people are telling me not to lose anymore

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • It's irritating me, people keep telling me not to lose anymore weight but for my height I'm still overweight and I want to lose 10-15 more pounds. What's a nice way of telling them to mind their business?
  • stop telling them you are losing weight. Tell them you are "maintaining"
  • Just smile, say nothing, and do whatever it is you wish to do. Just because they say it doesn't mean you have to give them any power over you.
  • Smile, nod, and do what you want anyway!
  • Yeah and if they say something about eating healthy or your exercising just say this is your new life style and you plan to keep your hot new body
  • DO SAY: "I appreciate your input. I just want to be healthy and lead a healthier lifestyle, that's all. Weight is not my focus."

DO NOT SAY: "But for my height I'm still overweight and I want to lose 10-15 more pounds."
  • I would LAUGH (important!) and say "You're getting kind of personal, aren't you?" with humor. That does make people stop and think about how rude they are being, and kind of turns the tables without being rude myself.
  • People get envious. Don't talk about it and continue on.
  • Just keep going and don't mention your weight or diet. Works like a charm....
  • They're just trying to give you a complement. It's a thing people say.
  • I smile, nod, and sometimes laugh non-commitally. It's an opinion and just something people say. They're not going to stand by and watch and see if you take their advice. Do what you feel is right for yourself.
  • Smile and laugh it away. Those people's opinion doesn't matter anyway.
  • Quote: It's irritating me, people keep telling me not to lose anymore weight but for my height I'm still overweight and I want to lose 10-15 more pounds. What's a nice way of telling them to mind their business?

Ask them what they weigh & they will leave you alone. Say I appreciate your concern but I'm fine .

It's YOUR journey unless our Dr says so do as you please.
  • You're trying to escape your fat box. People don't like that. You're supposed to be fat - it makes them feel better about their own insecurties.

OR

They're trying to give you a compliment.

Either way who cares what they say?
  • Quote: Either way who cares what they say?
    You can not care what they say but still be sick of hearing them say it.

I used to tell people that there must be something more interesting to talk about than my weight and then simply didn't engage in the conversation. If you just stand there, people get uncomfortable and move on to something else.