Tuesday, Oct. 9, South Beach Daily Chat

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Good Morning

I'm up early and have already enjoyed coffee. Yum. We're traveling to our hot springs as soon as I get off work. Last Tues. I wasn't packed and was too tired to move after work. We ended up driving into the evening sun and DH was grumpy. I decided to smarten up and went to bed early last night so I could be all packed by the time I left for work. I'm going to turn off the computer now and pack it up so I'll check back in as we travel over later today.

Today is day 5 back on the food plan. I'd taken a several week detour with OP meals and very poor choices in between. It's amazing just how quickly I start to feel better.

Thanks for being here, everyone! I'm going to go get an hour of sleep before everyone else wakes up.
  • Good morning, Debbie, and safe travels today. I still need to work on day 1 again, great job to you for being on day 5!

Nothing exciting for me except a long day of work today. I'll be putting mexican chicken soup in the crock pot so dinner (healthy!) is ready for DH when he gets home with the kids. I am super excited however, that I went to bed early, and managed to sleep in almost until my alarm went off!!

Have a great day, chicks!
  • Debbie, you are the "travellingest" woman I know! I don't know how you do it. Thanks for starting us up.

TwynnB, that soup sounds great. Had planned on a veggie beef soup for lunches this week and made one over the weekend. This morning it'll go down the drain as it's absolutely awful. I have no idea what went wrong (I'm a good soup creator) but suspect it was overkill with the dried mushrooms.

Managed to stay abed until 6 this morning and am now sipping coffee while Disney grumbles about not having breakfast. Jazz doesn't give a hoot and went back to bed. I'll feed him when I leave to take Madame D to the vet at 8:30. The rest of the day I'll fill up with work stuff so I don't fret too much about my darling going "under the knife". A run to the bank to deposit a pile of money will be good - I hate having a lot of cash around when the whole Village knows I'm Mill Treasurer. We've never had a break-in but there's always a first time.

Still plugging away at the huge accounting workload but the end is in sight. Today I should get the package off to the dear auditor who is doing a thing called a "review engagement" which is supposed to be a mini-audit. So far it's been major because this guy seems to want absolutely everything. He annoys me because he never speaks to me directly but has his "girl" call and email me. Jerk!

So today will be spent hard at work trying to keep from worrying about Disney. I do have full confidence in my vets but she IS an older dog and has some physical problems. Fingers crossed that all goes well.

Happy Tuesday - although it feels like Monday for those of us with a holiday yesterday.
  • Good morning.

Debbie, I would always be in a state of confusion if I had to travel back and forth from one house to another, if I were you. I don't know how you do it! Have a safe trip, and I hope the sun doesn't get in your eyes.

I had an awful night's sleep, and then overslept this morning and had to have a very quick shower. On top of that, it's cold and rainy outside, but I will not let that ruin my day. There's a ray of sunshine hiding somewhere.
  • Good morning, Tammy and Ruth.

Ruth, I'm sending up prayers and lots of positive thoughts for Disney today.
  • Good morning,

Ruth hope everything goes well for Disney today

Cottage enjoy your day

Debbie you are more prepared than me I don't think I could do that every week.

Twynn enjoy your day, I was at the vet yesterday with Blue getting her shots and a check up. DD2 was trying to talk me into a Kitty to adopt while we were there

Today is catch up day at work since I took yesterday off and then soccer practice tonight that is all.

Have a great day everyone
  • Good morning chicks. Debbie have a safe trip. Ruth I hope everything goes well with the vet. Tammy so happy you finally slept the night. Linda dreary day here, but love your positive attitude.

No big plans other than groceries, cleaning and cooking. DS is with me until Thursday. I will need to take a few hours off on Thursday so I know he actually goes to school. The bus really doesn't stop anymore since he has been driving his day's car to school.

Had a mini melt down on my ride yesterday around mile 31. Apparently Mountain PASS road is a liar! You don't pass the mountain it is a 5 mile long climb. I actually walked with my bike while eating my cliff energy bar (gave the illusion that walking was intentional lol). Otherwise the ride was really beautiful. Forty two miles and three states. My reward was a little shopping spree at my favorite gift store. I bought a couple of garden flags for me and birthday presents for my mom. I send her birthday, my step father's birthday and their Christmas gift the first week of December. I am trying to get my shopping done before Thanksgiving as I hate the crowds. Gotta love the Internet too.

Have a great day!
  • Back for a check in....

Linda, sorry you didn't sleep well! I hope your day passes quickly!

Ruth, I know Madame D will pull through just fine! I hope you make progress on your paperwork while you're waiting.

Jennifer, congrats! on a successful ride! That is such an accomplishment...and I love the part about eating the Clif bar so you looked like you were supposed to be walking

Twynn, it took me several days to get that "day 1" but it's sure been easier since then. Love your new title, "master extractor".

Pearlrose, I hope you get caught up at work and have a good result at the soccer game tonight!

OK, the only thing left to do is to pick up in the office and think out a clothes box. The key to my success with the traveling is being organized. I have duplicates of all the essentials stocked in both locations; toothbrush, makeup, shampoo, and most importantly VITAMIX. I used to have a reliable wardrobe in both places but my stuff migrated over here this summer. My job this morning is to pack leisure stuff to take over there, which I will leave...including undies. Then all I "have" to carry back and forth is laptop, camera, planner, phone, important bank bag and veggies. The cat made her last trip two weeks ago. She is older and much happier in one place. Bing absolutely loves the car and is asleep in the back within minutes. I gave DH his instructions re my arrival from work. I think I'm going to put my stuff in the car before work so I don't have to think afterwards. DH will drive and I will "surf". It's worth it for nice fall days at the hot springs!

Have a great day everyone!
  • Good Morning and Wow it's great to be back!
    Hey Ladies,

It's been years since I have been on here, but I used to be a faithful member. I started in here on weight watchers in 2005 and then moved to South Beach and came back and forth until 2009. I had a major job change and then got pregnant with my first baby. You all probably won't remember me, but I saw all your names and remembered you so fondly. I live in West Virginia and my little girl is 2 1/2, I am currently unemployed and am suffering from some health issues and know I need to get healthy for her and myself.

I look forward to getting back on plan and enjoying your company once again

Also...my old id was Sunny Bunny, I forgot what it was, but just did a search and found me back then. I changed my id because Sunny Bunny was my chinchilla's name and she died in 2009 at the age of 13
  • Welcome back Michaelann!!

You all sound so busy. Today I got kids up, took them each to school, and read a book for class. I am finishing up one of my grad classes today - final paper, and just signed up for class number 2. I may sound REALLY WEIRD here, but I love being back in "education for myself" mode!

To all with travels today - stay safe!
    To all with health concerns - prayers never hurt, so I sent some along.

Everyone - be well -
  • Just popping in - I'm still here. Have a great day!
  • Welcome back Michaelann, looking forward to getting to know you
  • Disney survived the cleaning and is now minus seven teeth! I was very worried that the anesthetic would do her in as she's older than we think. Anyhow it'll be mushed up egg and bread with some mashed cooked carrot for meals for a while. Want some?
  • Mmmmm (blarrrrgh) that sounds delicious, Disney! Your favorite!

Glad she came through ok Ruthie!
  • Ruth glad Disney is on the mend. My mom has a young basest hound (rescue) who has NO teeth!! He eats just fine and is adorable as his tongue always hangs out (quite funny)