Christian Encouragers ~ October

You're on Page 7 of 9
Go to
  • Thanks all!

DH decided he wanted me to go to his apt with him tomorrow if it can be worked out...I wanted to just stay home and try and distract myself instead but I'll go since he wants me to. Not totally excited about it though.

So many new folks here! Glad to see everyone ... wish I had more time to spend getting to know you all, I am trying to at least read here a couple times a week when I have time...maybe next week will be better!
  • Oh and my sister spent some time with my dad last week.
    says his short term memory is really bad I NEED to get back with my step mother about his meds, I think she may not be on top of that very well.
  • I just read back through 2 weeks of posts. There's a lot happening here. I am praying for the needs and rejoicing with the victories!

I have been on holidays and of course my eating went with it. We went to Minneapolis for a few days and had a really good time. It was hard to get back into eating properly after eating in restaruants for 4 days. I was very busy doing yard work and painting in the house so I got exercise. I just wasn't eating on schedule or making proper choices. Now that I'm back at work I hope to get back on track.

Have a great week!
  • Wilma ~ glad you had a good time in Minneapolis; I'm sure you'll be back on track in no time at all.

NELLY ~ ^prayers^ for your DH and you; I'm sure he appreciates your support at this time.

WE went to the hospital to do the tests and found out I have to fast for them; so back we go tomorrow and next week. So we ran a few other errands today instead. We had some lovely so I went out for a nice long walk this afternoon. Gonna go to bed earlier tonight; didn't get much sleep last night and have to get up early tomorrow for a test. Have to fast on water til then so I hope my blood sugar levels stay balanced through the night. Eating has been very good this week and getting lots of exercise in too; very happy about that!!!

Have a wonderful week everyone ...
  • hi everyone, just checking in. I'm pooped so I'm off to bed.
  • rosebud, good luck on your test I am praying that you test will show no problems. Praying always for strength for you for your needs physically and otherwise.
  • Thanks, BARGOO ~ I appreciate that so much ... two tests down today. Two for next Monday (or more; they may surprise me). I have a feeling more are coming ...

LAURA ~ oh, that dress is beautiful!!! You will look great in it, I'm sure!

We had really cold, wet, windy, and chilly weather today; I still did a walk but I was really slow, but then I was out at 6:30 am looking for our furry baby DH let go, and thank GOD, I found him. Then we went for the tests, so I got lots of walking in today.

Here I thought if I went to bed earlier last night, I'd get more sleep; not so with DH roaming the house all hours. Maybe tonight I will get some, I pray! I think I'll sleep from exhaustion. We go to get DH's meds tomorrow which should include some sleeping pills, so maybe that will help finally.

A guy we know came by to do estimates on some small jobs we need done around here. I would like to use my dryer this year so that is the first one he'll do. Then fix the shed for DH (for peace of mind); then put some rails on the front porch steps for the winter; and also some down our basement stairway as well. So glad to be finally getting them done.
  • Just checking in very quickly, have to catch up on alot of things today that I didn't get done the last week due to my open house.

Any how...thanks for the prayers! I was going to go in with my DH for his apt with the urologist, but our daughter got sick and I couldn't. He texted me several times while there and I almost came unglued waiting to hear what they found in his bladder. Dr said 50% chance of bladder cancer with his symptoms.
    Any how, there were no visible signs of bladder cancer, they did do some kind of test to confirm that. They saw 2 kidney stones, so are thinking his symptoms are due to that, but want to do a CT scan next week to be sure there are no more issues going on. Meanwhile, DH's symptoms are starting to clear, so maybe the stones passed and now it is the end ... we can pray the Lord has answered.

Also, the CT scan would go on our $3000 out of pocket, costing $1700+) before the insurance pays, but praise God our hospital has a payment assistance program for low income families and we qualify for it to be written off, so it won't cost us anything. We do, however owe around $400 to the Dr and some other things we haven't gotten yet. We will be paying on that for years.
  • PRAIZE GOD, NELLY ~ for answered prayers for your DH! We pray that there will be nothing else there; and he'll be feeling chipper once again.

TRISH ~ hope all is well with you presently; ^prayers^ continue for your situation ...

We got lots done this week. Our repairman came and put the basement stair rails in for us, and fixed the back shed too. Doctors appts done, a couple of tests done, and new meds for DH, which we hope will help him. Furnace guy came this AM, and cleaned our furnace for us too.

Eating has been really good. I can't have any red meat right now and some veggies are limited for a test I am doing for Monday, plus I will be having an ultrasound that day too. Hope my small bladder can hold the water OK.

It's colder today as the wind is pretty strong. Will have to dress up much warmer if I want to do a walk later today. Gee, we may have to pull out the winter coats, if this keeps up. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend coming up ...

EDIT2ADD: well, the winds calmed down, the sky cleared, and I had a really nice walk tonight after dinner. The moon and stars were out and that was nice too.
  • Nelly I praise God for the answered prayers for your DH. I pray nothing else is there and he will be fine.

Rosebud Hope the new meds are working well for you DH.

Things are peaceful right now. I just saw a post on FB by DSIL where he told someone that he was in FL visiting his son and he is coming back here on Sunday morning, but that he will be back for good when school is done. I just read it to DH, because obviously they plan to move back down there when she is done with school. I think they should be telling us their plans. I just wish I knew if that is going to be when she is through with LPN school in December or if they think they are staying here until she finishes her RN online school in 8 months. From things he is saving to me, I think they are going to be surprised as I am as to how he feels about things. He said if they start talking about them moving back, that he wants us to push for them to go. That surprised me. So perhaps there will be an end to this.
  • Trish ~ yes, they should be discussing their plans with you for sure. Your SD can do her RN online in FL -- and in the meanwhile, she could get a part-time job with her LPN degree to earn money and get experience there as well. Her DH could get a job there too, esp if they are planning on moving back there anyways. Sounds like he can't wait to go back. ^Prayers^ continue that they are more forthright with you.
  • Quote: hi everyone, just checking in. I'm pooped so I'm off to bed.
    The dress is beautiful and I'm sure you will be beautiful in it.
  • Quote: Trish ~ yes, they should be discussing their plans with you for sure. Your SD can do her RN online in FL -- and in the meanwhile, she could get a part-time job with her LPN degree to earn money and get experience there as well. Her DH could get a job there too, esp if they are planning on moving back there anyways. Sounds like he can't wait to go back. ^Prayers^ continue that they are more forthright with you.
    The real surprise was when I was getting to go to bed. You know I wondered how DH really feels about me. He actually came to me and hugged and kissed me good night. This tells me that the situation has been the problem not me. He talked about how good it is going to be when it is just the 2 of us. That really felt good to learn.
  • Hi everyone! I had a great time with my hunny this weekend and I'm home now. The 2.5 hr drive home was yucky and rainy. Glad to be home. I miss him already though.
    Barely resisted showing him the wedding dress picture because I can't keep a secret and I'm excited! But somehow I managed to keep it to myself. Luckily he has more discipline and wants to be surprised at the wedding so he won't let me show him. He's stronger than me. Poor guy will prolly never get a Christmas, anniversary, or bday gift that I haven't spilled the beans about. Don't ever tell me your secrets. I can't keep them.