I have a few questions

• Hello all..
    I have a few questions, this one probably sounds silly but here goes. I see that some people can jog and walk fast, 4.0-5.0mph. I am short, 5ft3, and my legs are short...walking at 3.8 is about as high as I can get without feeling like the treadmill is gonna throw me off lol! Can people with longer legs just go faster or is this all in my head? I jog around 3.8-4mph.

Is it normal to feel a little funny a few minutes after working out? I don't get dizzy just feel different. I don't suffer from high blood pressure and pretty healthy other than fibromyalgia, I am thinking it may be the fibro, just wondering if anyone without fibro feels this way?

One more, should I eat something after my workout?

I think that's it for right now! haha
    thanks!
  • Yes because our strides are naturally longer...My comfortable walking pace on a treadmill is 4.5 where as my jogg is anywhere from 5.8-6.4... I'm sure if I was a few inches shorter, it would NOT be near that.

And personally, I always eat something after my workout. But only because I don't eat until then, because I feel heavy and full of food if i'm doing somethhing like running If your hungry after, eat a light snack. Just listen to your body
  • wow 4.5 lol, I would be running haha. Thanks
  • Quote: Hello all..
    I have a few questions, this one probably sounds silly but here goes. I see that some people can jog and walk fast, 4.0-5.0mph. I am short, 5ft3, and my legs are short...walking at 3.8 is about as high as I can get without feeling like the treadmill is gonna throw me off lol! Can people with longer legs just go faster or is this all in my head? I jog around 3.8-4mph.

Is it normal to feel a little funny a few minutes after working out? I don't get dizzy just feel different. I don't suffer from high blood pressure and pretty healthy other than fibromyalgia, I am thinking it may be the fibro, just wondering if anyone without fibro feels this way?

One more, should I eat something after my workout?

I think that's it for right now! haha
    thanks!
    What Baker said about the strides! I can walk at 4.0, but I could also break into a jog. By 4.5 I'd be really struggling walking FAST, but 5.0 is a more comfortable starting point for running for me.

You feel funny how? It could be the endorphines kicking in. But if you feel funny-bad I'm not sure!

You should eat something after your workouts if you are hungry! If you lift you definitely should have some protein of some kind. If it's just cardio it's kind of up to how you feel.
  • It definitely gets better and you WILL eventually be able to walk faster. Time was walking at 3.5mph felt super fast to me and I would run at 4mph. Then gradually I built up on the treadmill and now I walk at 4.5 mph pretty comfortably and run at 6 mph without feeling at all at my limit. You've got to give your legs time to get used to the motion of moving that fast consistently. There are a lot of really fast people who aren't the tallest (Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce who won gold in the Olympics 100m is only 5 feet tall and beat out a field of super tall chicks) so don't be discouraged, you can do it!