing errors and then I have to go back and fix it which takes twice as much time. Grrr. We all know you love us and we understand.

CONGRATULATIONS on the weigh-in today! That is FANTASTIC! I am seriously so happy for you and I hope you are walking around glowing today. I would be if I hit a milestone like that!

Turbo - Yeah I was pleasantly surprised by those cookies. They turned out SOOO chocolatey and the PB2 filling was a stroke of genius, if I do say so myself. I will definitely make them again in the future.

Take care of those legs of yours! I know it's obnoxious when you talk about things like that online and then everyone chimes in with their horror stories... but I'm going to do it anyway! hahaha
    When I started increasing my mileage a couple of years ago and was getting sore in my hip I also attributed it to tight hip flexors since I know that is common. I stretched and stretched but nothing helped. It turned out I had a stress fracture to the head of my femur, and since I didn't stay off of it because I thought it was tight hip flexors I ended up doing so much damage that I had to have surgery to pin my femur together. Not cool. Anyway, my point is just to make sure that if you have ANY doubts about your body and how it should be feeling get checked out.

I feel like my November goals are having a hard time too! You know what though? It's still early in the month, we both had our eating issues/slip-ups but it's not too late to get back in line with those goals!

Leila - Dude, make some s'mores! All you need is graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate. I'm SURE you can get your hands on all those things! Even if you can't properly roast them over a campfire you can put the graham crackers on a baking sheet with a piece of chocolate on them, and then put a marshmallow on top. Pop them in the oven under the broiler for a minute or two and then top with a second graham cracker. Boom! S'mores!

Uh, not that I'm telling you to eat that stuff... but you know, should you have a treat meal...

I hope your jaw feels better!

Pixelllate - Welcome back into the chat... we missed you around here! I'm sorry you've been struggling lately, and I can definitely sympathize. Be gentle with yourself. I know it's easier said than done but you only have one life and one body, and if I'm learning ANYTHING lately it's that you need to take care of yourself. You can't always be your fittest/leanest/healthiest/best version of yourself, but as long as you keep your chin up you can get yourself through the patches when you aren't feeling your best.
  • Turbo Did TOM come yet? Are you expecting it? I only know exactly (pretty much) when it's coming because I've saved my daily weigh ins for the past few months.

That sucks about your hip! Don't push yourself tooooo hard if you're injuring yourself, I'm glad your foot's doing ok though.

What do you think's going on food wise? I know you're at home a lot and that can make things difficult - especially if there's a free cake there. I couldn't do it either.

Well I'm probably not really 134 but hey you're 2 inches taller so I'm still bigger :P

LockItUp Agh I hate it when that happens! I always copy my posts every few lines because of that.

Congratulations on 149! I remember how I felt when I hit the 140s too, it was pretty damn awesome. You've done great, well done!

Bayzee I only heard about hump day a few months ago, not sure if I mentioned it before but hump means something very different over here haha

1lb a week is quite a lot for someone your size! I know the feeling, and I often see heavier people on here talking about there 5lb a week weightloss and I'm like 'ahhh damn'.

mottainai You seem to be doing really well though, I understand the frustrations of wanting it to go faster but it's really a delicate balance.

That's really great that you got your ID back, must be relieved!

JossI don't think we have graham crackers but we might have something similar. Maybe next time I have people over I'll try it, it's probably dangerous though.. I like to live on the edge

I love that the guy let you in to work out for free, stuff like that is the best.

Good to hear that you're well over there anyway, some quality time with your husband and planning for college sound great for your stress levels.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I was running the couch to 5k thing yesterday I was going to run down the road towards the bull but stop and turn around before I got near him, but as soon as I turned into the road I saw 2 dogs in the distance (I would say small to medium dogs) and well they saw me and didn't like what they saw I guess so they started barking like crazy and running towards me really fast. As I said good thing I've started running because I just ran and ran.. So I guess I need a new running route. Unfortunately my other options right there are a big hill and a spooky little road that goes on for a while with lots of old farm buildings.. so um, TV & movies have led me to believe that's not safe.

Up the hill it is, I guess :\

Just here waiting for TOM.. blah, want it to be gone for my weekend away.
  • Quote: 149 today! I honest to GOD never thought I'd ever see the 140s again in my life.
    I know what you mean. I was overweight so long that when I FINALLY saw 149p I said... Thank. God.

Congrats!
  • I WANT TO CRY

I had written the LONGEST PERSONNALS TO EVERYONE EVER and I just X-ed the browser.

SOOOOO frustrating!!

Sorry, but frustration is making it impossible to start again lol. God, I'm so dumb!

In summary, yay for lockitup for the 149, seems you got the same karma as Krampus for randomly finding your ID, mottaini , bayzee it's better to give in a bit of wine than eating your life away with all the stress you had yesterday, joss, happy you're happy at your hubby and thanx for the advice on the hip, i really appreciate it , leila, stay safe when you run! Bulls and dogs and creepy farms! We like you when you workout but we like you even better alive

Down to 136.6 today! I don't know if it is because my boyfriend moved the scale of because I pooped and peed all day yesterday. Anyway, I'LL TAKE IT!

I'm trying to focus on drinking more water when I'm at home. At the lab it was easy, I was carrying my bottle everywhere around. I realized that here, i was jsut drinking a few glad a day compared to like 1.8 to 2L at the lab.

I'm doing much better foodwise. Yesterday we had poached egg with dried tomato pesto on WW english muffins for dinner, YUMMM. I also baked a light version of dessert, some zucc brownies with applesauce. They are not like my usual recipe of brownies, but for a weekdays dessert, they are doing the job

I also took out of my freezer a pattie of red kidney beans veggie burger I prepared the other day. The boyfriend won't touch those, but I just like them so much. I'm gonna eat it for lunch on an english muffin.

My birthday being tomorrow but our dinner with friends only being saturday, my boyfriend asked me too picked whatever I want to eat tomorrow night. I picked some finger foods stuff, so we could enjoy a nice fun meal, he's going to make his asian and tandoori homemade chicken wings on the grill and some blue cheese stuffed date. I'll make sure to have a light lunch tomorrow LOL

Finally, I'm following all your thoughtful advices on the hip situation. I had a rest day yesterday and it's feeling btter today. I think I'm pushing it too hard. Even if my heart is screaming me to go for a run today, I'll take another rest day and just go out for a run tomorrow. Gotta listen to what the body is telling you!
  • Morning, Feathers!
    Just a quick check-in for now, will try to stop by later for personals. (:

I feel my motivation is a bit low today. Probably would definitely be binging if I had money with me, but again, I don't, so I'm not. I feel like I was writing exactly the same thing last Thursday, haha. Well, it makes sense: before I got on this better track, Thursdays were my #2 binge days, a close second behind Tuesdays. But anyway, I'm sure today'll be fine and OP after all.

I had kind of a weird thought...sometimes I wonder if my main motivation for losing weight isn't solely to be able to eat (read: binge) without guilt or consequence. I think sometimes it's true! Kind of rings...sad, I guess? I mean, of course there are other better reasons too, but sometimes that's the foremost one in my mind, I think! Hm.

In other news, there's been a weird and annoying strike thing going on at my school. The TAs and other employees are mad about their contracts and job security or something...so we've been not receiving grades, having classes cancelled, buses rerouted, all sorts of crap. I don't like it at all-- I like things the same way all the time and change is no good! lol. Luckily today is not so bad...

Have a nice day, everyone!!
  • Mottainai - I relate to your thoughts about losing weight to be able to eat without guilt. The smaller I get the more I feel unjudged for eating whatever. For example I just ate a Nutty Bar (instead of lunch lol) here in my classroom in front of all of the students (we sell them, so they could have one too I wasn't being mean), whereas when I was obese I NEVER would have done that for fear of calling attention to my fatness. Although, you certainly are not by any stretch of the imagination anything but thin NOW!

Turbo - What is it with us all here losing our personals. It's so frustrating when that happens! I LOL'd at your line "pooped and peed all day"!!! Do you have a foam roller? I had some hip issues running too and the roller (on top of proper rest) seemed to help. Gosh I need to go for a run, I haven't been out forever!

Novangel - Thank you! I feel like the 140s are some sort of really huge deal in my head and I have been walking around on cloud 9!

Leila - I have some issues with places to run outside too! I really really really hate loose dogs. I have 2 dogs so it's not a fear of dogs in general, but dang people get mauled all the time! I do NOT want to be that chick who had her ear bit off while going for an evening job. Or any other horrible thing that happens to women running alone. BOO! I need a tazer and mase to take with me!

Joss - Nice! Free workout! "no weirdos in there wearing things they have NO BUSINESS wearing" THAT made me LOL!!! One time at my gym I actually moved to a different treadmill because there was a person that hopped on the elliptical in front of me wearing something just outrageous and I couldn't stop STARING at their a$$, and NOT in a good way, it was SO incredibly distracting. I mean rock whatever you want to wear, but be considerate of others at the same time, ya know, be appropriate!

Bayzee - The only thing I'm doing differently is not being as crazy lol. I decided to stop counting calories, and to stop being so damn hard on myself, and to try and just maintain my weight, and all of a sudden I start losing like crazy. I've lost more in the past 8 days of November than I did in ALL of October! And I was super crazy in October too. Idk, I guess there's something to be said for moderation afterall. Go figure! :P\

Took my 3 year old to the dentist today, her 2nd check up ever. She would not let them do ANYTHING. She did so well last time too and actually was looking forward to this visit. She just started crying and saying she was scared so I didn't force it, there really wasn't anything I could force anyway, if she won't open her mouth she won't open her mouth. I was torn between feeling mortified and feeling slightly proud that she took a stand on what she would/wouldn't allow done to her body even with 4 adults telling her otherwise. She wasn't screaming or being rude just said nope and cried a little. Being a parent is hard, sometimes I feel like I don't know what the h-e-l-l I'm doing!

148 today. I guess it wasn't a fluke yesterday. CRAZY! Can't wait until I can fit into my wedding dress. Do those run small btw?! Mine is a 12 and it just won't zip all the way yet. I was 142 when I got married in '06, so I'm close, but it's like my back is wider. It fits in the waist but I feel like it's weird I can fit into an 8 pant but not a 12 wedding dress???
  • LockItUp strange question but are your boobs bigger since betting married? That could contribute to the top not closing up. And YES they run small. Crazy small.

~Katy
  • Kakers, You know, they might be bigger. I was in a 36 or 34 C when I got married I think. All of my bras now are 38 D now but they are also all big. SO I have no idea what size I really am. But it's also 2 kids later, so my boobs are definitely different! They very well may be bigger. Good call!
  • Turbo hehe, good summary! It is really frustrating when that happens. I copy all of the text every few lines now just in case as a few times I pressed some button by accident and it changed the page. Grr!

Can you do some exercise that doesn't affect your hip in the same way? Like would cycling piss it off or would that be ok? Or maybe try some yoga/pilates on the 4th day.

A very big happy birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuuu have a wonderful day/weekend!

mottainai Hey hope you're doing ok! Just another few days until your refeed and you'll enjoy that so much more and be guilt free about it. I think anything that messes with your routine will bring on those feelings.

LockItUp Yeah I absolutely love dogs, I just hate people that don't look after/train/stop their dogs from attacking/chasing random people. I'm pretty rural and there aren't many people running/walking/cycling around so I guess some places don't bother. There was some other dog that used to chase me on my longer cycles but it was at the bottom of the hill so I could just fly past it thankfully.

I can understand the dentist being upsetting, it can be pretty invasive having somebody poking around in your mouth. And you're right, it's good if she's able to stand up for herself against adults in relation to something physical like that. Right on!

Congrats on 148, you're flying through the 140s

kakers Howdy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Just popping in quick! I'm sooo tired, TOM just arrived and I watched my friend's kids for a few hours earlier. I tried to get some exercise in with them anyway by running around outside which was good at least. TOM + other people's children = no fun.

134.8 this morning, I imagine tomorrow will greet me with bloat, red face mountains and anger. Yay! Just in time for my weekend away. I ate pretty good again today but I'm heading away tomorrow and I won't be back until Monday.. I am going to have a lot a lot a lot a lot of delicious food temptations this weekend. Over eating = fine, going way overboard = not fine. Having dinner with friends etc, ah well, really looking forward to it.

Have a great weekend ladies
  • Whirlwind!

Just a quick hello and big congrats to LockItUp making it to the 140s. My wedding dress does not fit, ether, and I weigh almost ten pounds less than my wedding day. My rib cage expanded during pregnancy and has never gone back. Fits everywhere else. How weird!
  • I don't think I could get my wedding dress on, and my wedding was 6 months ago. LOL I'm only a couple pounds more than I was, but it really was that snug a fit that day. At least, my ceremony dress. I made the good call to get a separate dress for the reception, to dance in, which was particularly good given that I couldn't quite sit in the trumpet style ceremony dress.

So, sorry for the lack of personals, except the one fly by LOL as you can tell I have been reading just not posting. So busy lately! Been staying under 155 though (except today) which has made me happy. Yesterday I went a little overboard before bed, my husband made pillsbury cinnamon rolls and I had... 4. Yeeaahhh... even though it was gymnastics day, that was WAY over doing it. Today I started strong trying to stay under to make up for yesterday but my clients neighbor had brought over fresh made rolls, like home made not from a mix or frozen or anything, so they offered me one. YUM. Then my husband suggested Wendy's for dinner. Yeah yeah, I know, but we rarely do separate dinners when we are actually eating together. BUT even with the Wendy's I'm only 90 calories over my typical daily goal, IF I eat the last 2 nuggets.

Incidentally, I have also been low on soda the past couple days. I have this unusual theory that the more diet soda I drink and the more I pee the more weight I will lose. So far, the week I was drinking more water and less soda (and drinking more overall) I peed less and weighed more. So now that we got groceries tonight and I will be drinking more soda again (and more tea, stocked up on green tea for my keurig too) we will see what happens LOL

I have also noticed that I tend to get to a lowest weight since trying to lose, then go up a few pounds, then go back down even lower. It helps me mentally seeing this trend so I know, ok, put back on a couple pounds but keep at it and it's gonna be gone before I know it and then some. I was 152 on the 2nd, and 154 the past couple days. Today I didn't actually weigh myself when I got up cause I was running so late so I'm not really sure. We will see tomorrow where I am at.

~Katy