IP Daily Chat Friday 10/12/12

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-scale victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms
    OP = on program

Bookmarking:
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
    Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
    the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
    The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
    the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
    If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
    have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
    Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
    http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
  • Good morning Riss!
  • Good morning all. It is a rainy Friday morning here in Tennessee. I have to get three long haired girls fixed for pictures this morning so rain isn't good I know Wed. are my offical weigh in days, but I weigh ever day and today it was 159.6. So excited to see the 50s. Hope everyone has a great Friday!
  • happy friday everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Quote: TOM = time of the month

For heavens sake....... I was wondering who this guy "Tom" was..... and why he was ruining everyones day. I feel kind of silly now
  • Quote: Good morning all. It is a rainy Friday morning here in Tennessee. I have to get three long haired girls fixed for pictures this morning so rain isn't good I know Wed. are my offical weigh in days, but I weigh ever day and today it was 159.6. So excited to see the 50s. Hope everyone has a great Friday!
    Congrats on making it into the 150's! I weigh every day too =)

Quote: For heavens sake....... I was wondering who this guy "Tom" was..... and why he was ruining everyones day. I feel kind of silly now
    LOL

Hope everyone has a great OP Friday!
  • Hi everybody! I'm new and just starting Ideal Protein! I'm a little apprehensive not knowing what it will be like. I watched a tv clip on it with folks from here in New Orleans where they interviewed a few people on it who said it was absolute misery in Phase 1. Yet a couple of guys my husband works with say it's not that bad. Guess I'll find out! I've already lost almost 5 lbs.
  • Quote: Hi everybody! I'm new and just starting Ideal Protein! I'm a little apprehensive not knowing what it will be like. I watched a tv clip on it with folks from here in New Orleans where they interviewed a few people on it who said it was absolute misery in Phase 1. Yet a couple of guys my husband works with say it's not that bad. Guess I'll find out! I've already lost almost 5 lbs.
    I think only the first 2-3 days are misery, after that I actually felt really good. Just a couple of words of advice. If you start getting bored of eating the same things, try out some of the recipes on here. The other thing is DO NOT CHEAT!

You can read some of the cheating threads and see what comments people make. If you cheat once, it makes it so hard to get back on plan. Most of the people really regret it because they revert to old habits and just can't get to goal weight.

Great loss so far!
  • Quote: Hi everybody! I'm new and just starting Ideal Protein! I'm a little apprehensive not knowing what it will be like. I watched a tv clip on it with folks from here in New Orleans where they interviewed a few people on it who said it was absolute misery in Phase 1. Yet a couple of guys my husband works with say it's not that bad. Guess I'll find out! I've already lost almost 5 lbs.
    Misery? Hardly! After you get into Ketosis and your body gets out of carb(sugar) withdrawal (3-7 days...use salt!), Phase 1 is SIMPLE!

It takes planning but I've lost more weight more quickly on this diet than I've ever experienced before. I'm learning what to do/grab when I'm hungry and I'm learning the difference between "want to eat" and "true hunger". So, I grab some hot tea or herbal tea to help me decide between the two . Hot tea has become my "after school snack" (or some decaf coffee with a little IP vanilly RTD)

The other thing that helps me know whether I'm truly hungry or just want to eat: Will I eat a lettuce salad? Days/times I'm REALLY hungry, lettuce will satisfy. If I just "want to eat" I don't want a salad. Its been an easy way for me to figure out the difference and I'll be able to use this test for the rest of my life. It has taken the help of the highly restricted diet for me to learn some of this.

Instead of fighting the restrictions, I've used them for my own good. And it's working!!!!

Happy Friday everyone!
  • Quote: I think only the first 2-3 days are misery, after that I actually felt really good. Just a couple of words of advice. If you start getting bored of eating the same things, try out some of the recipes on here. The other thing is DO NOT CHEAT!

You can read some of the cheating threads and see what comments people make. If you cheat once, it makes it so hard to get back on plan. Most of the people really regret it because they revert to old habits and just can't get to goal weight.

Great loss so far!
    Great post, ragdoll. That's the key to this program, DO NOT CHEAT!

Molly
  • Hello Everyone, I have my third weigh in in a couple of hours. I am trying not to have any coffee or water before I go. Long 2 hours. We will see. I did successfully go to a brewery and a winery in 24 hours without drinking. This diet is great. I can't believe I did that as I love both wine and beer.

Have a great day
  • Quote: Hello Everyone, I have my third weight in in a couple of hours. I am trying not to have any coffee or water before I go. Long 2 hours. We will see. I did successfully go to a brewery and a winery in 24 hours without drinking. This diet is great. I can't believe I did that as I love both wine and beer.

Have a great day
    That's definitely a NSV! Good luck at your weigh in today!
    Welcome!! I'm in Louisiana too! It's not misery...soooooooooo worth the effort and whatever sacrifice you have to make. This program works and works quickly. First few days are rough, then smooth sailing!
  • Morning everyone! I haven't checked in for awhile. Been fighting a major cold for the past several days so I'm very low on energy. But I've managed to stay OP. WI#8 and i'm down another 4 lbs! Just 6 more to goal.
  • Quote: Good morning all. It is a rainy Friday morning here in Tennessee. I have to get three long haired girls fixed for pictures this morning so rain isn't good I know Wed. are my offical weigh in days, but I weigh ever day and today it was 159.6. So excited to see the 50s. Hope everyone has a great Friday!
    Congrats on getting to the 50's!

Quote: For heavens sake....... I was wondering who this guy "Tom" was..... and why he was ruining everyones day. I feel kind of silly now
    Hilarious!!

Quote: Hi everybody! I'm new and just starting Ideal Protein! I'm a little apprehensive not knowing what it will be like. I watched a tv clip on it with folks from here in New Orleans where they interviewed a few people on it who said it was absolute misery in Phase 1. Yet a couple of guys my husband works with say it's not that bad. Guess I'll find out! I've already lost almost 5 lbs.

Not misery at all!! First few days are rough, but honestly easy after that! Good luck.....and yes no cheating!

Quote: Hello Everyone, I have my third weigh in in a couple of hours. I am trying not to have any coffee or water before I go. Long 2 hours. We will see. I did successfully go to a brewery and a winery in 24 hours without drinking. This diet is great. I can't believe I did that as I love both wine and beer.

Have a great day
    Good for you and good luck!