Dietary confession time!

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Lest anyone think I am a paragon of dietary virtue all the time, can I just lay out the truth about how AWFUL cravings and food aversions have been during this pregnancy? BRUTAL!

Right now most aversions are gone, except strong fish, but I have been craving poptarts to the point of ridiculousness, and thanks to some walking into my house from a coupon sale, giving in!

Now. This doesn't make me a failure of maintenance or indicate I have no willpower, but some seasons of life are definitely heavier on the dietary mojo than others, and this has been my worst pregnancy for cravings yet. I figured I'd go less insane in the long run with a few poptarts before heading back to lower carb, than obsessing until I binged myself sick. But it is still a bit embarrassing to crave something that doesn't even pretend to be real food! Talk about nutritionally devoid!

Just keeping it real, and I know you folks have been there, too. Still on the wagon, but definitely not with perfect adherence!
  • Good to know you're human! Sometimes I've wondered...

F.
  • 1 point for human.

2 points for poptarts.

everybody wins!
  • I have either candy/dessert or booze at least 5 days a week. Sometimes both.
  • I'm good with dark chocolate, but I can justify a square of that - tastier, less calories, FAR less sugar. I am really sensitive to sugar and wheat so the poptarts actually make me feel terrible, but I can't logic my way out of hormonal cravings quite as easily. And being on plan, more or less, for four years, it is easy to forget why I swore of particular foods to begin with!

I'm remembering, though. Headache and tummy ache, now!
  • I don't consider any of the food I eat to be "bad" thus I feel no need to confess.

Having said that - I haven't been to the gym to lift for over a month and the time before that was over a month. Still getting plenty of exercise in but none of the kind I advocate most.
  • That's me and TTap - I love it, but I haven't done it since July, consistently. A few workouts here and there, but I've been so exhausted i generally hut the couch by two and can barely budge until I have to cook dinner.

Now that my energy is finally back I'm adding it back in and I've been doing other things, like swimming, but I tend to advise on what I know is best and less on what I might be currently doing

It's nice to know I'm not alone in that's at least!
  • want a confession? 5:36 pm. 1800-some-odd-calories- and i'm currently cooking dinner.

rock on.
  • I'm at 1600 for the day with dinner to go, thanks to those stupid poptarts. Dinner's probably going to be creamy chicken soup, which is about 400 calories a serving (too lazy to open my app and check), so I'll be over by about 200 for the day. Oh well!
  • Mine was pasta (spag) & lots of it with a little bit of sauce ...thankfully I found Dreamfields pasta. I don't crave / obsess over it as much. Funny when you keep some of whatever in the house you don't want it as much .
  • Taryl AND John are both human!?
  • lmao! to funny! ya bunch of back sliding human beings what are you thinking! wow i do love this site! hope all else is going well with ur pregnancy!
  • Shhh! It's a secret, Steph! Don't tell my kids, they still think I'm omniscient because I can figure out that someone stole a toy from brother, *just* because he screamed (and not because they vacated the area in a hurry, trying to look innocent).

I'll be back to giving out overly confident dietary advice in no time, rest assured
  • I inhaled 3/4 of a box of japanese takeout tonight. SCORE!
  • OH OH OH and I ate a couple cookies yesterday. Keebler's cookies with peanut butter cups in them. HECK YES I DID! I have no shame cause they were OM NOM DELICIOUS!